Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 08 Jun 2016, 09:17

If lidocaine ever helped you the combo of nifedipine and lidocaine has to be compounded mine says lidocaine 5% nifedipine 0.2% 25 grams apply pea sized amount twice a day , nifedipine does not give headaches, and it is supposed to be as good as NTG in clinical trials overall but frankly it never eased my pain much. I only use it as my CRS insists it healps healing. I only apply externally. It's too painful for me to apply internally and my CRS says it's ok to do that. It always stings a little after I apply though , more than coconut oil. I use coconut oil for relief and the cream because he surgeon said so. Hope this helps and take care.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 08 Jun 2016, 09:26

I only tried the diltazem and that gave me a serious rash and burning...the GTN worked great for spasms but didn't help to heal...ver had lidocaine before never been offered it will make an appointment with my GP see what she says...although she hadn't been great through all this.
Take care
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jun 2016, 04:35

Ok day 4 and feeling a bit sore still no spasms(thank goodness) pain not higher than a 6...but am going to have to admit defeat and have some soup today, really hoping my IBD behaves and I don't end up on the loo for hours
Must admit that I really don't want to risk eating but know I have too at some stage...thankfully I have a good 4 stone in reserve but I know I need food to help me heal.
Do not really want to comment on whether I feel Botox has been a good thing till I have my first BM as I'm not normally in pain till after a BM
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 09 Jun 2016, 06:47

Hi MPB, for the first 3 days I used a lot of lentil soup and some kidney beans made into a soup dish style . It has a lot of soluble fiber specially the lentils. Hope you feel better soon. I will post again later with my updates. Waiting on my BM too :)
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jun 2016, 07:03

I can't have lentils my IBD isn't good with soluble fibre...if only we could all find a happy medium of nice normal poop lol...
Went for a walk up to the corner shop only ten mins but I felt quite sore after certainly couldn't have walked longer than that.
Getting very nervous now about my first BM how are we meant to try and stay relaxed about something that has caused us so much agony and trauma
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 09 Jun 2016, 07:42

I hear you loud and clear . I just had my bm and well it's rough but still better than pre Botox. Still no spasms. Forgot my miralax last night - just fell asleep after clearing the table ( how could I ?) so I knew today was tricky. Well, I don't exactly know how to find that peace, for me Everytime I start to pity myself , I try tell myself there are soooo many worse of in this world. It's not a good thing but it helps me appreciate the little things a little more and makes me try to play down the pain and suffering. And I keep telling myself it will end someday. Maybe in a year ? Maybe two? But it will be end .
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jun 2016, 10:30

Oh no, you must have been shattered. But on the plus point at least there was no spasm even though you forgot the miralax.
I have just succumb to a slice of fruit toast and a cup of oxo...panic is now setting in...my lovely teenage daughter said...don't panic or you will end up having a panic poop, be calm and have a pretty poop...oh how I long for a pretty poop.
If I can get through the first poop without a spasm I know I will feel better...it's quite bad when you sit there thinking I don't mind the stinging burning aching...just please spare me the spasms.
Don't forget the miralax tonight...write it on your hand lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jun 2016, 11:23

Why why why did I decide to eat...and how in the world can it get through all that intestine so blooming quickly....
Am now in bath hoping and praying that this doesn't turn into 15 trips to the loo and that the spasms don't start
1 cup of very week broth and 1 slice of dry toast...how is it even possible...cries and cries
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 09 Jun 2016, 12:28

You had to eat! You had to . There was no choice. We need the nutrition to heal. Do not feel bad about eating or crying. We have to cry the pain is so that it would not be human to not cry. The only thing I say is don't lose hope. Keep holding on. You have friends all over the world rooting for you. Stay strong in these rough moments . We will see it through .
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jun 2016, 13:16

Thanx so much HTD it means a lot
Is just so wearying and draining
I just wish I could know for certain what I could eat but then I guess if I did I wouldn't even have these horrid fissures anyway
Doesn't help that emotions play a part in how often I go. Don't know how to be calm when I know the pain that can come...trying to just breathe and go with the flow
Trying to stay positive no spasm yet and I have taken a loperamide so here's hoping not too many trips to loo tonight
It's so strange that we have the same thing from such totally different reasons
Mypoorbutt