LIS and fissurectomy recovery

When can I expect pain to go down

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS and fissurectomy recovery

Postby scared ann » 18 Jan 2014, 16:20

Hi there ! I go two ,three times a day sometimes four it depend what I eat.and prune juice give runs....that's good though that you don't have pain anymore. Be careful on the fiber supplement they can bulk up your stool...
Take care ...God Bless....
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby skumar » 19 Jan 2014, 06:18

I take prune juice whenever I think I did not complete the BM. anyway I am just wondering we. Are so different. Something works for one but on others so may ne docs are so also confused sometimes what we suggest. My doc said never cut on metamucil otherwise itight scaring or narrowing and I am so affraid of narraowing so make sure atlest I have 2 servings of metamucil. My CRS is very good but old man who does not want to talk more. My previous GP who was yound and very friendly but diagnosed it all wrong so I am happy with this old good CRS. Using the ditz bath and browsing this site is like a daily routine for me now :-). You too went through the same procedure which I havegone through so we both are very close in symptoms. I hope you too heal fast and enjoy the spring with family. I will pray for you. I talk with Jsingh sometimes who had. Similar surgery and he is 4 months post op whenever I am at setbacks. That gives me.assurance that things will heal eventually. It was so nice of him to share his number with me. anyway. Keep updating me on your progress too.
skumar
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby skumar » 24 Jan 2014, 06:01

I think its 7 weeks post op now. Had few set backs. Apart from tightening I am doing good. Most concerned about why I feel its tight again. Will see the Crs first week of march then will ask him.
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby scared ann » 24 Jan 2014, 07:16

Hi skumar ! Glad that you are doing pretty good. I'm going to see my CRS today. How do you know or tell that you are tight again?
Take care and God a Bless ....
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby skumar » 26 Jan 2014, 06:35

I feel that the opening is smaller than what wants to come out and I feel stretch and pull as if it will tear again. How was your appointment? Has your abcess healed completely? Do you also feel tightening.? I started feeling this 1 month post op.
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby scared ann » 26 Jan 2014, 20:59

My appointment got cancel,my CRS got emergency at the hospital. I'm going to see him February 4. I didn't pay attention to it if it's getting stretch or pull. How's your stool? Have you mentioned it to your CRS? about my abscess I don't,now if it's healing ok or not. I really hope so.....I'm really stress and scared :(
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby skumar » 28 Jan 2014, 06:45

Yes he asked to continue with the steroid. Sorry to hear that your appmnt got postponed. Hopefully you hear the good news about your abcess on Feb 4. I know its scary and how stressfull but always remember that you are in mid of treatment and in mid of healing process. This area is so complicate that healing is a slow process but everything will be alright finally. Some takes less time and some more. May ne we are in second category. But why to worry, if this op is not successful then we will go for second one. Atleast I say to myself everyday to calm me down. I am out of pregnancy and there is no constraint on me anymore for further treatmeant but I will give 5-6 months time to see where I am. The area will be tender for months if you are a sensitive person like me. I will pray for you. Don't worry, you will be fine one day.
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby scared ann » 28 Jan 2014, 12:23

Thank you skumar !!! You are right healing is very slow but we will get there ....why are you using steroid ? I thought steroid can cause thinning of the skin? Is there any creams available aside from steroid ? I hope you will feel better soon... I think it's still early to say that the surgery is not successful,we'll give several months. I read other bordies they were completely healed after 3weeks....take care and God Bless....
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby skumar » 07 Feb 2014, 06:33

2 months update

Had doc appmnt yday. He confirmed that I have healed but the skin irritation will be go away slowly. I got one small pea size new skin tag fter the post op and doc said it will be there though he did not mention why I got it. I hate that why these doctor don't speak up . For them it could be normal but for us its a lot.. but if you ask me do I feel normal then answe is no. The area is still very raw and I guess it will take.good 6-7 months. Anyway I am not going to bother so much because I had gone through so much in last 15 months since pregnancy. If this too does not work out then will go for more treatment after few month but for now no more worry. I know its easy to say but let me spend some.quality time with my 4 months old
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby skumar » 07 Feb 2014, 06:35

Ann : I used steroid since my doc insisted. I don't know any other cream I wish you heal faster.
skumar
Salt Bather