Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag removal)

After surgery questions... sulfadiazine?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag remova

Postby PreggoAF » 17 Sep 2018, 07:45

Thanks for the reply, Jai, and glad to hear you’re doing better! I know those first two weeks were very tough for me too! Its good to hear that your doctor told you to expect 3 months before feeling normal and that makes me feel a little better. My surgeon didn’t prepare me adequately for the recovery time and told me I’d be feeling better very soon so it’s good to know I’m not alone. Thanks!
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Vdawg » 18 Sep 2018, 08:34

Hey Jai,
I was banned too, not sure what that was about... I'm a lot better since the last time I posted. 3-4 smooth BMs a day, pain is quite bearable (probiotics helping a lot). I saw my doc last week since I was noticing a discharge... Got a pus culture done and started antibiotics but the doc was not worried and said it's very minimal. Will complete 3 weeks tomorrow.
Vdawg
Fibre Addict

Postby clarissairene » 18 Sep 2018, 11:30

Jai- I was banned too. glad to hear I wasn't the only one. I was wondering if someone hacked into my account. I'm like what could I have said to offend anyone LOL.... we all talk about butts in here! I was so bummed too it was last week during a time I REALLY could have used the board and encouragement. Anway... my LIS is next week!
clarissairene
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby JaiShriRam » 18 Sep 2018, 12:03

Hi Clarissa, this was damn right funny - "I'm like what could I have said to offend anyone LOL....we all talk about butts in here " !!!

Wish you all the best with your LIS. Be strong and patient. First 2 weeks are generally rough, so prepare your self mentally. And it typically takes 3 months to get back to normal .... No matter what the CRS says. We are all here for any help or venting out that you need !
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 18 Sep 2018, 14:58

Jaishriram what nice words of support I'm glad to hear everyone is doing so well me on the other hand today both my fissures front an back are sore I only had 1 fissure before my Botox treatment the surgeon gave me a second one I just feel like I can't win my body does its own thing I'm thinking there's got to be something wrong with my digestive system or something? The first bit of my stool is often hard and in little bits it's not like this everyday but say every 3rd day I'm taking no softeners anymore I haven't in about a month our body's shouldn't need this type of help an I'm only treating a symptom I need to get to the bottom of this issue the root cause!! I do take fiber twice a day only a small amount, I also still don't have a date for my second Botox shot yet been waiting awhile
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Da_butt_tho » 18 Sep 2018, 16:30

Hi PreggoAF!

I’m glad things are going well overall! I’m 2 months out as well and overall feeling back to normal, aside from a couple minor re-tears.. I had two fissures and the older one continues to slightly tear at times.. I worry about this slightly, but it’s no where near what it had been like!

I hope everyone is on the road to full recovery!
Da_butt_tho
Fibre Addict

Postby Da_butt_tho » 18 Sep 2018, 16:32

Also Missy, my apologies I hadn’t been able to view your message until after I replied... sorry to hear things aren’t going well for you. I’m hoping fiber and fluids do the trick!!
Da_butt_tho
Fibre Addict

Postby TomatoSoup » 19 Oct 2018, 22:56

Hey all,

I just wanted to chime in since I'm in the same boat. I had closed LIS and Sentinel Pile removal on August 16. I was fortunate to have a super easy 2 weeks post op. I never needed a pain pill. Worryingly I still noticed some blood in the bowl every once in a while even at 4 weeks so I went back to the doctor fearing I had a retear. He saw a small retear and prescribed nifedipine 3x a day and basically said, "Might as well try adding that cream in since it can't hurt the healing." But I had to move cross country so that was my last doctor's visit.

I've been nervous about every BM and pray that I won't feel anything weird or see blood. The weird thing too is that my BM's have been stellar. Luckily for me if I drink 70 oz of water during the first hour of the day I get a strong urge to have a BM and it effortless passes. I squat on the toilet and watch the stool to check for blood. Hell, I even shine my phone light down there to inspect. I thought I was in the clear but then today I had a drop or two of blood in the bowl. I'm actually hoping it's a slow healing incision rather than a fissure. I don't have any pain, but I also rarely had pain before the surgery. I was one of those "lucky" fissure sufferers who did not have daily pain. I just two weeks of searing pain when I reinjured my chronic fissure back in May and then the pain went away. I actually went to a CRS because I had no idea what sentinel piles were and thought I had a tumor. He said "you have a fissure and sentinel piles" and since I'd tried the creams and sitz baths for 10 months surgery was the next step.

Now I'm 2 months post op and still hoping for a full recovery. I'd love to just take a carefree crap and go on with my day. I think about it so much.

It gives me hope that 2 months might not be all that long to evaluate. The surgeon kept changing his story. Before the surgery he said 2 weeks of recovery, then when I returned at 4 weeks he said it can take 3 months for the incision to heal. Never mentioned that at the consultation, dude! :)
TomatoSoup
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 23 Oct 2018, 07:54

Hi Jaishri I too was banned, no email though :(

You mentioned an ointment worked well for you, may I ask the name? TIA
Deleted User 7275

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 23 Oct 2018, 21:08

Preggoaf and Jai I’m on 10 weeks and fissure flares up after I work for 5 days. 5 days on 5 days off. I have a burning now I believe from my slight leakage from I believe my top soft of stools, prunes maybe? Magnesium? Not sure. Trying to make bm more solid. Glad you are both doing well.
Deleted User 7275