Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag removal)

After surgery questions... sulfadiazine?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag remova

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 19 Aug 2018, 22:17

Hey guys, I’ve been reading posts since I just had LIS on the 10th. Constipated and burning right now. Doc said to take 2 tbspn mineral oil tonite. I did. We’ll see. I see you want to bulk your stools? Try oatmeal for breakfast and or dinner. It will do it 1/2- 1/3 cup each. I’m looking for a alternative to miralax since I think it burns my a**. GL
Deleted User 7275

Postby missy moo » 19 Aug 2018, 23:00

You can take psyllium husk powder mixed in water an it's natural that makes you go regularly so you don't get constipated which is what causes hard stools also eatting certain food can causes hard stools
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby PreggoAF » 20 Aug 2018, 05:30

Magnesium citrate works great for me, Walking!
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 20 Aug 2018, 07:11

Thanks for the advice. I had a bm this morning clockwork and smooth. I’m pretty sure it was the benefiber I had with lunch 3 days ago made me bloated. I already get plenty of fiber. I like psyllium but my doc said people have said it causes irritation(gritty) even the powder. Back to square one, starting lax tonite full dose and after 3 days if not soft, olive oil before bed or mag citrate. I’m new to this but I feel 50% this morning with the mineral oil help. Wish I could take a spoonful every night lol.
Deleted User 7275

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 25 Aug 2018, 07:07

Hey all, I’m on the olive oil and peanut butter band wagon also for calories. I am going to drop them after seeing oil on toilet paper an hour or two after bm and this may be causing burning post lis. Doc said I have an 80% healed fissure and doesn’t know what causing the burning. Just stopped miralax also and started triphala. I hope that does it. I was wondering what do you all do for calories besides chicken or fish, I can’t seem to get to my 2000-2300 if I cut my oils and PB. Thanks in advance and thanks for all your info in past posts!
Deleted User 7275

Postby PreggoAF » 25 Aug 2018, 09:55

Ooh that’s tough. I rely heavily on fats to get my calories. I also somehow get away with ice cream for calories without constipation.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby PreggoAF » 25 Aug 2018, 09:56

Maybe you could try high calorie healthy foods like avocado or salmon?
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Vdawg » 25 Aug 2018, 13:53

Hay all,

I'm on my 3rd day post op after a laser hemmarroidoplasty and laser LIS. On pain killers and lax (2 dulcolax at night, MoM).
With all these laxatives and drinking water, I still ended up having hard stools this morning that had slight bleeding and massive burning sensation. After that gone 3 more times and Everytime I'm not able to empty it completely. I come out feeling I'll have to go again. Sitz bath is a relief but are there anything else I need to do to get smooth bm? Also get involuntary pulling feeling in the rectum that causes pain (is this the spasm y'all are talking about?).

Day 3 is so far worse than day 2. So wondering if I'm not doing something right. Doc says it's all normal.

Thanks
Vdawg
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 25 Aug 2018, 15:11

Are you all drinking water you about 1.5 letters per day and more if you work out regularly or you are in a hot climate. If you take psyllium husk and drink no water it will create rock hard stools I've learnt this myself
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Vdawg » 25 Aug 2018, 16:06

I drank a lot of water and have been peeing every 30 mins. However, will take your advice and measure the water tomorrow, thanks. Not taking psyllum husk though.

There prob Iris I get an urge to go. I sit there and nothing much except for wind and lil bit poo. And the cycle repeats with the burning sensation.
Vdawg
Fibre Addict