new here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: new here

Postby val » 08 Sep 2008, 00:52

when my CRS said he needed to investigate, he had no intention of doing it while i was awake, he said it would be too painful and the muscles would clench up involitarily.So is it possible your CRS meant under anaesthetic? It sounds like he's good if he wants to do a lot of tests on you! I'm so glad you have a good CRS!

If you are having LIS soon anyway, couldn't they do those kind of tests at the same time? Just a thought..
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby pinky » 08 Sep 2008, 01:32

Lecia-so sorry to know the nerve is injured.do u have any incontinence?i havent had anoscopy just physiological tests to measure the pressure.just simple tests as in pain.r u pain free now?
Fiss-its best to know the resting pressure before LIS.if the pressure is low,then LIS wont help.it would require Anal flap as LIS wont help and the risk of incontinence is very high.if the pressure is high,LIS is the choice.u shud ask ur CRS about it.i doubt if they can sedate me here before ultrasound.im in the UK.if u r here in the UK ill be very glad to give u his name.wats a PM fiss?hope u'll be pan free soon.
Val-Its true its not possible to examine while awake due to severe spasm n pain.i was given general anaesthetic twice and examined.once my first CRS examined n said its just an abrasion in jan.then in august my new CRS examined n said i have 2 fissures n injected botox.LIS is definetely under GA.I hope and pray we all get better soon.
Thanks so much for ur sweet words and concern lecia,val and fiss Image Image
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Corsi » 08 Sep 2008, 03:23

Pinky Image
I had Botox without local anaesthetic (because it is best given without it according to my CSR - read my "No LIS, more Botox thread", No GA, and I was awake....) and he used an ultrasound the whole time. It is the size of a man's finger, and they lube it before they use it. I have dreaded this BIG (my imagination) monster thing, and when I saw I almost laughed.... I was given something to relax in my vein.
I really do know what you say about painful exams. I always tell the CRS to put as little pressure as possible on the fissure. Mine is at 6 o'clock and I tell him to "press" at 12 o'clock when going in. I have finally found a wonderful CRS, am happy because of that. He will not do LIS at this point because my external sphincter is weak now (because of Botox maybe, but de can't be sure), so he does exactly what you say :)
Don't dread the ultrasound, at least not the size of it. Ask if you can get something that relaxes you...
Hang in there dear, don't give up - post as much as you need and you'll get support. I have learned that this is a wonderful place to be whether you are in pain, or you aren't. You can get support and give support Image
Image Corsica Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby pinky » 08 Sep 2008, 15:40

Thanks for ur support corsica.this is a wonderful site and im getting so much support from u great buddies.it makes a huge difference to have others support.
i had to be examined under general anaesthesia as i was in severe pain and the sphincter goes into spasm unable to examine properly.best way is to relax the sphincter byGA and i was given botox at the same time.i know the probe is almost a finger size but with this pain im so scared.ill give it a try and see.
wondering how juney and fiss are.hope they r fine.
pinky
Fissureologist

Postby pinky » 10 Sep 2008, 02:08

will be going for the scan this afternoon.im so scared and hope my sphincter is fine.will post after the scan
pinky
Fissureologist

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2008, 07:40

Goodluck today Pinky !
I didnt realise you were from the UK Image
And a doctor too Image

Postby val » 10 Sep 2008, 08:53

Good luck Pinky!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2008, 08:58

Yes, I hope everything goes well today! :truebud:

Postby Jo » 10 Sep 2008, 08:58

Thinking of you and hoping your scan went well.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby pinky » 10 Sep 2008, 13:20

thank you all so much for ur wishes.it was a rough day for me.woke up at 6am n went to the loo 4 times till 10am.i would sit in the sitz n get up n then back again to the loo.got fed up.went to the hosp for a scan and he cudnt get the probe in to examine as i would go into spasm.he tried but not possible :( i tried to bear the pain but couldnt.radiologist was understanding n told me its not possible to examine me in so much pain.i apologised for wasting for his time but he was sympathetic and told me its usually not possible to examine a case of fissure and calmed me down.he said he wud talk to my surgeon n see if they can do it when im having a GA.Not sure if it can be done as they have to be free and its too much to ask in the nhs.so i dont know if my sphincter is fine.
I had another hitch today.they called me from the day unit and told me theyd postpone my surgery for 3 weeks.can u imagine my plight???i tried to explain to the lady my situation but she said she was sympathetic but cudnt do anything as surgeon had a big case that day.my surgeon is on holiday till monday n i knew he wudnt have allowed them to cancel my case at any cost as he knew my situation.wat was i to do?i called his secretary crying and explained everything to her.she said she wud inform the surgeon as soon as he came on monday and said my crs wudnt be happy my case is cancelled.i just cried n cried on my way to the hosp wondering and blaming God why there was no end to my misery.then i receive a call to say im back on for 15th Image my crs's secretary requested another crs to speak to the day unit not to cancel my case.she's an angel and i cant thank her enough.i just hate the way nhs works.i never understood when patients blamed the nhs.now i can understand their plight.i feel sorry for everyone and im taking private health care after this.i wouldve been sorted much quicker if i was in private than waiting in nhs.im so scared now till i have the operation.hope they wont cancel again.
pinky
Fissureologist