Blood but not from the fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Blood but not from the fissure

Postby buttgirl » 20 Jun 2007, 17:48

I tired with the mirror and couldn't see a thing (aside from my butt that is--and I am quite flexible). ARGH!!

I have to schedule one still. The Dr. and I have been playing phone tag.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 20 Jun 2007, 17:58

One of my daughters gets a little bit of rectal bleeding when she goes to the bathroom every once in awhile though I watch her diet to try to keep things soft. I asked the doctor and she said you can get a small tear in the anus from time to time and she didn't seem very concerned and this was with a 3 year old at the time. So I don't know if that will make you feel better or not but I don't want you to be so worried!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Jun 2007, 18:05

If it's just a dab or two, then it is indeed a small amount. Tiny, tiny amounts of blood can suddenly seem very large on TP and even in the water...
Look at your stools closely on the next BM and see if you see any blood, and if so, is it just on the leading edge of the first stool?
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 21 Jun 2007, 09:51

thanks everyone. Had a large bm last night. no blood, though still increased soreness. Had one this morning too. again no blood but increased soreness.

I was worried about tearing myself another new one or reinjuring the old one. I think I did a bit of the latter. Hopefully, the setback will be less than a week in terms of healing time.

thanks again for all your support!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 25 Jun 2007, 10:31

Just wanted to give you all an update. the blood was froma little roid, which is strange since I haven't strained at all. I think the area is just extra sensitive and irritable. but then again, I have beentrying to cut back onthe MOM and did have a harder than normal poo, which I think also ripped my fissure open a little. My butt is definitely more sore this week than last. ARGHH!!!!!!

I have decided to go on my peas soup diet this week. I began yesterday and had two not exactly pleasant bm's this morning.

How often do you experience set backs?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2007, 11:04

I got a setback every few days for awhile. Really, having a good day was an anomaly but after 4 months the good days did start to outnumber the bad ones. But I still have occ. set backs even though my fissure is healed.

Postby buttgirl » 25 Jun 2007, 11:21

Being healed sounds so good and so far away. I came so close to being healed this past December. then the abscess erupted....I have started fantasizing about being healed and having a normal life again. The occasional piece of pizza with no fear and pain. Or best of all cheese. I do so miss cheeses....

has anyone tried anything to strengthen the scar tissue after having healed or while healing?
buttgirl
King Fissure