Jax's LIS Diary

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Jax's LIS Diary

Postby jax » 15 Jun 2012, 21:52

Day 8
Nothing exciting to announce. I did finally get the courage to take a look at my butt with a mirror and light. Image
It wasn't too bad. I actually couldn't make out where the incision is, I just know its on my left side. Is it suppose to be easily seen or is it real close to the anus and I have to spread that area well to see it? I then spotted what looks like an external hemorrhoid on the left side closer to the posterior position above the mid line of the posterior and anterior positions. I really hope it's just my left side being swollen. Because that was def not there before the surgery.
Every now and then I get a twinge, sting that lasts only a second from the incision site. I have been feeling it more lately, I am not sure if it's because the area is healing now and the nerves are waking up, or if it's because I lowered my pain med to just 400mg ibuprofen every 8 hours.
jax
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby jax » 13 Aug 2012, 14:55

Day 66
Hi all,
It's been a while since I have posted. That's a good thing :) I've been maintaining a high fiber diet, and drinking plenty of water since my surgery. Although I have been slowly transitioning back to normal life eating, which means I have a beer or two on the weekends. I eat a pretzel or donut in the morning for breakfast. I just make sure that I keep my fiber and water intake up. I also have weened myself down to less than a half cap of Miralax a night.
Well, I am writing because (you guessed it), I noticed a slight amount of blood in my BM today. :( I know I would never be fully free of my fissure but I didn't think it would reappear so quick. My BM was formed and bulky (no more than an inch in diameter) but I wouldn't say it was extremely dry or hard. But I was out all day yesterday. I tried staying as hyrdrated as I could be but it was hot out. So maybe it made my BM today a bit tougher.
Anyways, it didn't hurt but I've been very thorough in my wiping even after the surgery and noticed something slightly red. It was verrrrry light, maybe a pin drop worth. But it's still concerning. I called my CRS's assistant and left a message. I don't know how concerned I should be. They were assuring me that I would not retear it at my follow appt, where everything looked healed. My fissure was never painful to begin with, but it bleed every 3 weeks until LIS. This was the most free 2months that I have felt in the last 14 months, but it was short lived.
Hopefully this didnt negate the whole surgery and can recover from this. Image
jax
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Safsaf » 18 Sep 2014, 07:08

can u pls update?
Safsaf