Unbearable pain please help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Unbearable pain please help

Postby Mypoorbutt » 01 Dec 2016, 16:04

Can you have a drink of apple cider vinegar and lemon in warm water...my friend takes that for her slow digestion...it may not help but at least you have the laxatives to try after. It really could be because you actually don't have a lot of good in there and don't forget they pump you full of gas for the colonoscopy...I'm bloated for days after and have to use gas relief tablets
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 01 Dec 2016, 19:48

My mom has convinced to me to try following doctor's orders - I'm hoping adding the psyllium to the miralax will help make the stool easier to pass. I need to try and get the bm situation under control before LIS, so I'll give it a try. Worst case is my fissure gets aggravated - but I have surgery next week anyways! Taking half a dose of miralax and two psyllium capsules tonight, 2 in the morning (doctor recommended 4 in am but I'm starting now lol). I will update tomorrow eek.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby GilmoreGirl » 01 Dec 2016, 22:07

So far - not good. Took it about two hours ago and I'm getting bad acid reflux and stomach cramping already. Argh! Maybe should have taken with food? I took it several hours after eating.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Dec 2016, 05:35

I don't know about mirlax Hun but if I take psyllium more than an hour before food the pain is nearly as bad as my crohns and it start from my stomach all the way down to the sigmoid it's awful...try it with food...I agree it's the inconsistency and frequency of my BMs that have caused me the most pain and delayed or stopped my healing...good luck
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 02 Dec 2016, 08:55

Thanks mpb I will take with food next time!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby GilmoreGirl » 02 Dec 2016, 12:24

So far no real bm, and my stomach is feeling awful. Had a very small bm - between Bristol 6-7 - and I feel like there is a giant rock in my gut. Scared to go because is down, but also scared that I'm not going as I'm feeling quite sick. My dad mentioned maybe I'm feeling bad because of withdrawal from the morphine - I have been able to switch to naproxen (a very strong anti inflammatory) which is good enough for now, but I may have to take the morphine when I finally have a real bm again. Did manage a short 10 min walk around the block to try and get things moving.

This colonoscopy really messed me up. I don't feel at all like eating it just makes my stomach more cramped and bloated. My parents are really pushing me to eat but I feel awful. I'm more and more scared about the surgery since I can't get my bowel movements under control
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Dec 2016, 13:35

GG it's normal to feel this way after a colonoscopy but your mum and dad are right....the "rock" you are feeling can be gas that is stuck and you need food to push it down or disperse it. It really does hurt I know trust me the first time I wanted to go back to the hospital because I thought they had burst my colon. But the dr said I was in more pain because I hadn't eaten for 4 days before and a day after. My advice is try and eat something that agrees with you but is heavy enough to push or disperse the rock
Good luck hun
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 04 Dec 2016, 11:26

Thanks mpb - still not feeling great but better. After some thought and research, I think I've had some morphine withdrawal symptoms that were making things worse - cold sweats, stomach upset etc. They seem to be wearing off.

Still taking miralax and Metamucil nightly (now with food) and the combo is yielding much better results than miralax or stool softners alone.

I've surprisingly felt reallllly good the past two days pain wise. I would say at worst a two-three right after a bm, but improves quickly and the sitz bath seems to finally be doing it's job. Honestly, I think cleaning myself out with the colonoscopy prep did some good.

I have been able to sit much more than before (although that does cause some achy soreness) and have been for a couple walks without much problem. The only setback is that I had a little bleeding this morning - not prevoked by a bm and very short lived, but definitely from the fissure site. There was no pain associated with it though - I'm thinking perhaps there's just way more blood flow down there now that the spasms have mostly ceased.

In any case, it's a relief. I'm phoning the surgeon tomorrow to discuss the possibility of cancelling the LIS. I'm conflicted because I'm so grateful that my doctors worked so hard to fit me in quickly, but also I have really taken a turn for the better (not just a good day - this is the best I've felt since day one). I'm not sure exactly what to do - any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Ideally, I would love to get physio for the pelvic floor issues asap, as I think that will alleviate much of the cause of the fissures and help prevent retears.

Sorry for the long winded post - lots to share. I'm feeling positive about the improvements and hopeful that I will be able to participate in the holidays, but anxious that this may be temporary
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby GilmoreGirl » 05 Dec 2016, 11:23

Ok - so a little more sore this morning, but comparably not bad.

Waiting for the surgeon to phone me between surgeries to discuss whether the surgery is necessary. Still don't know what to do or what she will say...
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby IronicTwist » 16 Dec 2016, 04:29

How have you been GG?
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3