Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Sep 2016, 10:36

Yes I can tell my sphincter is def back to pre Botox but the spasms haven't returned so that's great. Had a BM today Bristol 3/4 only discomfort not pain. I don't do my yoga everyday normally 30 mins 3x a week.
I have had 2 weeks off from the gym as super busy at work with everyone on holiday but will be going back on Monday. I must admit I couldn't have done it when I had spasms but this kind of pain is "normal" pain and will be with me whether I'm sat at home or actually doing something I enjoy.
Me and my daughter are going to start training to climb Ben Nevis as a goal and something to look forward too.
Hope you have a good weekend
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 05 Sep 2016, 07:50

Wow! When do you plan to climb it. Sounds like an awesome thing for mom and daughter to do. How long do you train? How many hours / days is the climb? I hope you are fully healed by then. You have sometimes use the word " brave" to describe my travels (with fissure dearest to keep me company) but now I say YOU are the brave one!
Yes that little ache and pain everyday seems like a part of life for me too. But no spasms is really really 10 steps closer to normal human existence.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 05 Sep 2016, 12:45

We enjoying doing things together and it certainly helps to keep me sane and positive, we will be trying to do about 6 hours a week to start with in the gym but also outdoors while the weather stays nice. We are thinking may next year as hopefully I will be fissure free by then and if not well...we do it anyway.
Oh yes I am grateful every single day that I don't have the spasms as is can now at least live even if sometimes that's in a lot of pain.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 06 Sep 2016, 21:28

That's a wonderful goal to have. I was planning to try my hand at half a marathon next year and to me that's already seeming too much . Haven't run in moooonths! But I know you can do it and I will once again draw inspiration from you. My daughter is 13 and I hope we can stay connected for years to come. It's an unusual age.

Hope work is less busy and people are trickling back from vacation. How are you?
Hugs
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Sep 2016, 03:08

Thanks Hun, give the marathon a go...if nothing else the aching muscles may push the fissure into the background for a bit...saying this as my thighs are killing right now lol. Start small I have never climbed anywhere ever I'm doing it as my daughter is interested...my natural talent is swimming. But the one thing this awful experience has taught me is that we can get through anything. I know I was worried that I might "lose" my daughter once she got to her teens as I was an awful teenager who spent 4 years just grunting at my parents an refusing to go out with them. I made and still do make a concerted effort to do what interests her even if secretly some of it can scare me a tad...like climbing a mountain. She now spends quality time with me and we go out for coffee at least twice a week and I never "lost" her
Work is getting better thankfully and for some reason I have only had a BM every other day for about 6 days now so have been pain free for nearly a week. Just some discomfort after BM or when sat for ages at work. Not sure how long my colon plans on being this agreeable but I'm enjoying it while it lasts lol.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 07 Sep 2016, 23:10

So so glad you are having a good run. Please enjoy every minute of it. Know always my thoughts are with you. I guess that's true doing things that our daughters enjoy makes us closer.
Keep smiling MPB and you go conquer them mountains girl!
Climb every mountain and Board every stream
Follow every rainbow
Till you find your dream!
Take care
Hugs
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Sep 2016, 14:48

Well my happy days came to an abrupt end 3 BMs in an hour proper pain and had to play on my inability to deal with opiate based painkiller by taking two codeine to basically knock myself out. This then prompted a phone call today to my CRS to be told I will be getting a letter soon...well let's just say I will be badgering that secretary till she personally posts it and if the spasm come back I'm going to my GP and telling them to give me LIS or section me coz I cannot and will not deal with that level of pain for the sake of a 15 min operation.
But on a positive today has been pain free mostly just discomfort it's like every 5-10 days my colon has to chuck a tantrum.
Fingers crossed it decides to play nice for a few days now though
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Sep 2016, 16:18

So I'm back to my happy days Bristol 3 BM once a day for 4 days now hopefully will get at least one more day like this. Can really tell the Botox has worn off though as it hurts when I'm sat at work again now. Just wondering what I can do to keep my colon happy for another few days. It's like living a different life when I manage to just go once a day.
Fingers crossed
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Sep 2016, 15:23

And....back to the bad day...Bristol 5 BM stinging residue and stomach cramps are letting me know in no uncertain terms that I will be going again a few more times tonight. Have no idea what causes this as I really do scrutinise what I'm eating and doing...thought it was exercise perhaps so haven't been to the gym or swimming for two days but nope it has still happened. I really do dislike my colon right now. I'm really hoping spasms don't start as it felt like they were going too last time...I just want to be well again now...
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 17 Sep 2016, 22:14

Sorry about the bad day dear. I know o had a string of them before I had the courage to come back to tell you again that it does get better. Overall more good days than bad is progress - when do you see the CRS? I am sure there will be SOME good news.
Keep the morale up - no matter what .
Love and hugs
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP