Owmybum s flap diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Owmybum s flap diary

Postby sue30uk » 18 Aug 2014, 16:34

OMB I hope it continues to improve! I am about to restart my battle with the consultants/regsitrars/docs/whoever I see tomorrow. I am approaching 3 and a half years and not sure how much more I can take, may be visiting Mr W myself after tomorrow. Hope things get better, have my fingers (and toes!) crossed for you! :D
sue30uk
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby owmybum » 19 Aug 2014, 13:28

Hi sue.... Great to see you! Good luck with your appointment... Please come back on and let us know how you are!

I've had a better day today. The sore patch doesn't seem so angry today, and is less painful. Touch wood the antibiotics are starting to clear things up. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
I had a call from a post op nurse today. By my description he didn't know what was going on and said he will speak to a consultant and get back to me.... Surprise surprise, no call ! I will see if I still feel it's getting better tomorrow, if not ill just call again, or go see my gp again.

I just hate to say I think things are getting better, because like all things in fissure land one day is good.... Then wham!
( but today is a good day!)

Thanks for all the well wishes and support, it really helps keep my spirits up :thankyou: :Rock:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Savaici » 19 Aug 2014, 19:35

Crossing fingers, and whatever else can be crossed, for better days from today on OMB. XXXX
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Newmommy28 » 19 Aug 2014, 19:54

Praying for healing, OMB! Thanks for sharing your diary with us!
Newmommy28
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby owmybum » 20 Aug 2014, 12:08

Not such a good day today. Stinging quite a bit with bm. I find doing anything for more than half an hour really makes my butt throb, soo have to lie down after doing everything... Which is just getting so frustrating.
I had a call back from the post op nurse. He said no one could really tell me what was going on without seeing it. He suggested going to A and E to get it looked up if I wasn't up to travelling up there. I'll see how it goes, then maybe go tomorrow.
I have decided not to measure day to day.... Just to see how I am week by week. I know I'm marginally better than I was at the start of the week... And I had a good day yesterday.

Have got another 2 days worth of antibiotics left, lets hope they can help some more.

Thanks for crossing everything Sav....but you know what happens when the wind changes! Lol

Thanks newmommy.... Hoping for healing with you too xx
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Scientist2516 » 20 Aug 2014, 16:37

Sorry to hear you've been going through this, OMB. I hope you get some useful feedback from your doctors soon - it's very frustrating when you can't get through to them.
Wishing you better days!
:smilyhug: :smilyhug: :smilyhug:
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby owmybum » 21 Aug 2014, 02:28

Thanks scientist xx

I scared myself last night. I looked just before I went to bed, and it looked like I had a massive deep fissure with a flap of skin over it. I was gutted. After my bm thismorning I looked again, and it's back to a red raw patch, no visible fissure. I really don't know what to make of it all. It must have been swollen and puffy at the end of the day and I mistook a skin fold for a fissure. I feel emotionally exhausted now. :groan: :sadd:
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Rachael 1984 » 21 Aug 2014, 05:43

:smilyhug: :smilyhug: Sending you hugs my friend.
It might be worth getting someone else to look to put your mind at ease and stop the anxiety building up.
I find if I keep looking back there I make myself more worrisome and I get paranoid I can see Fissures everywhere!
Keep going, it's early days...... :Rock:

Thus calls for us all to have new brains caused by the mental trauma of fissures and surgery! :afsmile: :huggies:
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby suzyljank » 21 Aug 2014, 12:00

Hi, sounds like you're having a bit of a tough time. I'm so sorry. If you're on antibiotics take a probiotic in between doses to help so you don't get diarhhea. It teally helps. Flap surgery takes a good will to recover from. I still have 9 months to go. My CRS told me 8-10 weeks for things to heal but about 2 years for things to settle down. I never looked at my surgical site until a year later. I knew I would freak out. My husband took a few pictures for me and when I finally did look I was glad I didn't look before. Do you have to dilate? I had to start that a week after the surgery. I thought it was crazy but it's really made a difference. Remember as you're healing the stitches can make things a little uncomfortable too, sometimes itchy , this is all normal. I hope you heal up soon and in a no time you can look back at all this as a distant memory. Wishing you all the best Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby owmybum » 22 Aug 2014, 04:02

Thankyou lovely Rachael! Xx

Suzy,
No, I haven't been told to dialate.
I have decided to take your advice and not look again for a while. I'll get my husband to check once in a while.

I'm on the last day of antibiotics today. Things are still very stingy down there. I just have this awful feeling my fissure has re tore under the flap and that's what is causing the soreness. But then again, It was freshened up so maybe it's just taking forever to heal underneath??
I have decided to ask my dr if she can get me into see a local crs just to check. Someone at the A&E dept won't be a bottom expert, so I won't waste my time there. If I can't get in to see one in the next week or so, I will pay to see one privately just to check things. I simply can't take the journey up to London to see mr w at the moment... 3 1/2 hours each way is not something I could physically do right now.
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum