My Botox Diary

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: My Botox Diary

Postby missy moo » 16 May 2019, 14:56

Gray what is nitro? And did the botox heal your fissure? Thanks
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Vicouscycle » 16 May 2019, 15:27

Thanks Gray! When I called the nurse yesterday and she asked me to continue use Nefidepine three times a day so I started yesterday afternoon.
Missy Moo, Nitro is sold as Rectogesic here. I’ve used it before and it worked but fissure came back after I stopped. I’m now using Nefidepine instead.
This may sound gross but hey we fissure buddies so who cares...has any of you found your poo to be a lot larger in size after Botox? I’m on half sachet of Movicol + 1 Coloxyl every night, but I’ve found last two BM to be big compared to the ones pre-Botox...
It was still painful, a little bit easier though maybe because I’ve added Coloxyl. Doc said it takes about 3 days for the effect to kick in.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Gray » 16 May 2019, 16:18

Botox did heal it; but, I'm having some issues now. Somewhat fissure symptoms but not exactly the same. The CRS tried to do an exam but I was too sensitive. I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy in July to see if I'm having inflammation from IBD/Crohn's or something else.
Gray
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 16 May 2019, 17:53

Yep it's called rectogesic here too great to hear that the Botox worked first time for you I'm going in for a second dose in 2weeks time my surgeon didn't tell me keep putting cream on after the botox I also wasn't told about nefidpine till about 4 years into my fissure I only ever used rectogesic
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Vicouscycle » 16 May 2019, 18:34

Miss Moo,

In my going home instruction from Botox, it says to use ointment if no improvement in 14 days. But when I called nurse yesterday due to the swelling, she said I can continue using the ointment so I did. I guess it won’t hurt.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Vicouscycle » 17 May 2019, 01:35

Day 3

Swelling went down when I woke up this morning, but not for long...BM was still painful but relatively easy, I saw some blood towards the end and on TP, i didn’t see any blood yesterday so I was a bit upset today. After a still painful and large BM and sitz bath, I finally dare to look, OMG so swollen... I quickly put on the cream and got dressed. Then I lied on bed for about 2 hours before I got up. I felt okay for the rest of the morning, the sudden contraction only happened less than 5 times the whole morning which is an improvement. Had some steamed fish fillet and veggies for lunch. Then I went to shopping mall and walked around for about 1hr. Then the swelling made it very difficult to walk normally so I went home. Lied on couch for an hour before taking a sitz bath.
Overall I think today is better than yesterday, would have been better if I haven’t seen blood this morning or overdid my walking in the mall...
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Vicouscycle » 19 May 2019, 01:50

Day 4+5
It is getting better in terms of pain. I get a slight feeling of tear during BM and it stings a bit afterwards, then I just need to deal with the swelling for rest of the day. Still tiny bit of blood in BM but much better than before Botox.
I’ve also started eating some food I would not touch before, popcorns and ice cream...I prob shouldn’t but I just couldn’t help...
It’s still very swollen down there but I’m going to be patient and let it settle with time. If it doesn’t get better by end of next week, I’ll call doc’s office to get an appointment.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Abu » 19 May 2019, 03:56

Ahh, ditch the popcorn before it's too late
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Vicouscycle » 19 May 2019, 04:35

Ah No!!! Will stay far away from it from now...hope it’s not too late.
Abu, have you had bad experience with popcorns before?
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Abu » 19 May 2019, 11:46

Yes I did, and also my wife which never had a fissure and has 2-3 BMs a day since forever. It compacts the stool and hardens it.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3