Mucus

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Mucus

Postby Jen » 20 May 2008, 20:17

Oh Lecia - You are so sweet for thinking about that! I am a very nervous person anyways. I think because several people have had infections on the board, I am a little more cautious. But I am so thankful for everyone's advise. Besides, I try to think positively and think about the fact that I only had RBL - which is not a huge risk for an infection itself.
I have done alot of research about infections on the internet and I personally believe they are a bit more common than the statistics & doctors will tell us.
As always - thanks for your advise!
You hemmie apprentice,
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 20 May 2008, 20:23

I am nervous too and whenever I heard of someone with a certain condition I worried about it happening to me.

You caught things early so I think you won't end up in my situation!

Your Hem Lord,
Darth Roidius

Postby Jen » 20 May 2008, 20:31

Hem Lord Roidius -
I am the same way! Nursing school is horrific because I am learning about all these diseases and I always diagnos myself with them! Image
Then, I pull out my drug books and read about all these meds that I think I should be on. Its just they way I am - a total worry wart! I even diagnos my one year old son! The good news is that by the time I am ready to make an actual doctors appointment for these issues, they resolve themselves.
Darth Fissurious
:deathstar:
:$($$!:
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 20 May 2008, 20:36

I have a health ed background (MPH) so I know what you are talking about. I use to think I always had an STD but I wasn't even having sex or now I worry that I am pregnant and my husband has had a vasectomy. Somehow I just think that I will defy the odds and get syphilis and knocked up out of the blue!

Postby cherylk » 20 May 2008, 20:52

We all sound like nervous nellies--anxious and fretting about what might happen (me included). Possibly as the doc agreed with me today there is often an emotional component to these fissure. If so, we need to relax and nuture our MINDS as well as our bodies. I fret and stew just as much as any of you and think I learned the behavior from my deceased father who used to do the same. I didn't major in psychology because I read about myself in the abnormal psychology book (panic attacks which are no more for me).
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 20 May 2008, 23:18

Listen to us! We are all insane! Image
I know ladies - I have diagnosed my husband with a DVT and my son with metopic crainiostynosis (when the bones of the skull fuse together prematurely) None of these ever happened - we are all healthy besides my butt. Currently, I have diagnosed myself with colitis or a anal infection because of the blood & mucus - I go back and forth. I hope I am also wrong about my current diagnosis.
Sometimes in school we talk about hemmies in class, and people always laugh. I wonder how many people out of my class of 50 people don't think it's funny at all because they have issues like me. I mean - we are all adults, why are they laughing at butt issues? Also, not once in nursing school have we talked about fissures. It is like no one even knows they exsist until they get one.
Jen
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 21 May 2008, 10:25

I know what you mean. that south park with the giant poop contest really hit a little too close to home. I also get drs disease when I'm not quite sure what something is but I know that something is not quite right.
Re my infection: I knew I had one. I know what infections on my body feel like and that is what the cut in my butt felt like. The drs couldn't see the infection. All they saw was a small but deep fissure, so they wouldn't believe me until I started oozing puss from it. I even developed a lump, which they called a skin tag. Mine wasn't a skin tag, just the abscess growing and shrinking.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 21 May 2008, 12:59

Lecia wrote:Tools for examining your own waste products!

:shock:
You girlies are funny
I am a worry wart too, have you noticed !!!