Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag removal)

After surgery questions... sulfadiazine?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag remova

Postby Jpcer » 15 Dec 2018, 09:25

Im 3 months after fissurectomy...recovery very slowly ...no intense pain but spasms after a bm a couple Times. It is normal?
Jpcer

Postby Hope21 » 25 Dec 2018, 01:26

Hi JaiShriRam,

Hope all is well. Where did you get the operation done in India?
Hope21
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby JaiShriRam » 25 Dec 2018, 01:42

Hi Hope21,

I am doing well... Just being super careful about what I eat and most importantly the amount of water I drink.

I got my LHP & LIS done at Healing Hands Clinic in Pune. If you do consider going there, then ask for Dr. Ashwin Porwal to handle your case. The man is a genius and they'll take good care of you.
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Bkan » 22 Feb 2019, 04:25

Hi jaishriram

Hope you are doing well. I was wondering how are you feeling now after LASER LIS with healing hands? I have a telephone consultation with Dr powal next week and I wanted to know how the treatment was with him as I have been suffering with anal fissure fir over 3 years now. I'm from the UK so I want to make sure I make the right decision as it's a long way to go...
Bkan
Fibre Addict

Postby JaiShriRam » 22 Feb 2019, 04:50

Hi Bkan,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Dr.Porwal is a wonderful doctor and his post operative care team is also very helpful and treat patients very well.

I got operated for LHP and Sphincterotomy in July 2018. It took me roughly 4 weeks to start office. Although they say you can start living normal life from a week but that isn't the case. It takes time. And you have to be extremely patient with the healing. I repeat, It takes time. So give your self good rest for 4 weeks. Post surgery, 1st week will be bad - blood, pain, stinging sensation, minor stool incontinence and wearing sanitary pads etc. Week 2 will slowly improve and so on. You can check with earlier posts where I have given weekly basis update on the recovery process.

After around 8 weeks, I started feeling very good and by 3rd month I was as good as new.

LIS is an older version of the treatment. Dr Porwal uses a Leonardo Biotec Laser which is a minimally invasive surgery. The LIS process you see on YouTube is a barbaric and dreadful process and Dr Porwal does not perform that as there is high risk of incontinence in LIS. I too was shit scared when I saw that on YouTube but later on was feeling okay as it is no longer practiced by Dr.Porwal.
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 22 Feb 2019, 04:58

JaiShriRam could you please explain the process which your surgeon does? Is it not cutting the muscle like lis is?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Bkan » 25 Feb 2019, 05:39

Thanks for the response JaiShriRam. I appreciate the information you have given and the reassurance. Was the healing longer as you had 2 surgeries LHP and LIS? I'm wondering would it be a little less time if only LIS. So the LIS Dr Porwal does is with laser as I noticed that when searching for a consultant who does laser surgery in India.

If you don't mind me asking the LIS that Dr Porwal does, does he make a small incision from the outside of the anal ring? How big is the incision, does it heal quickly and does it cause pain when passing stools after surgery?

Just wondering as I will be travelling back to the UK after having the LIS and I don't want to be in pain on my return trip.
Bkan
Fibre Addict

Postby trillo » 16 Apr 2019, 02:49

Hi, I'm wondering how everyone is doing. This thread was very active, I see, and then abruptly stopped a few weeks ago. I had surgery nearly three weeks ago, on March 28: an open LIS and double fissurectomy and one sentinel pile removed. Recovery has been much more painful and slower than I was led to expect from my CRS pre-op. First week horrible pain, especially during BMs. Then the pain began to improve but with ups and downs. Now the pain is generally not too bad but it still sometimes becomes severe for a while after BMs. I also still have leakage/discharge of a watery pus with tiny brown spots which I assume is fecal matter. The past two days I have been having increased leakage, so I'm thinking it might indicate an infection, although I do not have a fever. I am seeing my CRS this afternoon, so I'll find out then.

I hope you are all doing better than the last time each of you have posted. I hope that there is a true healing in store for all of us.

By the way, I notice during this thread that several of you had been banned at some point for no apparent reason. The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I could not imagine what I possibly could have said to get me banned, and the notification that I was banned did not give any reason whatsoever. I emailed the admin to inquire and got no reply, then a few days later I re-sent that email and was reinstated...again with no explanation as to what had happened. Well, I'm glad to be back to be of whatever help I can be to anyone and to get your support as well.
trillo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Abu » 16 Apr 2019, 10:55

Hey Trillo, the banning was a general issue and not targetted to you. it happens from time to time and all of us are affected at the same time.
Good luck in your recovery, let us know how it improves.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby ttt2018 » 01 May 2019, 12:52

Trillo, what did you find out after your last appointment about the discharge?
ttt2018
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4