LIS and fissurectomy recovery

When can I expect pain to go down

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS and fissurectomy recovery

Postby skumar » 03 Dec 2013, 16:55

Hi ,

I have gone through LIS , fissurectomy with skin tag removal y'day and I am in so much pain. I am a mom of two kids with c-section and believe me I was never so much down and sad with those surgery. I am in constant pain and taking percoset in every 4 hours. Will I ever come out of it? Am I suppose to get this much pain? Has anyone completely healed from LIS and Fissurectomy. I am feeling so sad and lost since I have to take care of two kids where one is just one month old and with this pain I can't do anything. Called up my doctor today and he said pain will be there for 1-2 weeks and he asked me to take two percoset in every 4 hours. Looking for tips for fast recovery. When will I feel good and walk and sit properly?
skumar
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Re: LIS and fissurectomy recovery

Postby suzyljank » 03 Dec 2013, 23:46

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. Have you tried applying a little heat to the area. If you can take a sitz bath or maybe a heating pad on just warm might help. I've had LIS and just recently bilateral advancement flaps. I was in pain and it required a few days in the hospital but by the time I was discharged I mostly just took ibuprofen. The first few days can be rough and the tag removal is very painful. I saw improvement with pain a little each day so hopeful you will too. Be careful on the percoset. They can cause constipation. Drink lots of water and take a stool softener like miralax or mom. Try to take it one day at a time. When I was recovering I used to mark the days off on a calendar I kept by my bed. I made little notes on how each day was and when I looked back at it I realized I was improving a little every day. It really helped. Try to rest and stay off your feet as much as you can the first week. If you find your pain meds aren't helping call your doctor, he'll work with you to find what works best for you. In the hospital I found toradol helped me the most. It's kind of a super ibuprofen and it really helped with the swelling. I hope you feel better soon. All the best . Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby skumar » 04 Dec 2013, 18:14

Thanks Suzy. I am taking stool softner and sitz bath. Pain is still the same. BM still hurts. Feeling depressed. Don't know what I need to make me little positive. I have been through this fissure problem since last one year along with my second pregnancy so that perhaps makes so sad. It feels like I am into since ages and how many more days?
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 04 Dec 2013, 18:54

I understand how you feel, I had my fissure for 6 years. Be positive that you took the steps needed to heal it. That's a big first step. This group will help you through it too. If you have any questions or just need to vent we're here. Suzy
suzyljank

Postby rio » 06 Dec 2013, 13:29

Hi Skumar, :comfort: It is sad to hear about the pain you have. You have to deal with not just a wound from LIS, but also a wound from a skin tag removal and a procedure on your fissure. You went thru a lot of troubles because of the AF and this is the final one. I am heading for the same procedures and I read about the pain can be horrible in the first few days. Hope it will pass soon and you will be better each day.
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Postby skumar » 10 Dec 2013, 13:22

Thanks Suzy.

1 week post update:

Started feeling little better painwise after 3 days of the surgery but again it was on and off. Little discomfort with BM followed by pain now. Take two percoset and then can stay whole day with no more pain killers. Pain goes down to my legs and I found thats related to Accupunture. I saw Yoga video on youtube and it confirms. Wound from skin tag sites is very fresh. For me that wound is big since Doc mentioned that he would cut it little big. Still get blood and pinkish/yellowish discharge. Now walking , using stairs are comfortable. Sitting is far away. I took 1 week off but could not join today. Took one more week off. "Jsingh" -you were right.

Rio- All the best for your surgery.
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby skumar » 18 Dec 2013, 16:08

2 weeks update:

This site has given me all information which I needed before my surgery. You can't discuss this problem with friends and colleagues so this site became my friend sinc last 1 year. I was pregnant with this fissure , narrow opening and struggled for 9 months. So I am planning to update on my recvery every week so that it might be helpful for someone out there in need.

After 10 days I started feeling little better, still discomfort with BM but not taking pain medicine. Mild pain exists till 11-12 non after BM that gets better after that. No more blood show but some discharge is still there. Have joined my job after 15 days of the surgery. Not very comfortable to drive though but feel better after noon. Overall doing good but sitting and feeding baby is still a pain. Had Doctor's appointment today. He said fissure is not healed and it will take 4-6 weeks. Some swelling still there which will go after few days. Got little blood today, when asked he said it's normal. He was concerned if my BM is thick size so that I won't go through the narrowing problem. He asked me to stop MOM and also prescribed some suppositories which will soften the scare tissue, overall his examination did not hurt much. Went to walgreen but couldn't get the medicine so will ask my hubby to get it. Want to be positive but just that I have gone through so much that I am always scared if I ever come out of this.

So my question is when my BM will be completely pain or discomfort free?
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 18 Dec 2013, 16:22

Hi, glad you're doing better.
I had a double advancement flap done in April of this year. I'm almost at the 8 month mark. It took a long time for everything to settle down but it eventually does. You'll find that the area can also get irritated easily but that will eventally get better too. Just hang in there and give yourself time. Make sure to keep yourself hydrated and your stool formed but on the softer side. I also have to dilate so any scar tissue won't make the area tight again but it's no big deal. I wish you all the best. Happy Holidays. Suzy
suzyljank

Postby skumar » 19 Dec 2013, 13:00

Thanks Suzy. Yes I do see the difference. Just hope the scar tissue won't make it tight. Tightness was my big problem last time. Taking metamucil 2-3 times a day. Will post after a week where I am.
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby skumar » 19 Dec 2013, 13:05

Happy holidays
skumar
Salt Bather