Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 30 Oct 2016, 21:53

Oh no good days and bad days continue to yo yo for you. Like me. I am sorry it was rough with so many BM- seems very very unpredictable. I am glad you had the pre op sounds like weeks away is not too bad from months away. Stay calm and stay strong, I know this is beyond a reasonable time of suffering . Hang in there friend
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 31 Oct 2016, 02:08

Yes it's not fun when you have a run of bad days, just not sure how this will ever get better if my colon can't behave for more than 10 days if I'm lucky lol. Back to not eating at all for a few days now as it's been 3 days of constantly being on the toilet. Here's hoping the op happens soon
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 06 Nov 2016, 22:41

How are you now dear friend ? Hope pain is a little better?
Good luck with surgery whenever that is. Hopefully it's in November
No eating is not good. Are you continuing to exercise? That must be difficult with few calories in. I hope you are taking some multivitamins? I think I mentioned it but I talks Vit c and e on and off
Hope you improve sooon!
Hang in there my dear
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Nov 2016, 04:18

Hi hun, hope your well.
The surgery is tomorrow afternoon...i will of course be writing a diary lol as it truly helps to keep me sane. No i had to stop the gym as i was feeling very lightheaded. I wish i could take vitamins but they go straight through me. I do take homeopathic remedies though as these are absorbed before they reach the gut and they def help me.
I have had nearly a week of practically no pain and was thinking have i made the right decision about the op....but then i had sex last night and the blooming thing started again so its obviously still very much there...so everything crossed that the op works and im not in pain for too long. Not going to eat for a few days was planning on 10 but depending on the pain might just do 5 lol
Thanx hun x
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 07 Nov 2016, 19:39

Wow the much awaited surgery day arrives ! Wish you the very best. Everything will be fine! And yes it is the right decision.
Thoughts and prayers with you
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 09 Nov 2016, 22:58

Hope all is well take care
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 10 Nov 2016, 03:11

Hi HTD,
Thanx for your wishes, I'm doing ok better than after the Botox. Obviously am in a bit of pain but with painkillers it's down to a 4. The op went well, I have started a LIS diary but have put it in the LIS section...probably need to move it here...if I knew how lol. Will be updating that at least daily till I feel I'm improving as it helps to keep me sane....May also read some of the first days of this post to compare
Mypoorbutt

Postby Katie » 12 Nov 2016, 17:29

I had my fissurotomy and bottox 5 weeks ago Monday and it's been the worse 5 weeks of my live the pain is unreal and was on morphine then I got a big blood clot that developed then an infection that did not go so was on strong anti-biotics then the movercol started to get to strong for me and I could not stop going to the toliet but the antibiotics made my bm harder and I have reteared!!! And then the feeling low set in I'm back to work as staying at home was driving me crazy! But still going to the toliet is like hell I have gone down on my movacol and how trying coconut oil to help heal I next see the surgeon on the 6th Dec! !! Well I ever get better :( x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Nov 2016, 19:03

Hi Katie,
Gosh that sounds really awful....yes you will get better....I'm assumming your on the NHS?
When you next see your surgeon you need to tell him that the Botox hasn't worked at all, I was still getting burning at 5 weeks but no spasms even after multiple trips to the toilet (7)
so if you are still getting spasms then it hadn't worked plainly.
I don't know if he will insist on trying a second Botox or offer you the LIS straight away, but please don't let him make you wait the 3 months they may want you too until the Botox is out of your system, my CRS said if it hadn't worked by 6 weeks they can re do it without the fissurotomy....I didn't need that as the first go worked.
I guess how far you want to take this depends on your pain levels I paid to see my CRS privately for a consult as he is amazing but then went onto his NHS list as I really don't have that amount of money. There are lots of options for you...some people have 3 goes at Botox....some people need 2 LIS and I know a girl on my crohns forum who had a colostomy so her 3 very bad fissures could heal.
It must be terrible to have something that was meant to help you make no difference but we have to keep trying, you will get better xx
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 12 Nov 2016, 20:57

That's good MPB. Take it slow. Glad the surgery went well.
I am happy to hear you are feeling reasonably good and prearwd to take on the next few weeks.
Keep smiling :)
Will try to find your other diary
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP