New here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New here

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2009, 07:39

Hi Macymae
I had to covert your weight, you are just over 9 stone !
IMO - You do not need that extra fibre for your body weight, reduce the fibre down very slowly not a sudden change ! I weigh about the same as you and i get 20-25grams per day, It's finding that purrfect balance of fibre for you !
Hopefully these little changes will help, if you find the walking irritates the area further then just stop, listen to your body !
Goodluck ! Image

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2009, 07:53

Thanks so much for that. I will adjust the fibre. Also, I take Citracel nightly, but it saysbulk forming fibre....is that ok? I think it keeps me regular, but want to make sure it's ok. My CRS told me to use it for life! Have you had surgery Tabby?

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2009, 08:12

I am not familiar with Citracel Image I am from the UK ! But I will say to count that in as part of your daily fibre intake, bulk forming is fine but when overdone with more fibre, well Image
I had the surgery in January, Macymae Image
Here is my thread if you are interested on my progress !
http://anal-fissure.org/considering-surgery-or-already-had-it-f1/lateral-internal-sphincterotomy-my-story-t1726.htm

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2009, 08:37

Ok I will read it!
From the UK? Wow that is interesting. This forum really is wide reaching! I am from sunny Florida, better known as hurricane alley.

Postby Corsi » 28 Apr 2009, 08:48

macymae wrote: Gosh I feel so happy to have found people to talk with after feeling so alone and driving my husband nuts (especially with the what ifs before my surgery).
Yes they do get fed up with listening to our butt talk Image , but what else to do when life revolves around bathroom activities...really interesting!
Good luck Macy Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2009, 09:43

Also,
I have changed my diet considerably, but now do enjoy regular food (just no spicy). I know that dairy constipates so I am careful there, but still enjoy salads, fries, boca burgers, and some desserts. What is bad about sugar and junk food? I just couldn't stand eating just a fissure diet (also lost 20 pounds in six weeks) anymore and the CRS said it didn't matter anyway as long as I had the fibre......and I recently stopped the baths as they didn't help much...

Postby cherylk » 28 Apr 2009, 10:12

Tracy,
I am a volunteer ambassador for Autism Speaks and the Autism Tissue Program. My son with autism is 33 years old. (I was a child bride) Children with autism need social skills training!!!
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2009, 10:17

Cheryl,
You are very right about the social skills. I have seen the patients (and we have an adults group too) come so far and the doc that does it loves these groups. It reminds me to hang in there with my own problems and is inspirational.

Postby cherylk » 28 Apr 2009, 12:35

Tracy,
I posted a link earlier about a story of my son on the internet. Here is the link:
http://www.heartspring75.org/outcomes/students/113-lance-k
I think he is cute!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2009, 14:21

Wow how inspiring Cheryl. He sure seems to have great supporter in you!
Jen--when did you stop feeling consistent pain?
Tootie--how did you heal your fissure?
Tabby-I read your thread and you have been through a lot (as it seems we all have)....I want to get more time to read more stories...