Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Sep 2016, 03:32

I think this maybe me for life as my colon has never been good even as a child...was chatting to a friend and was reminded that before the fissure I was often going to the toilet 15/30 times a day at weekends (mainly due to the fact that I would eat what I wanted) and 4/10 times a day during the week. Now because I am so very scared of the fissure pain I only have a bad day once a week so in reality I have improved my IBS an immense amount and may just have to accept the bad day will always happen.
I'm phoning again tomorrow as they said my letter had been posted last week but still haven't received it I could really do with having my LIS before December. As I can really tell the difference now the Botox has worn off.
Big hugs back Hun x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 19 Sep 2016, 23:07

Aarrrgggh! Wish they would just let you see the CRS. Yes do phone again and have them mail you another one. Seems quite a challenge to get your appointment made - I wish you progress on that today besides having no loose BMs and a pain free day!
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Sep 2016, 02:27

I know I phoned and asked if I could just go straight on the op list as opposed to having to see the surgeon as a check up and then go on the list, she said she will see and will call me back later this week...oh the joys of the NHS lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 24 Sep 2016, 01:35

Well I had a bad night after 6 very good days...went 3 times one was ok the other two must have been a Bristol 2 was in significant pain and more worryingly could feel the begining of a spasm so had to take two co codamol to knock me out which I hate doing as I end up feeling hung over now and I have 8 hours at uni today.
I really just want the LIS now, Botox was great and I appreciated the break from the pain but that's all it was ever going to be and if I don't have my LIS soon I'm worried I may undo any healing that happened.
Oh to go back to a life pre fissure....on a happier note went to see Bridget jones baby the other day and it is really hilarious
Fingers crossed I don't go to the toilet whilst at uni
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 26 Sep 2016, 18:45

Hello dear,
It's so difficult not to be able to reach the doctor for an appointment. Is it possible to just stop by there so you can schedule ur visit? I guess the Botox helped but LIS will help even more. I don't know what codamol ? Hopefully you made it through 8 hours at UNI, I am sorry it's been rough. I can only promise you the pre fissure life will be back. I don't know when. Hang in there friend!
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 27 Sep 2016, 08:33

I hate the NHS with a passion, I cannot get my assessment appointment until November then looking at another 3/6 months for LIS. This is so unfair I do not have £2000 for the surgery and my hubby doesn't want me to take out a loan....it's so annoying, especially as the pain is starting to return now was really bad Saturday night. I even had to start sitz baths again. Ggggrrrrr feeling frustrated. Care should not come down to the amount of money you have.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 29 Sep 2016, 15:17

Ok after having quite a few bad days probably caused by the stress of being told I will be in this pain for at least another 6 months I managed to get a cancellation appointment and am going to see my CRS in just over two weeks...now this blooming fissure better have healed enough to do LIS....although personally I don't see why I can't have it anyway as I am aware of the risk and am more than happy to take a risk of incontinence hand in hand with the chance of being pain free...another bad night been to the toilet twice in ten mins Bristol 4/5 stinging burning slight spasm...yes thank you I will take the risk surely that should be my choice.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 01 Oct 2016, 19:31

No you will not be in pain for the next 6 months. I have never had incontinence with my two LIS and I agree the risk is minimal. You are a brave and awesome person. I agree it's not fair and though I don't know the system have started to detest the NHS waits you are having to go through. Two weeks is not so far away over before you know it. I am sorry it's been rough . You just will get through this. Remember you had some good days inbetween - go back and remember what you ate then. You cannot let the stress get to you as it makes you feel worse. I send you a warm bear hug dear friend - wish I were there to tell you it's going to be ok in person. Keep on believing. Don't let the NHS wait get you down you can heal yourself and you will. I will help you.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Oct 2016, 04:41

Had another bad night think my IBD has got used to the level of medication I'm on really don't want to up it but think I might have too. I'm not at all concerned about the risk of incontinence.....just want to be pain free, only the docs don't see it like that.
I'm so happy and grateful my appointment got brought forward but it should have been the 2nd week of September and I have not had one check up since my Botox the first week of June and that can't be good.
I do believe I will get better than I am now just the waiting seems so very long it's just very frustrating. I have now joined private health care but they won't pay for existing conditions
Thanx for your help HTD it really foes mean a lot
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 03 Oct 2016, 22:14

Wow! Can't believe an anal fissure is now a "pre existing " condition. Whatever happened to the philosophy of " a fissure is healed in 6 to 9 weeks". I guess the insurance companies are too smart for that.
Yes we both had Botox around the same time and I have had 3 check ups which seems like an excessive indulgence now compared to your wait. Does not sound fair - but I guess life isn't fair.
Chin up and hold on. No the IBD will settle down. I have seen you go through spells of bad days and then things quiet down. I believe believe believe the good days will come soon. Have your read through your food diary? What have you changed? Can u put on your detective thinking cap once more?
What are the triggers?
Hugs again
Take care
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP