Hello! Also, help.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello! Also, help.

Postby clare055 » 15 Oct 2014, 08:39

Hi! I'm Clare! I'm happy I found this as this is a helpful site for my condition.

Last May, I took a dump and there is blood. I got scared and went to the family doctor (Physician), he said I had hemorrhoids. So he had a prescription and I got better. Last August, it came back and I got scared so I went to another doctor (GE/Laparoscopic surgeon I think) and she checked it and said she didn't feel any hemorrhoids, but I had anal fissure instead.

The past weeks had been... Weird. I stopped taking laxatives and medications and focused on the fiber supplements (Cylium/I think it's Metamucil here) 3x a day and I had 1 bowel movement per day (Sometimes twice but that's rare) instead of 2-3 days which is surprising to me ahaha. Sometimes I'm constipated, sometimes I'm not. Sometimes I bleed, sometimes I'm not. Sometimes it's really discomforting esp. after going to the bathroom, sometimes it's itchy. So I don't get it. I only bleed when I poop (Usually big but soft stools) and sometimes, but rarely, when I pee (Doctor says my sphincter is moving as well)

I drink water as much as I can, I drink fiber 30 mins. before or after meal. I avoid spicy foods and softdrinks. The doctor said it's my decision to make about the LIS but she doesn't guarantees it.

I'm planning to have another check up in November and planning to have another check up to another doctor. Honestly, I'm getting frustrated sometimes. I'm sorry XD
clare055
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Hello! Also, help.

Postby Alyssa » 17 Oct 2014, 15:14

Clare,

You have come to the right place for help...I think this condition wears people down because it is an up and down battle! I definitely understand your frustration; if you tried all conservative measures and it has not solved the problem then its best to move forward to the next step. Does your doctor offer botox injections?
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby clare055 » 22 Oct 2014, 07:45

I'm so sorry for the late reply.
I've read posts here about botox injections and my doctor didn't mention it, she said the most effective surgery option is LIS. Either the conservative way or the surgery.

Comparing from the last months, my bowel movement is slowly becoming regular. I feel much better than the past months, I dread the blood every time I see it in my poop before. I'm still observing it though.
clare055
Fibre Addict

Postby Alyssa » 22 Oct 2014, 17:11

The issue with this condition is that you will experience good days and bad days...there are some doctors that offer Botox and others don't but Botox can at least give you a non permanent temporary solution to the problem.
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby clare055 » 23 Oct 2014, 07:56

I'm kinda scared to surgery because I've never had a surgery before (I did have in my foot, but its way minor compared to this). My mother had ointments (She had external hemo) but I don't know if I should take it cause I have a different complication from hers.

It's really a challenge to maintain this for only months ahaha Fiber supplements are expensive here (I can't downgrade the fiber prescription cause for some reason it makes me more constipated??? and because of my work lifestyle I can't get enough fiber)
clare055
Fibre Addict

Postby clare055 » 17 Nov 2014, 10:52

So I'm back. It's almost a month and here's some news:

1. I almost get once or twice BMs per day. Sometimes, there is a day or 2 day skip. Because of my shifting schedules in work, BMs also depends when.
2. I reduced my fiber supplement from thrice to twice.
3. My stool is somewhat soft and a little golden brown color (I can't describe the color XD). I got surprised though cause I thought its hard but it flows freely.
4. I still strain a little.
5. Everything went well except last night, there is a little bleeding again (Maybe because I'm not taking enough water again and causing me to get constipated... Again.). I only pat the wet tissue to check if I bleed or not. I'm gonna monitor it again if the bleeding will come back. I poop so soft earlier so there's no bleeding.
6. I wish I have a showerhead installed but no avail. I wash it with water and LITTLE soap.
7. I feel itchy sometimes, even when it's not bleeding. I do not know what this means.
8. I noticed that in the part where I have a fissure, there is few dirt-like things, I don't know if it's a sign of healing etc.

Some inputs would be helpful! Thank you!
clare055
Fibre Addict