When is Botox classed as failed?

No idea

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

When is Botox classed as failed?

Postby missy moo » 03 Mar 2018, 14:30

When is Botox classified as being a failure? I'm 3 weeks post Botox an the pain has changed only pain at the start of a bm but still not painless an healed??

:thankyou:
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Re: When is Botox classed as failed?

Postby Canttakethis » 03 Mar 2018, 14:41

My dr said it would work by 2 weeks if it was going to work. By work I mean stop the spasms as that’s what it’s supposed to do. Your fissures will still have to heal and that could take weeks or months. It only stops the spasms to allow your fissures to heal. I don't think it affects the pain during a BM. That would be the fissure. Spasms start after the BM. Mine didn’t work but I’m going for a second round in May where the dr will put in more Botox. Hope you feel better soon.
Canttakethis
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 Mar 2018, 14:42

Even if your Botox is a complete success it could take up to 3/6 months for a chronic fissure to heal, and until it is healed you will still get the stinging pain as Botox can’t stop that pain because it is caused by nerve endings and not your sphincter.
You could if you are unlucky continue to get the stinging aching even after your fissure has healed as the nerves become hypersensitive and can respond to a BM like you still had a fissure.
I think mamafizz experienced this for a few months after her fissure was healed by botox
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby missy moo » 03 Mar 2018, 15:40

Thanks guys I guess I have to wait it out its 3 weeks tpost botox tomorrow I don't even know what spasms are for me, i just get tight pain after bms an random painful jolts like a small electric shock up my behind during the day here an there.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Reliefatlast? » 03 Mar 2018, 15:54

missy moo wrote:Thanks guys I guess I have to wait it out its 3 weeks tpost botox tomorrow I don't even know what spasms are for me, i just get tight pain after bms an random painful jolts like a small electric shock up my behind during the day here an there.

I'm getting those random painful jolts for the past couple of days. I'm 2 weeks post LIS. I wonder what's causing them?? When I had botox my surgeon said to give it at least 6 weeks and contact him at that stage if I was still having symptoms.
Reliefatlast?
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 04 Mar 2018, 03:57

Ok thanks I'll book to see my GP on the date of the 6 week mark thanks. Hope you heal real soon best of luck.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Canttakethis » 04 Mar 2018, 09:50

To me spasms feel like a “charley horse” leg cramp, but in your butt. Mine are so bad they spread all the way up in into my back. In the beginning the spasms also went down my legs. The pain level for me is unbearable. Like I want to go the ER intolerable. Like take your breath away. Nothing like I’ve ever experienced in my life - and I’ve birthed two children and had other serious injuries broken bones, etc. Maybe they aren’t that bad for everyone. But I think you’d know if you have spasms. Mine start shortly after I poop and last all day. Not sure but the jolts may be pain from the fissure itself if you move a certain way or something. Good luck.
Canttakethis
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby missy moo » 04 Mar 2018, 13:34

From what what I've been told there's a huge range of spasms from very mild to what you get honestly if I got spasms like that id cut in line to get lis you could read the book I mentioned earlier by Louise hay called you can heal your life don't take this the wrong way but you seem more embarrassed then anything maybe you could benefit by looking into the emotional connection I really hope you find a solution soon hun I know it's hard having to kids with a fissure mine started when I had my first baby he was 2 weeks old I now have a 4.5 year old an a 10 month old I at two different times had a new born an a fissure now while I still have the same fissure I'm rasing to under 5s which both need me for everything I don't have time for a fissure creams baths relaxing sounds like a day at the spa to me an I haven't got time mine went chronic because I was dead on my feet with a new born an had post natal depression an 7 stitches I didn't know who I was so the fissure got neglected. I'm here for you us mummy's got to stick together dad's don't get it so I told my mum an a very understanding friend I need to tell my two sisters because I feel like this is a part of letting it go.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 04 Mar 2018, 14:03

I copied this from another member I'm planning on working through these same things an thought you too mite like to read it.

- 1. Because a fissure (or other problem in this area) is so disruptive to our normal digestive process, this became a clue as to what to work with. Digestion is about taking what we need from food and then eliminating the waste. A fissure causes severe pain and distress around the issue of eliminating the waste.
I looked at the ‘waste’ in my life I was having an issue letting go of. For me it was clear on both a physical and emotional level. I had loads of old things I just wasn’t letting go of. This in itself may not have been an issue, but then I also began to identify all the emotional ‘waste’ I was clinging to. Old memories, old thought patterns etc. I did not want to let go of. Things I did not want to forgive myself for and people I did not want to forgive. Lots of emotional ‘waste’ I did not want to release.

- 2. The very nature of a fissure causes a feeling of being ashamed. It’s not something I wanted to discuss with people. It brought up feelings of embarrassment and shame. This lead me to look at where I carried feelings of shame in my life in general. Since the whole process of elimination etc. is something that develops when we are small children i.e. the process of potty training etc. I think the feelings of shame can probably be linked to this stage of our lives. Shame is an interesting emotion in that it never goes away on its own unless we work with it. So the shame we may have developed from our earliest childhood can still be with us now.

- 3. The pain I experienced with the fissure did 2 things to me. Firstly, it forced me to be in the moment and secondly it forced me to feel. These were 2 things I was slowly doing less and less of before the fissure. I was unhappy in some areas of my life and as a coping mechanism I was disengaging more and more from life. Both in a physical and emotional sense.
My emotions had shut down quite a bit as I tried to numb myself out from both thinking and feeling. With the fissure, I had no choice but to feel and be absolutely present in that moment. There was nowhere to run or hide from it. This served as a valuable lesson of how important it is to fully engage in life and be more present in each moment. As I mentioned in my first message, the fissure is located in the region of the first chakra which is connected to issues of safety and security. But the first chakra is also our link to the physical – it’s what grounds us.
The message for me was also clearly that I was disengaging more and more from my physical reality and desperately needed some grounding i.e. to be brought back to earth.

- 4. The whole issue of self-love was woven between all the other issues. It is such a throw-away phrase to tell someone to ‘love themselves more’. What does it really mean? To me, the easiest way of looking at it is to think of how you treat someone else who you love and treat yourself the same way. It amazed me to see how I would do things to myself that I would never ever do to someone else I loved. The harsh voice, the judgement and criticism etc. Also, what food would you give to someone you loved. Junk food or healthy nurturing foods?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 04 Mar 2018, 14:15

Missy I was told by my Lovely CRS that spasms can be anything from an aching dull pain, to full on contraction like pain but in your butt.
Like CTT, my spasms were the worst pain I have ever experienced, at one point ending it flew through my mind and if I didn’t have children I may have done so. It’s like your mind knows you have another 12/24 hours of that agony and it can’t comprehend even another hour. I have never in my life been depressed...my brain doesn’t work that way...but that level of pain taught me that there are circumstances in a person life that are just unbearable.
Like you would have been, I was literally begging for LIS, I offered to sign anything they wanted me too to waver responsibility for them if my crohns and the LIS made me incontinent. No one cared and I had to pay private and go through Botox first before I was allowed my LIS...trust me I would have had it at the end of the first hour of spasms.

Since my LIS I have had a couple of fissures which have cleared up quick. With them I have experienced what I would class as mild spasms it’s an ache rather than an all consuming pain.

Due to living with IBS since 11 and crohns since 20 I have never been embarrassed about my digestion and my fissure was no different I openly and often talked about to family, friends and acquaintances. I have also told a class of my fellow students at uni that I brought a big fluffy cushion into uni because I had just had Botox up my butt :lol: it caused a lot of discussion as none of them had ever heard of it.
I wish getting rid of my fissure and my IBS was as easy as getting rid of the trash out of my life. Unfortunately it’s not that easy and like my CRS says some of us will always have enteric brains (the nerves in the stomach and digestion that have a direct link to the hypothalamus) that are more switched on and in this modern age that can cause a problem. We just have to find ways to manage it, as it’s often not curable as such.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20