just had lis & fs surgery

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

just had lis & fs surgery

Postby Taygre3d » 25 Sep 2011, 19:06

Surgery was on 9 22 11, had bm morning of surgery and none since. Praying this is normal. Eating lots of good foods with fiber as I had before surgery. Any help would be greatly appreciated. God bless you for your help. Image
Taygre3d
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: just had lis & fs surgery

Postby Guest » 25 Sep 2011, 19:51

Hey Teresa.
Welcome to the forum! I read in your other post that you're taking Metamucil and stool softener. Sounds like you are doing pretty good there. Do you mind if I ask what kind of stool softener? Miralax seems to be the stool softener of choice with most of us here and works pretty good even with pain meds.
If you are taking pain meds, they can slow down things a bit and make bm's a little harder, so it may be necessary to up the stool softener a bit while on them. Also be sure to drink plenty of water especially with the Metamucil. It may be necessary to take a little milk of magnesia just to get things moving right now and then go back to the routine you had before surgery that worked but up the stool softeners until you quit the pain meds!

Reply too Dawn

Postby Taygre3d » 25 Sep 2011, 21:04

Thank you,Dawn
Stool softner: Equate Docusate sodium 100 mg 3 softgels at bedtime. and lots of water throughout the day & night. When would I take the milk of magnesia & I am still on percoset. Oh, I think I may have some miralax. Am responding on my mini computer. Its about 10:15 pm must take bedtime meds, can I take milk mag at the same time Image ? Thanks for all your help
Last edited by Taygre3d on 25 Sep 2011, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sent prematurely
Taygre3d
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2