New here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New here

Postby cherylk » 29 Apr 2009, 12:28

Gals,
I went to a tea tasting program last night. After I check out the website for the tea, I will post it. Tea (true tea from China, nor our bagged tea) is supposed to help with various ailments. I bought the type for the digestive system. I'll report back after I try it!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Apr 2009, 12:29

Macy,
I can't speak specifically to fried foods, though I am sure that like anything, in moderation they are probably OK.
Sweets will generally have a faster transit time through your digestive system, and I can only postulate what problems that might cause, lumpier, dryer stools as they will not have had time to absorb enough water? Or perhaps looser stools that have not had time to form and which may have "bits" that might hurt the fissure as they slide by?
Junk food will just create lumpier, mis-shapened stools that cause also probably mechanically tear at the fissure site more than a smooth, soft "log" might. The consistency of the stool can be very important in some AF cases, but not all. In my case, I had less pain if the stool was formed and smooth, and I got a terrible burning if the stool was soft approaching mushy. Others here do great if their stools are mushier and less formed. But no one benefits if its large and lumpy!
So you might want to keep track of which type stool seems best/worst...
Deleted User 5

Postby Jules » 29 Apr 2009, 12:34

yes, keep us informed about the tea Cherylk.
Jules
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2009, 13:37

Thanks Kim,
After your surgery,did you take any fiber supplements/stool softeners? What was your diet like?

Postby cherylk » 29 Apr 2009, 13:42

The Chinese lady last night said cold liquids are bad for the digestive system. She said they very rarely have iced beverages in China. Also some raw vegs (broccoli) are much harder to digest than when they are cooked. I think the Chinese have many good ideas. I have never seen an overweight Chinese person.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2009, 13:51

Thanks Macymae Image
Florida is my favourite place in the whole wide world !
The citracel , hey if it is keeping things AOK, Then don’t change a thing !!!
Just try reducing fibre intake in your food first, Keep us posted to your findings ! Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Apr 2009, 14:05

Thanks Kim,
After your surgery,did you take any fiber supplements/stool softeners? What was your diet like?

Before my surgery, and for one month after, I took colace as a stool softener. But taking stool softeners for life was not in my game plan, and once my fissure was no longer a painful condition (and it had healed for the larger part) i stopped using colace. But I stuck with the high-veggie, high-fruit, fibery diet, in fact I still do. It's just healthy!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2009, 14:34

Thanks. I will keep on the high (but not too high) fiber diet.
I do love it here, the beaches are fantastic. It's just the hurricane scares that we don't love.
I just feel like my butt feels better for a day, then hurts again. I even am now putting something called Wheatgrass cream on there. Don't know if you guys have heard of it....

Postby Fissulyna » 29 Apr 2009, 16:26

Oh yeap LOL, there is not a cream in this world I did not try Image ! At the end the only one that helped was one I made myself Image
Best of luck Macy Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Apr 2009, 05:31

A few here have claimed it helped but the verdict on wheatgrass cream is still only through anecdotal evidence, but it can't hurt!
Deleted User 5