LIS at last

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS at last

Postby mamafizz » 10 Feb 2017, 16:07

Also, that tight knot higher up is always there, just gets tighter at times, I am sure there are others worse off. I feel compassion for all who are going through this. But we will recover.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Mypoorbutt » 10 Feb 2017, 16:19

Thanx girls,
Think it's my crohns as my digestion has been off for a few days even with food I'm usually fine with. Been feeling run down and hoping it was a cold but have to accept the inevitable and this is plainly a crohns flare just had clots of blood now so taken more loperamide and hoping I don't go again tonight. It's so hot when it comes out it feels like it is actually burning....gggrrr blooming stupid colon...although it has been months since my crohns set off so it's to be expected at some point.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby mamafizz » 10 Feb 2017, 16:40

Right,MPB thats exactly how mine felt the night it triggered my initial episode. I have had quite a few bouts myself during this ordeal. To eat or not to eat... that is the question.. ugh. If I did not eat for a month, probably would have been back to normal by now..
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 10 Feb 2017, 16:42

MPB, get right to the heat before the pain really creeps up.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 10 Feb 2017, 16:43

Also MPB do you remember Butt Queen? I read her posts and seems she was like us also but she has fully recovered?
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 10 Feb 2017, 18:15

Oh The Pain! (this makes sense) cc:
However, when hemorrhoids become inflamed or enlarge, especially when they prolapse, they cause the levator muscles to pull even stronger, thus moving or wiggling the coccyx (tailbone) more than is normal. Bones are endowed with pain nerve fibers. These fibers cause us to feel pain when they are stretched. Hence, tailbone pain with hemorrhoids. The muscles pull on the tailbone. Anxiety or stress can cause the same problem because stress can cause spasm of susceptible muscles. The pain may be acute and all of a sudden. Or it may be chronic and long lasting. Oftentimes, The chronic pain may follow us throughout the day. Either way, pain is pain, and can be a major distraction.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 12 Feb 2017, 17:17

MPB and GG, How is it going.. I had a really good feeling last night that Total healing is on it's way!! MPB, I think your right about the shrinking hems feeling, that would be a good sign, Went to farmers market yesterday, a store and even briefly looked at a wedding venue for my youngest daughters wedding in Sept. Managed pretty well. Primarily now its the knotted muscles and connecting ones that once they relax I feel I will be good as new!!! Any other suggestions to calm charley horse ? Or I suppose time.. I did get a tens machine, have you tried? Or are you muscles pretty relaxed by now? GG how are your muscles doing? Any relaxing lately? Once this goes, it will be amazing and such a relief. It's a month now since I was told the fissure is healed. Once the tailbone muscles calm down it will be more normal... Read ButtQueens entry sounds similar. MPB Since you have had children do you find that the levators are suseptable to this chronic spasms since it has been going on for so long, I also read once better healed, all or most symptoms disappear.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 18 Feb 2017, 22:38

mpb, wondering if swollen internal hems cause soreness and achyness? I did see your message that it can effect muscles up to tailbone, Def feels better lying down? After going starts to ache about 15 mins after going lasting long time seems gravity/standing makes it worse.. The more I do the more it hurts, no bleeding, (must have been greatly disturbed by Botox) Im hoping this could be the remaining issue for me and when they go down the muscles will relax.. i didnt realize thy could also cause a full feeling there and a feeling of having to go even after going...I have read this alot on the forum.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 18 Feb 2017, 22:41

I do believe the Diosimin is helping, since I keep having those weird sensations and the external is almost gone, it's been almost 2 mos. and 1 month since fissure healing...!
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 19 Feb 2017, 06:58

Oh that's great MF I will see if I can get some as my hems are always there and swell up bad when I have flares.
I had a bad night Friday but with GTN and gabapentine managed not to have any spasms even though I went 4 times in an hour. The best thing since the LIS is that when I have a bad night the pain goes after about 8 hours and doesn't last for well over 24 hours like it used to do.
I can fundamentally say that if I can have a BM at a Bristol 3 then I don't need GTN anymore and I'm not in pain just a bit of discomfort for about an hour....so I know if it wasn't for my other issues I would probably be fully healed and have no thoughts of a fissure.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20