New here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New here

Postby Guest » 01 May 2009, 10:00

What exactly is a fissurectomy? Did the skin tags develop after the LIS? Sorry, I am so naive to the workings of the butt :(
I am hopeful in that I don't think i have any skin tags, or anything else going on..other than the fissure.
Do you use any creams or anything now?
So did the fissure come back or retear after the first LIS? What did the new surgeon say about the first LIS?

Postby cherylk » 01 May 2009, 10:01

Skin tags usually develop after thrombosed hemrroids (in my case).
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 01 May 2009, 10:02

Thanks Kim too.....need to hear positives. I am feeling a little better today, or more hopeful anyway. At least I feel better when the period goes away.....

Postby Fissulyna » 01 May 2009, 10:17

Skin tags can develop after any kind of trauma that happens in the anus. They are visible from the outside and look like tiny skin folds that are sticking out a little bit. I developed mine as a result of fissurectomy. Fissurectomy is the procedure that CRS does after examining fissure during LIS. If he sees any scar tissue forming - he shaves the edges of the fissure itself to promote "clean" adhesion of the edges and better healing.
Yes, fissure came back after 6 months since I became tight again. BUT, nobody was able to see the fissure or eager to do something about my butt problem at that point. It was like " learn to live with it" attitude Image Image Image . My last CRS took time to examine all possible causes and confirmed that I am very tight and did colonoscopy and made a photo of my small fissure !!!!! So, we proceeded with the second LIS, etc.
No, I now do not have any need to use any creams.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 01 May 2009, 10:27

Oh I love that "live with it attitude" my CRS has. He said my fissure is small, no complications and I should heal with time. Maybe he is right, but I could have used some reassurances instead of what he said at first (I should be healed in two weeks)...
Wow a colonoscopy must have been hell to prep for with a fissure??
So I guess a flap replacement is a completely different procedure then..depends on the CRS I guess.
What do you think helped the most after surgery?

Postby Guest » 01 May 2009, 11:30

Oh and this is embarrasing but hey it seems it's ok on here! I do pass gas without trying really, no incontinence, just sometimes the gas slips out...this makes me think I am ok down there even though sometimes I feel a little tight. Does that sound right?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 May 2009, 11:35

Ha ha, I have never heard of the "gas' method of determining tightness but I am sure it has *some* validity!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 01 May 2009, 15:29

Yes, it sounds right ! When I was tight I had to press hard to get rid of the "bubble" - actually that was my best evaluation method of the sphincter status. Before my first LIS I could not pass the gas not even while sleeping - I know...I know ...now Kim is asking - "How do you know if you are passing gas if you are asleep"??? Well, obviously most people do that and have no idea, but if you can not do it and all of the sudden you can it wakes you up - believe it or not Image - even though it is SILENT !!!!! Just the feeling of "something going out" would wake me up !!!!!! Also, just after the LIS no 1 it would go out so easily, it was almost fun (yeah .... small things make us happy after fissure hell Image ).
So, all in all, it ca mean that you are not too tight "down there", but again - if you have spasms that last for long time - it can hinder the healing Image.
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 01 May 2009, 15:34

Oh, I just found your question - "what helped the most " ?
For me it was regular warm baths (20 min each, 4-5 times a day), keeping it ultra clean, using some herbal things on my butt and , of course, making sure my poop is nice , which for me, thanks God was not a problem.
I wish you the best of luck Tracy Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Jen » 01 May 2009, 22:14

Macy -
Our problems sound very similar. I like you, have no skin tags. My CRS decribes my fissure as a large paper cut. I had LIS in August and now finally months later, I feel occassional spasms (dull or sharp), sometimes a scratching feeling with a BM, and a sorness all day feeling. I am very thankfull that these feelings are not constant and most the time I am normal. These issues of mine are nothing compared to my issues pre LIS problems.
Are you planning on having more kids? You have a 2 year old like me I think. I want more kids but I am terrified to be pregnant or give birth when I alreay have issues with my butt! Everyone here on the board knows of my fear of getting prego again! :)
By the way everyone - As you know I am super busy finishing up with school. I am doing my preceptorship in an ER right now (360 hours). I have taken care of several patients with fissures. I feel so bad for them - I want to tell them about me & my issues but I don't - some other nurses may hear me & it may be inappropriate. There are so many people like us out there!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39