Fissure healing?

Roller coaster coming to a complete stop?

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissure healing?

Postby Mypoorbutt » 19 Jun 2016, 15:08

Oh right lol I always have gas and air...turns me into a giggling mess...have decided to phone tomorrow and postpone it a few weeks.
How are you getting on today, hope there has been some improvement. I have been using a cream called hypercal which is meant to help heal cuts and ulcers it certainly soothes the burning.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Sufferingbadly » 19 Jun 2016, 15:23

Oh today I am a complete mess! I'm at work and the pain and throbbing is there. Hot and cold both are not helping today. I want to just lay down in the bath and see if that helps. Every time I have a bm, there is blood. I feel it trying to heal but my bm rip it open again. I've tried looking for it but I can't see it. I was crying all morning because I'm afraid I'll have to miss my family camping trip and also a work outing to 'six flags magic mountain.' Also my daughter has really bad eczema and she wouldn't stop scratching and crying this morning. She was bleeding everywhere. It's exhausting. Sorry I'm venting. Thanks for following my thread and talking with me. Without you all I'd lose my mind.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Mypoorbutt » 19 Jun 2016, 15:56

Oh no you poor thing, we have all been there and had days where the fissure has consumed and ruined our life. I remember when the spasms were bad having 6 - 8 hot baths including through the night as it was the only thing that gave me a sense of relief....the soul destroying horror of sitting in a bath a 3am knowing the second you get out the spasms will start will stay with me forever.
You never know these fissures are strange things it may let up for your holiday and outing, maybe for the outing you could have a day of just liquids then at least you won't have a BM.
Oh goodness that sounds awful my daughter had eczema when she was little and it's awful as you don't know how to help them. I gave mine some cell salts they seemed to help a bit but I forget which ones they were.
Hey we all need to vent or we would go completely insane as it's not normal to live in this amount of pain.
Sending virtual hugs
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 22 Jun 2016, 22:00

Dear SB,
Sorry to hear about your rough rough day. I do hope the next day will be better. I like you have cancelled many a trip and weekend getaways. Have one long planed vacation out of the country coming up but may decide to cancel and pay the price, don't feel guilty about it as the family will have a worse time if you go and are in pain.
Priority is to bring your pain down . And also the anxiety that comes with it. Have you tried a water jet to the affected area? What about a hot water bottle ?
When the anxiety hits - the deep breaths and a yoga called "shavasana" help me relax. Someone had a good post about imagery and I am trying that unsuccessfully but see if that helps you.
About the eczema not much experience a if your daughter is little I have heard that some goods can cause it- have you noticed any relation?
Hang in there a better day will come
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Sufferingbadly » 23 Jun 2016, 01:02

MPB and HTD,

Thank you so much for your kind replies.

I had quite a rough time the other day. I upped my miralax dosage for now. I finally had a painless bm. I've been applying Vaseline before going to the bathroom and then cleaning with 100% witch hazel and applying a small amount of Vaseline afterwards. Today I was experiencing a tremendous amount of itching. I made one of my coconut oil suppositories and used it. Took the itching away almost instantly. When I take a shower, I have been using the shower head to make sure the area is cleaned well,and the witch hazel I'm hoping did the disinfecting. Anyway, all in all, I'm hoping that this is the road to recovery and that I won't experience this again...(one can only hope) lol.... I know it will take time, but today I am encouraged to remain positive. Each day I have a painless bm is a very happy day. It sucks how much pain can take over your life, and so quickly. You can be fine and then have that one bm that tears you and you go from 0-10 pain level, just. Like. That.! Day ruined. Well that was me the other day.

I would jut like to add that I changed my daughters diaper today and as I'm wiping her bum, she decided to start going poop and omg, it one thing to change a poopie diaper. It's another thing to be catching the brown snake just shooting out of her rear! I'm lucky i had a wipe in my hand. Phew!
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 23 Jun 2016, 01:15

Hi SB glad your having a better time,
Oh yes a painless BM can totally change your mood for the rest of the day, I never get much pain with mine it always comes on after the event usually about 20 mins. I have just got a new cream with witch hazel in it so will see how that goes. I'm glad the coconut oil works well for you doesn't seem to do much for me but I use it as it helps to keep the skin supple lol.
It so hard not knowing what will happen to us after doing what others do so normally naturally and pain free. To have our life and our families life dictated to by what is essentially just a cut is soooo very annoying. I mean if it was in any other area we wouldn't even notice it, I know why that place needs nerves and muscles but did it really need so blooming many that a little cut sends it into complete agony and spasms lol.
Well I guess you are getting to experience first hand how most people poop with no effort or pain whenever they feel like it hehehe...be thankful for the wipes lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 23 Jun 2016, 18:40

Yay. Glad you are better. Take care and keep smiling. Hoping too that you will stay pain free and enjoy your little one.
Best wishes
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Sufferingbadly » 16 Aug 2016, 14:39

Back AGAIN!! :p ... I got the stomach flu and had loose stool for 2 weeks. By the time I was recovered, I got extremely constipated!!! Like compacted and couldn't go at all!! I did two enemas and a suppository laxative. It helped and I finally went to the bathroom. I was sore the next day but I wasn't in any pain. The next day, I was constipated AGAIN! This time I was able to go but I had to push with alittle effort. This time I felt it "rip" me A little. I know not to push, but I had to!! It must have been a small rip cos it didn't bother me much. Then 2 days ago, I had the beginning of a hard stool and that sent my "rip" over the edge. Yesterday I had the throbbing and soreness. Today the pain when defecating was present. The throbbing and soreness when standing or sitting is present. I don't feel depressed. I feel like I can hea it quickly, so now I'm just praying that I really will be able to heal this again. Ugh, I somehow believed that this wouldn't happen to me anymore. Boy was I wrong! I'm back on miralax. Hoping this will heal soon. Just needed to come on here and vent a little bit.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 19 Aug 2016, 06:43

Hello friend , I am exactly in the same spot. Had 3 weeks of near normalcy and then travel, dehydration and poor access to right foods caused me some setbacks. Planning like you to take things with equanimity and hoping today is a better day and since attitude is Big part of this fissure strategy - we will have better days .
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Sufferingbadly » 12 Sep 2016, 16:14

Update

I haven't taken miralax for a couple weeks now. My stomach has been on the fritz so I laid off the miralax and so far with a good diet, I've been ok. (I put a spoon full of coconut oil in my coffee every morning). Unfortunately I have found that every time I have vaginal intercoarse, I get a horrible flare of hemorrhoids and it lasts for a few days and it's horrible! Tons and tons of itching and burning along with bleeding. I used my coconut oil suppositories and it helped a lot with the internal itching. For the outer itching and burning, I used tucks pads (witch hazel ) and those work great!!! My poor husband. I'm finally healed and will try again, but if I keep getting these horrible flare ups, I don't know what to do! Ice does help but I'm trying to find a medium since I don't know how my fissures are doing. Seems healed to me though. Oh also, when my hemorrhoids flare up, I can't work out and it sucks :( but that's all for now. Just wanted to post the update.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist