My 11 year anal fissure

Would love to hear from others going through the same thing xx

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My 11 year anal fissure

Postby Katie » 01 May 2018, 16:05

I retore when I was on anti-biotics but it healed with in a week and a half as blood could get to the area and heal it.if blood can't get to the fissure it's never going to heal
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Krin » 01 May 2018, 16:14

That's really interesting. I'm so pleased for you that the lis has helped.
Krin
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 01 May 2018, 16:21

Yea I agree I think my muscle is just out right too tight lol
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Katie » 02 May 2018, 00:37

My fissure was so deep my surgeon could see my mussel so there was no way cream or bottox was ever going to fix it even through I had to go through it all!!!!!
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 02 May 2018, 03:14

My surgeon said mine isn't deep but it's long I just hate that I can't even handle a bit bigger harder bms like not even normal bms an my body just changes so often our muscles need to be able to stretch if we just keep using the powder stuff our muscles shrink because they not being used I've been using it for about 1.5 years now
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Katie » 02 May 2018, 14:50

I have been using movercol for one year 7 months so far and you can live on it for a very long time! I have no plans to come off it at all the through is to scary!!!! The only down side is movercol it does make me go two times a day most day!!!!! Which is a pain as my 2nd toilet is the one that might make me sore! Ie this evening I feel a little sore no pain or spams but sore so just had a soak and put my coconut oil on and that touch wood will be ok the problem is our bottoms never ever get a break to heal as they being used everyday!!!!!! In a way I wish I was still under the hospital so I always have that safety net!!!!!!!!
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 02 May 2018, 15:29

Did your surgeon say continue taking softeners? I was told by hopefully123 that her post op papers take no softeners it's so hard to know what to do I'm scared by taking the softeners I'm making my muscle use to only soft bms then if I have a normal bm it may retear due to being unable to stretch I'm taking two a day now because my bm was harder yesterday an that was while just using 1 sachet
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 02 May 2018, 15:36

I had lis 8 weeks ago and retore 5 days ago and am still sore. Strangely I feel like I have been even tighter since the operation. I’ve made an appointment to see my CRS this week. He’ll have some explaining to do! I’m hoping that the fissure will heal quickly this time since my muscle is supposedly paralyzed. (I was hoping that the lis would cure me of the problem but clearly that wasn’t to be...)
Deleted User 7114

Postby missy moo » 02 May 2018, 15:57

It my feel tighter because it swollen, but I'm not sure let us know what your surgeon says. Did you post op papers say not to take softeners or laxatives?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Katie » 02 May 2018, 16:10

Yes my surgeon said I would be on movercol at least a year after having the lis as it takes a year to fully heal the lis does not stop u tearing in the future ! The lis only means if u do it will heal with in a week or two as the muscle is not as tight. I retore a few weeks back as well X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist