My Botox Diary

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: My Botox Diary

Postby missy moo » 11 Oct 2019, 16:17

I think we'll have a new normal so not what we use to be before our fissures but a new normal I guess
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Okaybum » 11 Oct 2019, 16:56

I'm with Missy. I'm managing ok. I ate poorly yesterday so I've no idea how today will go. I've had soft stools mostly though with movicol, benefiber, and docusate sodium. 1.5 tsp benefiber before dinner has been a game changer. But I can't stop myself from worrying about my next bm. I may try to use my lactose intolerance to ensure my bm isn't hard today. lol
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby SueMac » 15 Oct 2019, 12:40

Hi all- I do wonder if we will be normal again at times!! Since being all jolly I’m now relapsed and sore and uncomfortable after a BM. But it’s been a lot worse in the past so hoping this is (another) setback on this long journey.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby Okaybum » 16 Oct 2019, 15:48

I'm so sorry Sue. I wonder the same. I have good days and not so good days. I just got over some odd constipation that seems to occur the day before ovulation every month. Survived it fine only to later get some weird burning/stinging not during a BM. I had a yeast infection so I'm thinking it was related to that.

I'm traveling ok at the moment..but starting to notice bigger BM are now scraping that spot that suspect was where the hems were removed. It's not the same pain I had with the fissure but I did have it immediately before I got Botox and hem removal surgery. Externally everything's feeling fine. Botox is starting to wear off and things are starting to feel tighter which means formed BM seem to scrape that spot.

However, so far, fingers crossed, it's better than last month where I had occasional slight bleeding. So that's maybe a sign of healing more so I'll take it.

At this stage, I'm not sure if I'll get Botox repeated or continue to try to heal on my own.. I'm at 14 weeks post op and the crs said Botox can be repeated after 4 months. So I guess that means 6 more weeks to go to hit 5 months

Food wise I'm eating fairly normally. I find fruit is necessary though for soft BM. Maybe I'll clean up my diet.

I find moderation is key. You can eat bad foods, just don't eat too much food and you're good. But finding that balance between diarrhea and hard stools aka the fabled unicorn of poops aka soft serve poop is nearly impossible. Lol. I swing back and forth like a Katy Perry song.
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Okaybum » 16 Oct 2019, 16:30

I hope you start to have better days, Sue
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 20 Oct 2019, 13:50

Hi everyone how are you all doing? Today is day 1 of my period and you guessed it sharpness during my morning bm don't know why it felt uncomfortable but not hard I actually think it was soft, the area is now tender. I'm 5 months post 2nd botox shot with a 6 year old fissure incase any new readers see this.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Okaybum » 22 Oct 2019, 02:48

Oh no I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it's just a minor thing.

I've caught a cold from hell and been coughing the last 8 days. Sick of it and terrified I'll get hems. Butt was feeling good but has its irritation moments. BM has been soft, possibly too soft. Period is coming up so we will see.
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 22 Oct 2019, 13:37

Okaybum thanks it looks to of een minor now on day 3 things are ok. What softener do you take
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Okaybum » 22 Oct 2019, 15:51

I alternate between osmolax and movicol throughout the week. Osmolax is the same stool softener but it doesn't have the potassium and sodium. I would like to switch to osmolax but I get flair ups (I'm now suspecting these flair ups are due to my cycle actually as they happen exactly the day before ovulation and the day before my period for the last 3 months. The last flair only had soreness no blood)

So osmolax/movicol (1.5 scoop or 2 sachet) in the morning. If I've eaten poorly or had a flair up or it's before my period I'm adding 0.5 scoop or .5 sachet before dinner with 1.5 tsp benefiber. After dinner I take a standard dose of Coloxyl.

I'm doing pretty good when I'm not coughing and farting violently as I cough. Botox is still working lol. I need this cold to eff off but anyway but has been good. I add in juice when needed. Apple ginger juice or prune juice

Also for help, I sometimes add 1-2TBS of MCT coconut oil (it's a liquid) to my morning coffee. That can loosen a later bm.
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 22 Oct 2019, 20:42

What is Osmolax what are the other names so it's not molaxole
missy moo
King Fissure