Fissure for approx 6 weeks

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Fissure for approx 6 weeks

Postby Daisy Mac » 27 Sep 2015, 13:13

Miralax (Restorolax in Canada) works great for me, and doesn't give me diarrhea or even stomach upset at all. I take a full dose before bed, along with one teaspoon of olive oil .I found Metamucil made stools too big, but everyone seems to be different there. Definitely try to get stools soft enough so that you don't feel that tearing sensation with BM. I eat chicken and fish, but always eat some veggies with it. Lots of cucumber, zucchini, etc. Veggies with high water content work best for me. Everything whole grain, limiting white bread and dairy. I personally gave up all dairy, white flour, tomato-based sauces. It took a lot of trial and error for me, but some people seem to get away with eating anything as long as they take stool softeners.
Daisy Mac
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Hafzaal » 27 Sep 2015, 13:20

Thanks for the info. I am in Canada so I'll go look for restorolax today.

I'll agree that Metamucil is making my stool big. Even though they're soft because I drink at least 2L of water everyday, I still feel that tearing sensation which seems to go away within 20 min and may come back randomly for a bit during the day but its after around 5pm everyday that I get symptom free.

Which fibre supplement did you end up taking then? Non-psyllium based? And you were taking both Restorolax and a fibre supplement?
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Daisy Mac » 27 Sep 2015, 13:28

I didn't find one that worked fr me, so I stopped them and just ate fruits and veggies instead. And oatmeal every morning. Whole wheat bread, avocados, hummus , sweet potatoes, mangoes, berries, pears, etc.
Daisy Mac
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Hafzaal » 27 Sep 2015, 13:40

Im guessing you have used Diltiazem since you said it did not gove you headaches? Did you do the full 6 week cycle? How long did it take for you to start feeling a difference?
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Postby Canadabum » 27 Sep 2015, 13:44

Sounds like you have gotten lots of great advice...hope this help you nip this in the bud. Good luck!
Seeing as you and DaisyMac are discussing Redtoralax...just wondering if you or Daisy or perhaps cupcake heard from a doc as to their opinion on long term usage...Daisy, do you take it every day and how long have you been on...any idea how long you intend to be on?
All best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Canadabum » 27 Sep 2015, 13:45

Hafzaal...I used diltiazem for 11/12 weeks. I started to feel better after about two weeks of 3x a day usage. Just rub a pea sized amount outside the anus...no need to get to far up as it is well absorbed.
Canadabum

Postby Hafzaal » 27 Sep 2015, 13:52

Canadabum wrote:Hafzaal...I used diltiazem for 11/12 weeks. I started to feel better after about two weeks of 3x a day usage. Just rub a pea sized amount outside the anus...no need to get to far up as it is well absorbed.

Thanks for your input!

I'm only on my fourth day on dilt so I guess I have to give it more time. I'll see how I feel after 2-3 weeks because I do not want to use it for a long time as im I'm scared of developing a rash too. Did you have any of that since you used it for 11-12 weeks? Did it heal you after?

As far as Restorolax, I think I personally will use it for 2-3 weeks. Dont have much input on that since ive never used them before.

Next step would be the NATCM clinic. They healed me last time but this time I havent gone there yet since I barely have any symptoms.
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Postby Canadabum » 27 Sep 2015, 14:03

I did develop some irritation from Dilt. When I did I would just skip using it for a couple days and instead used a cream I mixed up myself that was a combination of Canesten (anti fungal) and Hydrocortisone (1%...so in the mix the strength dropped to 0.5%). If you find the irritation too much then you should consider switching to niphedipine and or nitroglycerin. I wouldn't get too scared about the rash...it will be plainly obvious to you if you develop one and then you will stop usage and switch.
As far as it healing me...I wish I knew for sure. It certainly helped immensely in the healing process but in and of itself it did not heal me. I was told my fissure had healed about a week or so ago only to experience some blood a day ago...this is a delicate process!!
It should help you a lot...use it in conjunction with good eating habits, warmth by way of heating pad to the area, perhaps increase eating oils for a couple weeks, good potty positioning...all together these were helpful...and lots and lots of time!
What is NATCM...
All best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby Hafzaal » 27 Sep 2015, 14:25

NATCM is a traditional chinese medicine clinic in Toronto. About 3 years ago, I got a fissure which was very painful causing muscle spasms all day. I just came across that clinic while doig my research and gave it a go. My treatment plan was for 3 weeks and I was cured after. The only reason I havent been there yet is because they were expensive. It cost me $3000 for fissure and internal hemmorhoids. Not sure how much it would be for just a fissure.

That's why Im giving dilt 2 weeks and if I dont feel a noticeable difference then I'll just go back there. I just dont want to use these creams for a long period. Same with stool softeners. Don't want my body to be dependant on them after which is why I havent taken any yet or even last time.
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Postby Canadabum » 27 Sep 2015, 14:35

Was NATCM a painful process? I think Hurtinend was doing that in Vancouver and it sounded pretty rough.
Canadabum