32F LIS Post op experience

LIS for posterior and anterior fissure

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 32F LIS Post op experience

Postby Suffering2long » 22 Jul 2022, 00:12

Yes, I’ve heard of Rutin and actually took something with that in it but didn’t work for me. I’ve tried everything I swear. I don’t have bad circulation though.
The crs wants to repeat the test to compare with results from before I had the flap. I know I still have spasms most days so I can almost guarantee that it will be a high resting pressure. Her concerns are that I’ve had 3 vaginal births so high risk patient, also that I was incontinent after Botox one time. She said that she (or any other surgeon) can’t fix it if lis renders me permanently incontinent. I’m going to ask her if she’s not confident then to refer me to a colleague that has done a lot of lis.
I’ve had 2 good days this week and feel like lis would be overkill but on my bad days, I’d do anything to have the surgery. I don’t think I’m in spasm today but who knows for sure.

Actually I noticed after applying the nerve pain cream that I have white spots/bumps on my anus. I stopped the cream and noticed that they are reducing. There goes $75..I would hate to know what I’ve spent on these fissures over the past 6 years! Easily thousands.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Amychristine » 22 Jul 2022, 15:07

I hear you! I had spent probably $1000 on more on useless creams and supplements over the years. I hope you do get another opinion from that other dr who does the surgeries all of the time. Does giving birth weaken that area? Is that why it is a concern? Just curious as I only had one natural birth and 3 c sections. Maybe even a fissurectomy with Botox (since incontinense would be temporary) would be an option. Hope you get answers soon.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Suffering2long » 31 Jul 2022, 19:34

I just wanted to update anyone following along. I’ve made an appointment for next week to see another surgeon. Can’t hurt to get a third opinion. I’ve kept the appointment with my current crs just in case. I’m so done with this fissure! I had spasms most of Sunday! Will keep updating as I go.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Amychristine » 01 Aug 2022, 00:15

I think that’s great that your getting another opinion and hope they can help you. Spasms are awful. Please let us know how it goes! I am getting the fissurectomy august 8th so that’s next week. Getting nervous!
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby Suffering2long » 01 Aug 2022, 03:14

Thank you Amy and good luck for the 8th!
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 01 Aug 2022, 18:23

Good luck Amy.
Suffering2long i hope you get an ideal appointment an find the answer
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Amychristine » 01 Aug 2022, 21:10

Thank you guys. I’ll let you know how this one goes and if she lets me know if that lis did much. Tore today even saw some blood but I find I’m not in much pain afterwards like I was before. Even put cream up there and it didn’t hurt. So we’ll see what she says.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 02 Aug 2022, 18:15

I had some pain this am during bm then it hurt to put thr cream on not very happy today but it is what it is in to the next day hoping its better. I'm still breastfeeding so every morning bm starts with hard lumps of bm i guess its from my body taking water due to the breastfeeding I'm still drinking 2-3 ltrs of water per day but i also drink coffee an then a glass of wine with dinner so these wouldn't be helping but they get me through the day i need my coffee an wine lol everyone else can have them lol. I eat very very healthy fiber rich foods everyday tons of veg and even take added fiber so no lack of fibre lol
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Amychristine » 02 Aug 2022, 22:34

Breastfeeding takes so much water out of you. I never drank enough during those times. Coffee and wine are so good I can see why it would be hard to cut those out. Hope it clears up fast for you.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 03 Aug 2022, 00:05

Thanks I've had 1 quick spasm today but over the last how ever long like I've said my foear ups are less painful an heal much faster so fingers crossed
missy moo
King Fissure