Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag removal)

After surgery questions... sulfadiazine?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag remova

Postby JaiShriRam » 04 Sep 2018, 20:43

Missy, I trigger a 2nd BM in the evening with 2 glasses of warm water and a glass of orange juice or 2 apples or 5 prunes. my body clock was set for a BM in morning. But we need to make our bodies work on this. And the Chia seeds helped.

You can soak 1.5 Tablespoon of chia seeds in plain water overnight. And have consume it immediately upon waking up. Drink at least 2 glasses of water over it. It will be a bit challenging to "drink" it as it's a thick jelly and tasteless, but just take it.

Secondly, I have found out that lots of water doesn't work for me. I drink 2.5 Liters of water a day Max coz excess water washes out the bile salts from my body and clears the good bacteria and enzymes. Urine turns absolute transparent, which is not good at all.
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 04 Sep 2018, 20:56

My urine is always clear? Since I have a bm in the morning should I eat the chia seed jelly in the pm followed by 2 glasses of water?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby JaiShriRam » 04 Sep 2018, 21:01

Yeah, you can take the Chia seeds on an empty stomach after your BM. Followed by 2 glasses of water.

And Missy, my dietician said the urine should not be clear or transparent. That indicates that you have excess water and the kidneys are functioning well coz the bile salts and enzymes are getting washed out. It should ideally be light yellow.
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 04 Sep 2018, 21:54

So if I eat the chia in the morning it will make me have a second bm in the afternoon? An how do you fix the clear urine? Drink less water? I'm drinking about 2 litres per day
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby JaiShriRam » 04 Sep 2018, 22:14

2 liters is fine. That's the minimum you need. Don't reduce it. I think you should take a probiotic like Yakult. That should help balance the gut bacteria.

Consuming Chia will take care of the intial 10% hard stools. It's basic concept of First In First Out. So chia should manage the initial hard stools.

Triggering a second BM will initially take some time coz your body needs to adapt to your need. So eat apples, prunes, unfiltered fibrous orange juice through out the day. These are natural insoluble fibres which will make things move in your intestines. Lastly take 2 glasses of warm water in the evening. That should be the final nail and I believe it should give you a nice smooth BM before bedtime.
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Postby Vdawg » 04 Sep 2018, 22:53

Jai, Missy,

My BM issue is not fully fixed. I've only been able to bring down from 10 a day to 6 a day. It's been a consistent 6 times the last few days (from early morning to evening).

When I have a BM, it starts smooth and then abruptly loses steam midway. I have to wash up knowing there is some more in the track which will trigger couple of hours later. I also have the laser burn and pain (6/10). But it's my 2nd week,so figured the pain is expected.

I started psyllium 4 days ago. Started with just half a spoon per day in the morning and it has bulked up the stool a little bit which is stretching my sphincter. I was having very narrow stools before. While this gives pain, I heard it's important to stretch so going with it. However, psyllium has not consolidated my multiple BMs into one or two.

Looks like I'm getting plenty of fibre. I eat apples, oranges, bananas and greens daily. So not sure why my BMs stop midway. My CRS is back from vacation next week. So planning to visit before I try any more self treatment.

The cream my CRS gave me has ingredients very similar to sucral ano, so using it now. My BMs are always urgent so sometime I don't get a chance to apply it few mins earlier. The biggest headache still remains multiple BMs and the pain it brings with it.
Vdawg
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 05 Sep 2018, 13:46

HumptyRumpty: You are free to go elsewhere and spam other forums.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby mike1971 » 05 Sep 2018, 16:17

JaiShriRam wrote:@Mike1971 how are you doing Mike ?

Hello Jai I'm feeling better it's been a little over 3 months now (14 weeks).

I don't have the burning pains (spasms?) that lasted for a few hours after bm's but I have my days where I am sore and tender in the area. I still can't sit comfortably for more than 10 minutes. I can feel a small external tender lump that feels like a thrombosed hemorrhoid down there. I think this may be the sore of my discomfort. Using Prep H a few times a day. Hoping thus will get better with time.

How are you doing?
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby PreggoAF » 17 Sep 2018, 02:33

Hey guys, I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is feeling at this point. It’s been over two months since my LIS and I’ve mostly been doing well with no pain but still have discomfort in the region where the fissure used to be and the LIS was performed. It’s kind of a light nagging discomfort and I’m so grateful I’m not in pain but just wondering if others feel something similar. I can’t help but worry it’s a sign that something didn’t go right with the surgery.
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby JaiShriRam » 17 Sep 2018, 02:47

Surprisingly, I was permanently banned by the administrator for spamming !!! I received a rude email for the ban. And suddenly, I gained back the access.

Hi Mike, I am doing much better now. It's close to 7 weeks post surgery. I am a slight discomfort when I am evacuating for the fist 10 seconds. It's more like a small pinch , sometimes I barely notice it. Other than that it's going well. Have no problems during the day while sitting, walking or driving. The ointment worked well for me. I too have a hemmy which gets swollen fater BM and Sitz bath but eventually goes down .

Hi Vdawg, how are you doing now ??

Hi PreggoAF, I too feel a slight discomfort in the initial 10 seconds of BM but then it's all good. My CRS said it will take atleast 3 months for me to feel absolutely normal . So counting weeks.... But honestly, I am glad I did the surgery. Although the initial 2 weeks felt as if it was the worst mistake of my life and the doctor screwed up. But the benefits started showing after week 4. I still stay super careful of what I eat.
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather