LIS in a week

Late forties male, AF of 1 year

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS in a week

Postby Jimbfree47 » 09 Jun 2017, 17:07

:afsmile: :D I just got back from my GI. Anoscopy showed fissure 100% healed no hemmys no abscess no fistulas. Wahoo I rock lol. The discomfort was explained . basically the pain is coming from the fissure site in my anus due to skin sensitivity and slight scar tissue. Was told to use zinc oxide as a barrier cream to protect the mucous lining 8 to 10 times a day. Also was told to do biofeedback excercises and continue with the diet and what I have been doing. Recommended not to use any steriod ointments as that can thin the lining and cause more damage. Anyway at least it is healed and just need to begin applying biofeedback excercises
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jun 2017, 17:41

Yay Jim so pleased for you :Rock:

That is the exact position I'm in (apart from my multitude of hems lol) my fissure is healed completely now but if I have multiple BMs the skin in the area is so sensitive that the burning can still start the spasms I'm trying zinc oxide at the moment too
At least you know it's nothing serious now
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Jimbfree47 » 09 Jun 2017, 17:58

MPB yes thats exactly what happens to me. It was explained that when the stool comes down it hits the lining and irratates the fissure hence the burning spasams as it sends the IAS into spasam. Unfortunatly we have no control over that because of anatomy. But I was also told to use a squatty potty to align the rectum withvthe anus hence less scrapping against the mucous lining. So I went and bought one. I just used some zinc oxide 40%. Supposed to be very strong for protecting the skin from irratation. Gave me some web sites to go to for biofeedback excercises. I think you tube has some
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mr Fissure » 10 Jun 2017, 09:30

Hi Jim! That's fantastic news !! :fireworks: You must be over the moon!

Must be such a big relief to know for certain that you're fissure is better and that they're aren't any other issues to contend with either! Finally, you know you just need to be patient for a little while longer and slowly you'll get your old life back! :cheers:

Surprised (but quite heartened too!) to read that your pain is stemming from skin sensitivity and scar tissue pain. It could also be why my fissure is seemingly healed but still bothering me so much too..!?

Right off to read about biofeedback exercises and zinc oxide... 8)
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jimbfree47 » 10 Jun 2017, 09:45

Mr F. I was surprised to but thats what My GI told me. Sounds right as I could feel tge one sensitive area when my GI did the Anoscopy and its right at the fissure site.
Zinc Oxide is helping had a BM this morning not to bad. Took the bath more zinc oxide and doing ok. I was told not to expect to be where I was for awhile. The main thing is to do what I was told to prevent it from happening again. Yes What a relief to know I am healed. If your not sure get the Anoscopy done. Its worth the peace of mind. I know my stress and Anxiety levels dropped big time knowing .
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mr Fissure » 10 Jun 2017, 12:06

Yeah, I bet it is a huge relief to finally know without any doubt you're healed. And that's one of the problems I'm wrestling with atm, because the pain levels are still way higher than I would expect for something supposedly healed. Obviously I've another complication too with my pilonidal sinus and unfortunately its in very close proximity to my fissure, so its hard to distinguish what exactly is giving me all this pain, but I know some of it is definitely internal...

Anyway, if/when I can cure the pilonidal sinus issues, and I still have pain, then for my own peace of mind think I probably will ask for an Anoscopy. Unfortunately though there's still a fair bit of water to flow under the bridge before I get to that stage...
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jimbfree47 » 10 Jun 2017, 12:15

Mr F. Sounds like a smart plan. I hope that you are able to resolve the cyst and then see how the pain level is. I have found time and process of elimination has got me to this level. I feel I am on the final riad to recovery thru physical therapy. You will get there to. Hang in there keep fighting. You will eventually be the winner. We are here use us.

Jim
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mr Fissure » 11 Jun 2017, 04:45

Thank you, Jim, really appreciate your support.

And I'm so pleased you're finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel... :sunny:

All the best,
Mr F
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jimbfree47 » 11 Jun 2017, 09:56

I found this link www.stress-relief-tools.com. May help with the condition
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mr Fissure » 12 Jun 2017, 05:17

Thanks very much Jim, a lot of useful info on there, including a lot of uselful links about managing stress and keeping a positive mindset.

As it happens, yesterday was probably the best day I've had since my operation, taking into account all 3 issues I'm currently dealing with: AF, PS & Adductor... :lol: These good days provide some relief and help recharge the batteries for the inevitable setbacks still to come...
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist