Cari's diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Cari's diary

Postby student » 04 Jun 2014, 13:13

sounds good! for me, taking colace when not necessary increases the frequency of when i have a bm. it took a bit, but i found out which foods are ok and which need a little softness boost, dont experiment too much
student
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby carinae23 » 05 Jun 2014, 10:54

Yes, I found that too with Colace. One bm a day is more than enough : )
carinae23
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby student » 05 Jun 2014, 13:27

seriously haha!! its been a few days and im still not regular
student
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby carinae23 » 10 Jun 2014, 12:27

June 10, 2014
Had a good weekend...just some minimal soreness in the morning that was no problem to deal with. Pretty much completely pain free BM this morning which was nice but then a little soreness throughout the morning and into the afternoon. Again, nothing I can't deal with, and it's a heck of a lot better than the awful pain and discomfort I used to have. Internal hemmie still bleeding in the morning...hoping that stops soon. Just continuing to do all of the things that I've been doing, and now I'm adding exercise every day. Did 60 minutes on the exercise bike last night and 60 the day before. Nice to be able to finally feel good enough to sit on the bike again! Will go for another 60 minutes after work today.
carinae23
Fibre Addict

Postby carinae23 » 11 Jun 2014, 13:26

June 11, 2014
Things continue to improve. Being very careful of what I eat, and also added one hour a day of exercise (now that I can sit on my bike again and not want to scream in agony). No pain really with BMs anymore (although I still grit my teeth with expectation LOL)...just mild irritation afterward for a few hours. I find that the thing that adds to the irritation though is sitting in the car. I feel like that's the only time I really am uncomfortable now.
carinae23
Fibre Addict

Postby carinae23 » 18 Jun 2014, 10:24

June 18, 2014
About two weeks since I last wrote and have made no changes in what I'm doing since then. Still a little pain and a tiny bit of bleeding when I go, but the after effects for a few hours after are minimal...as I wrote on June 4, "more annoying than anything." Very nice to be able to live my life normally again and not be debilitated by pain and discomfort, but I'm looking forward to the day when there's no more pain at all.
carinae23
Fibre Addict

Postby carinae23 » 24 Jun 2014, 09:45

June 24, 2014
No more alcohol for me. I indulged in drinking a few glasses of rum a few nights ago and WOW what a mistake. I knew it when I was doing it that I could have a problem but I did it anyway. Definitely set me back a little bit. Stupid me. Never again!
carinae23
Fibre Addict

Postby carinae23 » 08 Jul 2014, 14:03

July 8, 2014
Things are so much better. TJust a tiny bit of discomfort right after I go in the morning...only lasting maybe 15 minutes and then it's gone. I still have some bleeding, but I know that's from my internal hemmie (which, since I've had it since I was 21 and now I'm 48, I should really call my "ETERNAL hemmie" LOL)...looking forward to that dwindling down to nothing as it has in the past. Hoping a few days of Colace will do the trick since everything else is good.
carinae23
Fibre Addict

Postby carinae23 » 17 Jul 2014, 13:50

July 17, 2014
I had a great couple of weeks since my last post with barely any pain and just a little bleeding with my BMs. Things had gotten to the point where I'd forget about my AF maybe 5 minutes after my morning BM...yay! Anyways, for whatever reason I had to strain a bit this morning during a second BM and there was bleeding and the pain is back. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst it had ever gotten previously, I'm probably at a 3...but it's been several hours now, and what I'm noticing is how much it is effecting my mood. It first made me irritable, and then as the day has gone on I'm downright cranky...as well as starting to feel a bit down. The down part is coming from worrying that the problem is starting all over again and wondering if I'll ever be completely free of it. I had lived with severe pain for a couple of months and I was so used to the way I was feeling, I don't think I realized how badly the problem was effecting me emotionally. Since I've been feeling so good recently, I can really feel the downward slide emotionally today. Just my observation of the emotional end of it.
carinae23
Fibre Addict

Postby Scientist2516 » 17 Jul 2014, 14:18

Hi Cari - just want to say, been there, done that, I'm all fine now.
I had many set-backs over the months it took me to heal fully. The set-backs got further and futher apart, and healed more and more quickly. I well remember how they used to get me down. I'd get so depressed thinking I'd never be free of it. But I am free now.

A diary is so useful for recording progress, because it really does have to be measured in weeks and months.

Hang in there! You will be all right! You are doing so, so well.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16