LIS Recovery Diary

Diary describing my LIS experience.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS Recovery Diary

Postby Payne4me » 25 Sep 2017, 09:59

Harp: I’m experiencing similar issues. I’m thinking that the scar tissue is the culprit. I’m having some discomfort after BM. My hope is that with the passage of time I’ll see less issues. One can only hope. The pain has been displaced by “discomfort”. But I take solace in the fact that I see no blood.
Payne4me
Salt Bather

Postby Harper05 » 26 Sep 2017, 14:59

I hope so too.. I am hoping its the incision site pain. Do you call your CRS as soon as you start feeling sore again? Wondering if I should call.. although I'm not sure what he would say.
I don't want botox, and that's the only other option..
So I guess I just wait it out.... :/
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 28

Postby Payne4me » 27 Sep 2017, 09:13

Harp: I was doing great until Sunday...pizza, white bread...Monday I had a hard stool and with it came a little blood...Discomfort...enough to "behave"...As far as contacting my CRS....i lost him due to a contractual obligation he has with the Doctors Group he left...i dont want a new one...He's an hour away...but he is practicing General Surgery now..I still may contact him...but Im in a holding pattern until I get back from a scheduled trip in October.
Payne4me
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 27 Sep 2017, 12:18

Hi guys
My CRS says that some people can be left with residual scar tissue discomfort for up to 1 year as people have different nerve sensitivity

I still have significant pain there when my crohns flares but no new fissure just scar tissue sensitivity
Obviously if you are in pain and think you have a new fissure then see your CRS as soon as you can
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Harper05 » 02 Oct 2017, 11:49

10 weeks post op and still pretty sore! See my CRS this week, cant wait for him to say nothing we can do!!!
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Oct 2017, 14:04

Good luck with your CRS....there is rarely a case of nothing we can do....you could have a Botox another LIS maybe some silver nitrate to help if the wound isn't healing clean or even advancement flap surgery.
Don't lose hope you may just be a slow healer and all you need is a few more weeks
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Harper05 » 04 Oct 2017, 06:36

I don't know.. I have had THREE LIS's and honestly I don't want another one. I also just don't want another surgery and to be held back again. I had some blood today and wondering if that means the fissure is still open. I have tried all the creams I can try.. Havent tried silver nitrate, but not sure how that would be different.
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Marie12 » 05 Oct 2017, 18:13

Harper - I also have a really good week, and then slight bleeding and soreness. I am 3 1/2 months post LIS. I am going to another surgeon for a second opinion as to why I am not healing. Hang in there and hopefully in a few weeks we can all post that the LIS FINALLY healed us!
Last edited by Marie12 on 05 Oct 2017, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
Marie12
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Harper05 » 05 Oct 2017, 18:18

We are about the same time post op. I had my follow up today. The doctor is completely stumped. Never encountered someone not healing like me. He suggested Botox although he has never done it his partner has...
I also had blood yesterday.
I am also all about fiber water miralax and constantly worried about my next BM!!!!
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Hopeful0161 » 12 Oct 2017, 12:27

Hello All. I am feeling very very sad about this whole situation. I am 17 weeks post op and still having problems. My last visit to my CRS, she said she did not see a fissure anymore. Why do I still feel it there? In the exact same spot. Going to the bathroom has never felt normal or comfortable since this whole ordeal started in April. Its so embarrassing that I have to be in the bathroom 15 minutes every time I go. It makes me so sad that I have to turn down sex with my boyfriend who I love so much because I am still in pain. This is just ridiculous. I am feeling so hopeless and have no idea what to do. Am I going to be like this forever? :(
Hopeful0161
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2