New here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New here

Postby cherylk » 02 May 2009, 05:04

Jen,
So some people with fissures come to the ER????? What do you/docs do for those patients in the ER???????
Good luck with your studies. I admire your fortitude. It is not an easy task to pursue a nursing degree with a toddler at home!! My older son is getting ready for finals week in pharm school. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 02 May 2009, 08:49

Cheryl -
Thanks Cheryl! When does your son finish school? You are such a wonderful proud mother to both your boys!
Well, not alot of people check in for fissures, but we have had 3 patients check in for them. The patients were scared and did not know what was going on with them. There was one guy about my age, and 2 women in their 40's. One lady just had LIS and was in alot of pain. The doctor gave her morphine. It was just interested to see these people come in. I told my hubby I was scared that my old CRS was going to come into the ER to see these fissure patients and recognize me. My hubby said my CRS would only recognize me if I turned my back to him and then he would say, "Oh Jennifer - there you are!" LOL!!!! Image
Sorry for hijacking your thread Macy! I hope your feeling well this weekend!
Jen Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 02 May 2009, 11:24

Jen,
After this upcoming week of finals, he will be 1/2 way through pharm school. I'll post our picture. I think he has finally found his niche after having several previous jobs. He'll have only 2 more years left. I am proud of both of my sons. Since he already had a chem degree, he only has the 4 years of pharm school to complete. Others often take 2 years of pre-pharm equaling 6 years of total schooling. He has a summer job lined up, so we are all VERY happy about that (working in a drug store pharmacy).
Interesting about the fissure patients. Maybe you could share your personal experience with them? Best wishes on your training. You also had to deal with the physical and mental aspects of having an AF during your schooling which, I know, put extra pressure on you and resulted in more stress. Good going!!!!! Image I'm sure you will make a great nurse!! Image I think we should have an online party of some sort when you graduate!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 02 May 2009, 12:11

Here here, Cheryl ! Image
Sorry to hijack but you are going to be a fantastic nurse, for sure ! Image
I wish you well with the remainder of your studies Image

Postby Jen » 02 May 2009, 20:10

Thanks Tabby & Cheryl!!! Image
Yes we will have to plan a virtual party for when I graduate. We can all sip on a glass of wine in the chat room together! LOL!
Image Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 04 May 2009, 06:53

I actually went to the ER with my fissure. I was on the way to a Christmas party and had to go to the bathroom. We met my parents at their house first and I went and thought something must have tore me open. I knew nothing about fissures and this was the first I experienced it. So my stepmom said you need to go to the ER in case something is really wrong. It was so embarrasing but I was in a lot of pain. The doc was really nice and gave me proctofoam and said 5-7 days for healing (!). That was the beginning of the end......

Postby Guest » 04 May 2009, 06:55

Jen--yes my husband and I were planning to have another one when ours turned 3 this August. Of course, this was pre-fissure and now I too am scared to death. I told him obviously I wouldn't at all until this thing is healed and then would have to think about it. That is depressing too.

Postby Guest » 04 May 2009, 07:02

Fiss--what herbal things for your butt did you use??

Postby Fissulyna » 04 May 2009, 10:17

Hey Tracy,
I used couple of things. My ritual was something like this : I would have my BM first thing in the morning, would wash with running water, than sit in the tub for 20 min. After soaking I would get up, dry with towel and check my butt for cleanliness. If I would find anything astray, I would use a q-tip dipped in chamomile or Balneol cream to gently clean it. Sometimes I needed many q-tips to really do nice job. After that I would soak cotton round in a cup of chamomile cream with 2 dropper-fulls of White Oak and tuck it between my cheeks and lay on my belly for 20 min reading something. After my butt felt nice and cool , I would get up, remove the cotton round and dry my butt with a hairdryer and apply the cream that I mixed myself . It was a combo of Aloe gel, Mebo cream, A+D Cram, vit. E and Vit, A drops, some Nefidapine. All mixed well gives very nice looking cream and decent smelling ; ) . I would apply some than with a q-tip on my anus and it protected it from discharge, moisture and friction.
I would repeat all of the above at least 3 times a day.
Hope it gives you some new ides to try Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 04 May 2009, 11:20

Thanks Fiss,
How soon did you see improvement with your mix?
What's Mebo cream?