My 11 year anal fissure

Would love to hear from others going through the same thing xx

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My 11 year anal fissure

Postby thedude » 02 Jun 2016, 09:26

Katie,

I think it just depends on what the Doctor see's.

I've had a fissure for approximately 6 months. Spent 2-3 months on diltiazem after I finally saw a CRS. I also had the misfortune of developing an abscess and fistula as well in the last month. Originally my doctor said he would do botox and fix the abscess / fistula and clean up the fissure, but after surgery was over he said he didn't do botox because my fissure had started to bury under some of the muscle so he clipped a small part of the muscle kind of like LIS but not as much. He said because of that I don't need the botox. So in all honesty, it just depends on what your Doctor sees.

But don't worry about it. I was stressing out over it and honestly, it's no big deal. Barely any pain if there is any at all.
thedude
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Katie » 02 Jun 2016, 11:05

Just back from the hospital and they told me to carry on with the cream but they are going to book me in for the bottox :( x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Katie » 02 Jun 2016, 14:46

Had hospital today and they are booking me in for bottox what it's like for the people that have had it and does it work? Thankyou X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 12 Jun 2016, 09:51

Wanted to up date I'm in the uk and we have a shop here called Holland and Barrett which is a natural health shop I bought these little fruit and fibre cubes which you eat half before bed and then drink a glass of water and it helps your toilet to be soft so far I have had no pain for 7 days as it's keeping me soft there for im not splitting and have great pain !! It's fab and natural and I'm not pumping my body with medicine X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissurefrustration » 27 Jun 2016, 04:49

so glad to hear it Katie,

I will pop into H&B in town this weekend and hunt them down!! what are they called?

Ff x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Katie » 01 Jul 2016, 16:44

Defective health fruit and fibre they are fig I'm in a good place at the min not pain still :) x the two shops near me had run out so I had to order them on line they are about £6ish for 12 of them but they do them in packs of 24 so far these are a life saver for me X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 06 Oct 2016, 13:01

Hi everyone so the cream did not work and the bottox did not work my doctor sent the hospital a letter to tell them I'm not in a good place! And I get a phone call today saying I'm having a pre op done tomorrow and having the op Monday! !!!!!! Omg I'm in shock it's happened so fast!! I'm scared if anyone can get me some advice that would be great they will not tell me any info till tomorrow x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 06 Oct 2016, 13:49

It's really great you have managed to get your op so fast, I would read some of the posts on here about LIS as they are really informative.
Wish I could offer advice but I'm waiting for LIS myself, I have been waiting since august last year but my GP is absolutely useless.
I'm sure in a few months time this will all be behind you and you will be pain free
Fingers crossed
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Happyending » 06 Oct 2016, 17:11

I had LIS two weeks ago and the fissure pain basically stopped immediately. Of course there is healing to do, so sometimes there is surgery pain, but that also has not been bad in my case. I have been doing Sitz baths religiously. Initially 5/day, now down to 2/day. That helps with the healing. Congratulations you opted for LIS. By the way, I also tried all the creams first, diet, acupuncture, you name it. Then Botox, twice, then I just wanted a permanent solution. I am glad I did it. After Monday your life will improve!
Happyending
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 11 Oct 2016, 19:11

Hello Katie I hope you are better dear. Today must have been day 1 after surgery.
Take care and hope healing completes soon.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP