Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Surgery today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Postby LMG » 26 Aug 2017, 04:24

Thank you. Good luck with your craniosacral therapy. I'm about to have my 4th bath for the day.
LMG
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Bum_UK » 27 Aug 2017, 20:11

PainintheButt2017, no I never had a sensation of my butt being pulled out. I had a dull ache lasting for up to a few hours once the Botox had kicked in but nothing like what you describe. Could it be because your surpergy was more invasive than mine? I hope you feel better soon!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 28 Aug 2017, 03:56

Thanks Bum_UK. I now have my first period since surgery and everything is so tense everywhere its like one thing after another. Would i ever heal? Hope you had a lovely holiday.
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Bum_UK » 30 Aug 2017, 07:15

You'll heal! It may take a while but you'll get there!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 30 Aug 2017, 07:20

Week 12 update. We are back home again. It seems like my digestive system approves of almost daily ice coffee and Timbits from Tim Hortons... With a large helping of fast food and generally eating unhealthy food.
It makes me wonder if I need more fat in my normal diet as I get very little fat via my diet at home. It also makes m wonder how important the psychological part of the fissure issues are as I have not had any issues during the two weeks in North America. I've had some larger BMs and I've not watched my diet nor have I had enough water most of the time.

I have my followup appointment on Friday and it'll be interesting to see what my CRS says.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 02 Sep 2017, 13:35

Update after the followup appointment with my CRS. The appointment lasted all of five minutes. He was pleased that I've been back to where I was prior to the surgery two weeks ago, i.e. nine weeks after th surgery. He asked if I wanted him to have a quick look. I said yes and he did a quick visual inspection.

He was very surprised as the fissure hasn't healed completely. He said it's very shallow but it's still there. He said the real test is once the Botox has worn off. It'll be three months since my surgery next week and the Botox should start to wear off. He said he hopes that the Botox will have stopped the pain and spasm cycle. It had stopped four weeks prior to the surgery and I hope I won't have pain or spasms once the Botox has worn off completely.

He sent me on my way saying he hopes he won't have to see me again. I said likewise and off I went. :)

I won't post any further updates here unless there is something significant to report.

To briefly summarise the Botox, skin tag removal and fissurectomy experience. It was far less painful after the surgery than I expected. It was frustrating that I kept getting spasms for a week or two after the surgery. It took nine weeks to feel completely back to normal. By completely normal I mean walk at full speed, squat, sit on the floor and get up, sit on any surface flat, curved, hard or soft.

I am going to continue to take one Laxido per day indefinitely as my CRS recommended that. He said I can't have hard stool ever or I'll have problems again.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 11 Sep 2017, 18:04

Hey long time no hearhow have you been? I did 4months of diltiazem everytime I had a little setback I started all over again but the last 8 weeks have been amazing I thought yay I'm fixed but while still using the cream on my last day of cream the fissure was back now I'm in pain again with blood my bm was a little more formed an harder but not alot I eat an drink the same everyday so I'm stuck what now?? 8 more weeks of cream? My general surgery appointment is next week I've waited 4 months to see a general surgeon not even a crs I'm so over this I have a 4 year old an a 5 month old at home no support an my partner works long hours an he's the only person who knows my butt secret
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 15 Sep 2017, 18:49

My appointment is in 2 days i can't wait sick of passing glass
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Sadbutttrue » 17 Sep 2017, 09:45

Hello Survivors!
Bum_UK I can't thank you enough for taking all of us through your realistic journey. I hate when doctors say you will be fine in 2 weeks and brush it off when it clearly takes way longer to really feel better. I had a manual dilation of the anus and a skin tag removal on the July 3rd. I am in the 11th week post surgery and I no longer really have pain from the wound or during BMs. However I still feel a light burning sensation from time to time everyday and even when sitting down. The skin tag is gone but the side of the anus where the skin tag was sometimes feels a bit swollen to the touch and very tender. I wouldnt say I'm back to normal but it's soon going to be 3 months since my surgery. I feel a bit worried but I try to keep positive as I've heard people had taken even upto 6 months post surgery to fully feel normal. So for all you brave people posting your concerns and updates here on the forum, I would like to say thank you and also keep positive and hopefully you'll be back to normal.
Sending you lots of love! I wish if we could all meet up one fine day to share a laugh and discuss these hard times in life. xx
Sadbutttrue

Postby missy moo » 17 Sep 2017, 23:21

Hi so I just left my appointment an since in a female an not sure I may have more kids in the future they don't recommend lis for me but instead suggested botox an cleaning up the fissure now I'm worried will this be a big waste of time I'm booked for in a week or so will find out in a few days but will this be a waste of time I've heard everyone on here say it's 50/50 my surgeon said maybe 60/50 please Lord let this be the end of my 4 years of pain an fear please reply bum_UK need your support :dunno:
missy moo
King Fissure