My Food/Constipation Diary

Nailing my digestion issues.

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

My Food/Constipation Diary

Postby Ponder » 16 Sep 2016, 15:56

I have a colonoscopy on the 20th of this month. Four days away. I have absolutely no faith in the medical system so not relying on it to help whats so ever. My fissures are not going to heal whilst the cause is left to go untreated.

I've got digestion issues related to no galled bladder and have a high level of acidity in my body. I stress out easily and my ass is cramped up most of the time. Bleeding comes and goes, however I am in pain most of the time. I've been in this forum before ... sadly I am not one of those who went away because I got better ... I just had no energy to keep writing because of the constant bouts of pain.

Screw all the chemicals and medicines. Useless for me ... tried them and did not work.

Sadly our food supply is pretty much poisoned as well.

My plan is to see how clean I can keep things coming out the other side of this colonoscopy. I don't need others to tell me what is or is not ... I'll let this dairy tell me what is, or what is not.
Time to give my ass a break once and for all!

I hope have the energy and motivation to keep recording.
DAY ONE:
... in progress ... I'm off for a walk.
Ponder
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: My Food/Constipation Diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Sep 2016, 16:57

Hi ponder,
Really good luck with your food diary hope it helps you. I guess the bowel prep will clear you out and I really hope you find something that works for you as living in pain day after day month after month slowly changes who we are.
Take care and enjoy your walk
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Ponder » 16 Sep 2016, 23:03

Hi - That's about all I am counting from the colonoscopy.

Yes, unending pain can change a person over time. The more gradual, the less suspecting we become and the more we tend to live in denial. Thankfully an anal fissure is not like that. I've lost well over 30kg now and changed my lifestyle to suit.

I truly believe most of the issue is with our modern way of living combined with a system that's driven to only dresses symptoms; nothing else. Addictions, Addictions and more Addictions.

I've tackled this issue a few times now. Time to get serious about my digestion issues. I've got a lot of serious testing to do on myself. I've put off water fasting until the colonoscopy is over. I'll prep with soft foods much the same way I went in and then down to juicing. I'll have to detox from the poisonous drugs that put me under.

Before that I have been eating clean for the most part ... however not choices well suited to my failing digestion. Once again - for me it's not just about ridding myself of the fissures. The only way that is ever going to happen is if I nail the cause. The doctors are not going to do that and that's a hard core fact. My wife's kidney stones where left in because they figure she can suffer some more yet as too last time I was told I had polyps, but nothing to worry; not just yet. You get my drift.

No sire re ... this is something we have to do ourselves. Lest your made of money and even then ... it's doubtful given the current state of things.
Ponder
Salt Bather

Postby Ponder » 16 Sep 2016, 23:29

NOTE* FIBER IS NOT A GOOD THONG FOR ME! (more so how dry and what type it is - the type of fiber - Metamucil does not work on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I prefer to eat real food and get it right with that)

This is where the doctors give up on me. I don't have the bile (no gall bladder) and my liver is overworked due to that fact - EVEN WHEN EATING CLEAN!!! Now here is the real kicker ... instead of getting constipation where it's said of undigested fat, I get constipated ... too much fiber & I get constipated! I am sick of hearing about all you need is more Fiber ... for me that is BS ... I eat LOADS of veggies ... SCREW the Dairy and the Meat!!!!! WARNING ... don't tell your doctors that though ... they'll just fob you off. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Water Water Water ... I know + lots of soft watery fruits. Yadda Yadda ... When it comes to nutrition, not even the dietitian (lol @ all the food triangles - ha ha Joke Joke indeed such is a joke) know what they are talking about or even care to take in my entire history. I don't have the $$$ to pay them for that and they in turn are just welfare professionals complacent in an overwhelming system ... bla bla and yadda yadda.

What complicates the food issue is working out my toxic body type ... I've done water fasting before and found the reentry an excellent phase to work out different types of foods. Doctors all warn me against water fasting and give me no support ... but like I said ... No more doctors!!!
Last time around on the reentry phase I did not consider my constipation issues. I worked out a lot with my skin reactions ... that was good.
So the plan this time is to consider hydration levels of my foods - more so to rely more on hydration through food rather than leaching myself of nutrients with over consumption of plain water which is an issue if your not eating much to avoid constipation. Nutritional density can be an issue with dry foods and to be sure I seem to suffer badly with such choices. I guess I can work them in, but not until I once again go through the reentry phase after a good water fast.
A solid food vacation is the term that comes to mind. Can be achieved with juicing and not just water fasting. The water fasting is to heal deeply but only if I can go long enough this time. Last time I did 3 days ... then I later made another attempt of 6 days. I've got a good idea of how to prep and how to come out ... how to assist with detox and rar rar rar (more scare mongering to stop people from doing unassisted attempts yadda yadda - big business but still a factor with keeping things real)
It was the last 6 day water fast that really got me eating clean ... it's more a case my body having missing parts and a complex history that makes my physiology back to front when it comes to following your average prescription; both on or offline.
Well - that's enough babbling for now. Time for another walk. I've got some withdrawing to do.
Ponder
Salt Bather

Postby Ponder » 17 Sep 2016, 14:26

DAY ONE:

17-09-2016 Sat

Lots of Water

Home Made Cold Press Apple & Pear Juice

Pure Peppermint Tea with a tiny bit of Raw Honey

Water Mellon thinly slice with the seeds picked out and
carefully eaten to spit left over seeds out.

Strained Vegetable soup with Steamed Skinless Sweet Potato and Butternut Pumpkin
(skin off of both)

MORE WATER
!!!!

Drank the rest of Clear Strained
Soup

I had more Skinless Butternut Pumpkin and Sweet Potato. (This time with whole egg mayonnaise [not too happy about having egg but hit the spot quite well)

Two more cups of Herbal Tea (chamomile) I had some Organic Raw Coconut Oil in one of those cups. Unlike organic veggies ... for now I could at least afford that.

More Water
in-between.

Well done - Other than the egg mayo I had NO processed foods, no sugar - I did however have a few grains of Celtic salt (in two minds about that ... have pretty much given up salt) ... no cancerous fats and all the other toxic additives that are recommended in the colonoscopy prep. *&^% having to stay in hospital with the list of foods they give. EEEK! No wonder we are having our innards ripped out and suffering in forums like this.

How did I feel on day one? Like day one on a water fast ... but despite struggling to sleep early on, I slept like a baby. My ass did itch despite having a good clean in the shower prior to bed but settled eventually.

I am starting today off with half a fresh lemon squeezed into about 500ml of filtered water and then off for my hour long walk.

I'm keen to remain vigilant with my food and keep the FIBER intake LOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I REPEAT... excess fiber is a major problem for me and like all the other advice often given ... has the reverse effect on me. My issue is with an inability to digest and since the doctors will not listen, I am simply going to have to get *&^%ing real and start treating myself.
No more skins on my veggies (double toxic at any rate ... NO we are not all blessed to buy organic - Sigh)
Think I will transition into broths ... I note some creamy soups where constipating me not long back ... will keep a watch on that. I like soup so hope that does not continue.

Hmmmmm ... definitely going to use my cold press to make more juice and lead myself into another water fast.
The colonoscopy prep is much much more than a prep:

I'm now on day two of my Water Fast Prep and digestion reclamation. Time for a solid food vacation!!!!!!!!!! :thanx: WooHoooooo lol ... I have a good feeling about day two ... I may even sleep on the night of day 3 yet. ;)
Ponder
Salt Bather

Postby Ponder » 17 Sep 2016, 15:15

NOTE* Red Rash upper on right side upper cheek and either side of nose. (among other places)

The cheek = Stomach
Sides of Nose = Digestion

Doctors = Useless!!!

Food is medicine ... you can do this ;)

continue notes on rashes and itchy skin ... Investigate butterfly rash [liver rash?] on the face ( I also have rash under my eye brows)
Ponder
Salt Bather

Postby Ponder » 18 Sep 2016, 02:42

DAY TWO:

10-09-2016 Sun

Lemon Water (Half a fresh lemon squeezed into approx 500ml of filtered water)

Cold Press Apple & Pear Juice (skinless) also strained after pressing

Water Water and more Water

Then Herbal Tea with honey and Organic Raw Coconut Oil

Packet of soup – (weakening) [Strained]

Packet of soup with steamed Pumpkin and Sweet potato (No Skin)

Water Mellon (seeds picked out)

Herbal Tea with Honey

Steamed Sweet potato with Packet of Soup.

Herbal Tea with Honey

Water in between
Ponder
Salt Bather

Postby Ponder » 20 Sep 2016, 15:26

Here - I will put things into perspective for those that find my frustration too distasteful for their tolerance levels:

I will attempt to sift through my anxiety attack in a less disturbing manner.

Other than the fact that the colon cleanse aggravated my annual fissure like there was tomorrow, the frustration of being misunderstood within the confines of yet another institutional building had lowered my tolerance to that of the all invasive brainwashing trigger so typically hung from the wall.

I realize those that mattered (regarding my situation/space) where just doing their jobs and trying to help. This is why I was not aggressively acting out but more so pacing the floor and subconsciously climbing the walls. In all the years of my recovery I knew I had come too far to give reason for security to be called. Thankfully the nurse picked up on my extreme discomfort and chose not to turn on the brainwashing machine.

From this point it was really hard to calm myself down. Eye contact was extremely hard and my heart was still pounding when having to go over the induction. I made my mark with a lightening X scribble to which then comes the usual “surprised looked” For whatever reason, I have built up some kind of cognitive issue with my signature. It’s like both a protest of disgust to a system that I no longer trust that’s become a serious mind F**k that I have to fight real hard to move my hand at all; let alone move it in some kind of recognized way that reflects whoever it is I am suppose to be. I always end up with something that looks like an X.

It’s hard when people say things like “don’t you even know that dates of birth of your children or your wife” or “no matter, I’m sure you make do in life” SIGH … I try to explain that it’s more an issue for others than it is for me. I am happy to take my time and look up the details from my phone and then proceed to give the information. This is when people tend to loose patience and make some kind of undermining comment. I smile now to think – How I tell them that I also left my hearing aids at home.

Man … what a trip that hospital was. You know something … they even took my weight loss as some kind of sign that I was sick. (shakes head) … They fail to understand that I chose to lose that weight, and did so over a long period of time - adding to that - I also did it in a healthy way. I gave their medications the flick and stopped eating the junk and processed foods. As a result I found myself moving and the weight naturally coming off. The fact that I have since found a desire to no longer be addicted to the drugs and food, is as challenging for them as my struggles to communicate that bests suits them. Again ... more an issue for them than I care it to be for me. However the indignation that comes from such assumptions and the complacent way in which they speak only adds to ones sickness. "Oh don't be so paranoid David." smiles.

I smile again to think that after being questioned re my weight loss (my health reclamation) that when they asked me if I suffered with high blood pressure, sleep apnea, esophagitis, diabetes and so on; I replied - “Not since arresting my obesity and losing all that weight.” Sigh ...

Anywayyyyys … Yes … I still struggle cognitive wise. I do so very much when in certain environments that question and imprint the way they do. My physiology is broken despite best efforts to recondition as I have done well to do. I really abused myself in my younger days but that’s another story in itself – having body parts removed such as my gall bladder has pretty much wreaked havoc on my digestive system. I am beyond attempting to make sense and or add blame to either party with regard to that. What is done is done. I have however researched the hell out of it once more in terms of finding a solution. All I can say is that this is the last time I am having a procedure if I have any say to it. I just got to keep making the best choices available within my means.

Trying to discuss the benefits of a whole foods plant based diet with the intent to make it lifestyle was met with great resistance with both the hospital and my doctor. You should have seen the look on their faces when I explained the process of cleansing and water fasting. It’s completely alien to them … in fact, if you talk too long about it, they will attempt to set you up with a dietitian. Chuckles at that very thought.

OK … wraps this post up now. I think I did well to unload the rest of that. Time to go for my walk and think a little about the prepping stage for the title of this thread:

Water Fasting to Alleviate my Social Phobia
Ponder
Salt Bather

Postby Ponder » 21 Sep 2016, 06:00

Vlog Update: In this update I consolidate my intention to water fast for however long I feel is safe enough. I don’t recommend doing this to lose weight. I also suggest that you research and practice a few times before embarking on water fasting. I’ve had a few goes and doing this to help heal my busted digestive system. There is plenty of information regarding the benefits as well as the do’s & don’ts.

First I show a pic of where I have come from. This is me about 2 years ago with my little grandson who’s grown somewhat since. My weight loss efforts have taken me time with no quick fixes. In fact, it was the quick fixes that I first gave up in order to reclaim my health. Below I had been on antidepressants for a few years and antipsychotics for about 18 months. In the beginning there was a honey moon period, however I did a full circle and ended up much worse in the end. My memory has worsened and I was on track for a heart tack any time soon. I don’t want to harp on about how sick I was … I will leave that for another time as for now, I just want to keep moving forward:

Just before I cut back on my meds:

Below - Off the meds and as of 21/09/2016:
Waterfast prep
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwKl-J-Q ... e=youtu.be [/youtube]

Like I said before, I still struggle with communication and not as happy as many "success" stories seem to imply when regaining ones health. It's not that simple ... at least not for complex cases struggling to live in a world as corrupt and toxic as this one be. Alas ... I can tell you the reduction in physical pain and boost in vitality does indeed make breathing much easier. Whilst not quite a representation of perfection after a long haul, anyone can make the decision to stop killing themselves with whatever addiction one self medicates with and find reason to keep breathing.
Ponder
Salt Bather

Postby Ponder » 21 Sep 2016, 14:50

Just keep taking the next step I guess. Coming the distance is one thing, but to keep going is another. Currently I am not in my inspirational mode due to the cutting back on my nutritional intake re my latest procedure. This has affected my mojo. Thankfully I am in the process of correcting that where this morning I am feeling much better and once more starting to incorporate some green juices back into my diet. Next step is to start going back to the gym more regularly, however I really struggle being around others like so. BUT - keeping focused on my goals helps to keep me from feeding back on those negative thoughts that typically derail me.

Healthy Body / Healthy Mind ... whilst yes that makes sense, it's really not that simple for me. Other people can still make the process of socializing quite difficult even when we are content with where we are at. Add to that the residual effect of being bound up so long in our sickly condition of both body and mind. I think the mind takes much longer to catch up once we figure we have control of our body. This is why learning to relax is as crucial.
Ponder
Salt Bather