My Diary...

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: My Diary...

Postby Fissurefrustration » 15 Nov 2014, 04:22

Oh and I asked for nifedipine and she said its no longer licenced in the UK for primary care!! Apparently only secondary care can px it.
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Fissurefrustration » 18 Nov 2014, 14:31

worse day today - had a massively important meeting and the pain almost stopped me half way through. I've been using my GTN twice daily for 3 days and in all honesty I'm feeling a bit worse than before! I've got a constant sting feeling going on in my fissure throughout the day when before my pain really came post BM *sigh*

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby JHH » 18 Nov 2014, 15:25

Hi there FF.

Why not try LIS?
Two years are a long time trying to heal naturally. Or maybe try botox?

/J
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Fissurefrustration » 08 Dec 2014, 16:18

I want to avoid LIS at all costs, I don't want the risk of incontinence. My life is miserable enough already thanks to this fissure.

anyway a quick update. I've be plodding along at a baseline of pain and I thought things were on an up. I then tried to dilate further than normal and now I've bled. I still can't wrap my head around dilatation is this a good thing!? still in pain.

J

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby suzyljank » 08 Dec 2014, 22:18

LIS has a very good success rate and the chance of incontinence is very low. It's definitely worth a try if you are in lots of pain and keep retearing. Dilation will do you no good if you have a build up of scar tissue because scar tissue doesn't stretch. You'll just keep retearing. Long standing fissures don't have a good success rate of healing on their own. If they don't heal within a few months they become chronic.
I waited a long time after I had LIS to get my flap surgery but if I could do it over again I would have done it a lot sooner. It's your decision but it's sure nice to get your life back. Good luck Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Apes » 09 Dec 2014, 13:13

Fissurefrustration wrote:I want to avoid LIS at all costs, I don't want the risk of incontinence. My life is miserable enough already thanks to this fissure.

anyway a quick update. I've be plodding along at a baseline of pain and I thought things were on an up. I then tried to dilate further than normal and now I've bled. I still can't wrap my head around dilatation is this a good thing!? still in pain.

J

I also wanted to avoid LIS, so I tried Botox. It took another 3-4 months but the botox worked. While the Botox was wearing off I still had a fissure, although symptoms were getting better. My thoughts were that I could always do LIS at a later date if other treatments did not work. Botox works like LIS but wears off and doesn't require cutting. As I have suggested to anyone considering Botox, larger doses get better outcomes. You can read other post I have made in this regard. Good luck.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Fissurefrustration » 29 Dec 2014, 10:17

ok, quick update.

Happy Xmas everyone hope you all had a lovely time.

so I've had no blood now for a month which is great! pain on BMs is minimal. However I get pain throughout the whole day, its like a tugging pain (1/10 most of the time) but I feel it when I stand, sit, twist, move around... anything! It's at 6pm where my fissure was. The only explanations I can come up with is the fissure is only partially healed and is attatched to my sentinel tag which is tugging at it when i move, or the tugging pain is coming from the sentinel tag itself!!

any thoughts? I feel so close to healing but this pain is lingering all day and getting on my nerves more than the intemittent pain of my fissure!

J

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby owmybum » 30 Dec 2014, 07:57

Hopefully it is something that will settle over time. If it is a sentinel pile, it may get better as it shrinks.
If its only 1/10 on a pain scale.... Leave well alone!!!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Fissurefrustration » 30 Dec 2014, 08:03

Hi OMB,

not sure if you saw my post in the general discussion but things have taken a turn for the worse...

"All was Going well, pain was minimal on BM and no blood for a month. Then last night I had intense itching before I went to sleep but didn't scratch. Today went to work with the usual discomfort. Got home and sat over the tub with my shower head aimed at my sphincter, tepid heat on its softest setting. Suddenly dagger pain ripped through my sphincter and I screamed out. Thought it was nothing bad and got some gtn cream if it was a small tear. Put the cream on and felt worse than acid, my whole sphincter on fire. Had to go into the bath which helped. My chronic fissure has always been at 6pm but this pain is 12,3,6 and 9. Had a look but can't visibly see any cuts or tears, the whole area just looks red and angry as usual. Could this be an infection? "

J :sadd:

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Fissurefrustration » 30 Dec 2014, 13:16

today - pain persists constantly throughout the day. no let up. got home to shower off and sphincter slightly stung - applied honey cream which usually was fine and again felt like I was putting acid there. burning intensely! booked another GP appt for jan 17th but last 3 times I was fobbed off with more GTN and told it has to have gone away by now. *sigh*

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration