My LIS Diary - March 2012 & fully healed in 4 weeks

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: My LIS Diary - March 2012 & fully healed in 4 weeks

Postby Davo » 08 May 2012, 13:34

Hello Sweet,
You are nearly there then!
I dont tend to come on here anymore but judging by the other posts i would say i have been quite lucky to heal so quickly.
The wedding is coming along well thanks - we have even got a pizza and peroni party at lunchtime to keep grumbling tums at bay until the evening reception!!
I read in your previous post that you are still on the softerners and fibre supplements. Are these still necessary? I stopped them all together a few weeks back.
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby Savaici » 09 May 2012, 11:30

Not in here much, but so glad to hear that you are doing well Davo, and Sweet Bugaboo too!
Off to see both a GI doctor and a CRS on the same day (get as much done as is expensive flying off for visits with docs), at a teaching hospital, at the end of the month. Both are heads of department, so hoping against hope. Not sure about my diagnosis of Behcet's Disease, hence the GI, and he made the appointment with the CRS for me, on the same day, so can yet again be checked for the fissure that nobody has seen yet...or whatever they find.
Preparation is the order of the day, so that have all my ducks in a row when I get there. Not hoping, but feeling that this is the route to take and will go from there. Not ruling out anything - except a colonoscopy, that is.
Having a couple of nights in a beautiful hotel with a view of the sea will make me enjoy it more I think, even if I can't nosh down on lovely food.
Thinking of you both.
Sav
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 09 May 2012, 13:47

Davo wrote:Hello Sweet,
You are nearly there then!
I dont tend to come on here anymore but judging by the other posts i would say i have been quite lucky to heal so quickly.
The wedding is coming along well thanks - we have even got a pizza and peroni party at lunchtime to keep grumbling tums at bay until the evening reception!!
I read in your previous post that you are still on the softerners and fibre supplements. Are these still necessary? I stopped them all together a few weeks back.
Davo

Hi, Davo -
Got home last night from my trip. I did pretty well on the trip - but for some, strange reason, today I'm more sore. Ah, well, geez - maybe more time is in order. So, yes, I'm still on the softeners and fiber -- my latest crs said that I'll probably need the fiber for the rest of my life. Can't hurt, I guess.
If you're off everything, and have healed and feel great, I would say that yes, you healed quickly - and there are some here that do heal quickly. That's not been the case with me, but I'm still glad I had the surgery - and I do hope that at some point, I'll be off the softeners and won't have much, if any, pain left.
My crs said that, due to my anatomy, a pillow is necessary - so, I took my travel pillow along and used it the entire time. I lost it once, two days' ago, but was able to retrace my steps and recover it! Thank heavens, lol.
I know you won't be on here, much - I'm not, so much, either - but I do check in and hope that everyone is progressing.
Cheers to you, Davo - and please do keep in touch, now and then. Wedding details would be great, too. --- I guess I can always pm you, if I have anything on my mind. :)
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 09 May 2012, 13:51

savaici wrote:Not in here much, but so glad to hear that you are doing well Davo, and Sweet Bugaboo too!
Off to see both a GI doctor and a CRS on the same day (get as much done as is expensive flying off for visits with docs), at a teaching hospital, at the end of the month. Both are heads of department, so hoping against hope. Not sure about my diagnosis of Behcet's Disease, hence the GI, and he made the appointment with the CRS for me, on the same day, so can yet again be checked for the fissure that nobody has seen yet...or whatever they find.
Preparation is the order of the day, so that have all my ducks in a row when I get there. Not hoping, but feeling that this is the route to take and will go from there. Not ruling out anything - except a colonoscopy, that is.
Having a couple of nights in a beautiful hotel with a view of the sea will make me enjoy it more I think, even if I can't nosh down on lovely food.
Thinking of you both.
Sav

Hi, Savaici! --- So, you will travel at the end of this month? I wish you well! I hope you can find some answers and be on the road to feeling better.
I came home last night and am a bit sore today. Gads, this just takes time, I guess. I must be one of those slow healers. Plus, I did have the fissurectomy - and I'm certain that's added to my healing time.
I'll have you in my prayers. Perhaps, just the time away and near the sea will do you some good. I'm glad I took my trip - but I did have to take my meds, fiber, and pillow along.
Please keep us posted.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby lindwe » 17 May 2012, 11:20

Hi Guys
I haven't checked in for a while. Glad to see things are going well for everyone.
I am doing well too. I had a couple of scares a few weeks ago when I had some blood but I went back to soaking post bm for a day and nothing came of it.
We were away with a gang of old friends for the May weekend. A trip which involved more drinking that was strictly necessary, more red meat & white bread ditto, and a walk and a 14 mile bike ride. I was very nervous about the ride and actually did a 10 mile road section rather than all cross country. I survived it but was tender and had some swelling for a week afterwards but no fissure Image
I have been trying to cut down on the fybogel & movicol - trying half a sachet each per day - and I don't seem to have had any problems. At least I know I can step it back up if I miss my fruit or water.
I find it hard to believe that only 9 weeks ago my life revolved around how much pain I might be in and being paranoid about my diet and then despondent when I had a fissure anyway.
So this goes to all of you with many thanks and hopes for happy healing for everyone x
lindwe
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 17 May 2012, 16:24

lindwe wrote:Hi Guys
I haven't checked in for a while. Glad to see things are going well for everyone.
I am doing well too. I had a couple of scares a few weeks ago when I had some blood but I went back to soaking post bm for a day and nothing came of it.
We were away with a gang of old friends for the May weekend. A trip which involved more drinking that was strictly necessary, more red meat & white bread ditto, and a walk and a 14 mile bike ride. I was very nervous about the ride and actually did a 10 mile road section rather than all cross country. I survived it but was tender and had some swelling for a week afterwards but no fissure Image
I have been trying to cut down on the fybogel & movicol - trying half a sachet each per day - and I don't seem to have had any problems. At least I know I can step it back up if I miss my fruit or water.
I find it hard to believe that only 9 weeks ago my life revolved around how much pain I might be in and being paranoid about my diet and then despondent when I had a fissure anyway.
So this goes to all of you with many thanks and hopes for happy healing for everyone x

Hi, lindwe -
So glad you're getting better! I'm on the mend, too - slowly but surely. I have days of soreness, once in awhile, but for the most part, I'm getting back to living life. For me, because of my two procedures (LIS and fissurectomy), my recovery has been longer - but, I do think I'm getting there.
We all just have to hang in there - and the support we get from this forum helps, as well.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby lindwe » 18 May 2012, 01:17

Hi Sweet
Glad to hear you're getting there too. Keep smiling...now that we all can.
lindwe
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 18 May 2012, 11:25

lindwe wrote:Hi Sweet
Glad to hear you're getting there too. Keep smiling...now that we all can.

That's right - we just have to persevere. This AF journey has been a long, grueling one for me (and I'm sure, for everyone else, too) -- and even when the pain is a distant memory, I'll never forget going through all of this.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 19 May 2012, 02:23

Davo wrote:Hi Gettingmedown,
The chances of a fissure recurrence post-LIS is very slim indeed - the sphincter is permanently relaxed and the cut takes most of the stress during BM's.
Ifyou were unlucky enough to get another fissure they would actually heal very quickly because of the relaxed sphincter. I was actually told by my surgeon that it is highly unlikely that i will ever get another fissure
Thanks for your comments
Davo

Ooooohhhhh Image - so sorry, just have to disagree with this , couple of us here DID develop fissure AFTER the LIS Image , so PLEASE be very careful !!!!
Theoretically fissures that do happen after the LIS would heal faster but in my case it DID NOT heal and I had to have second LIS Image and all of that without even ever being constipated !!!! I know I am not a "norm" lol but again, developing fissure to begin with is not a "norm" either lol ; ))).
So, yeah ... just be careful Image
On the brighter side - major congrats on your new and improved butt Image and may you stay pain free forever and ever Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 19 May 2012, 11:10

Fissulyna wrote:
Davo wrote:Hi Gettingmedown,
The chances of a fissure recurrence post-LIS is very slim indeed - the sphincter is permanently relaxed and the cut takes most of the stress during BM's.
Ifyou were unlucky enough to get another fissure they would actually heal very quickly because of the relaxed sphincter. I was actually told by my surgeon that it is highly unlikely that i will ever get another fissure
Thanks for your comments
Davo

Ooooohhhhh Image - so sorry, just have to disagree with this , couple of us here DID develop fissure AFTER the LIS Image , so PLEASE be very careful !!!!
Theoretically fissures that do happen after the LIS would heal faster but in my case it DID NOT heal and I had to have second LIS Image and all of that without even ever being constipated !!!! I know I am not a "norm" lol but again, developing fissure to begin with is not a "norm" either lol ; ))).
So, yeah ... just be careful Image
On the brighter side - major congrats on your new and improved butt Image and may you stay pain free forever and ever Image

Fissulyna, did the second LIS finally help you, with regard to not having an AF recurrence? and how long was your healing time after the 2nd LIS?
I'm wishing all of us here to feel and be better, with pain-free bottoms! :)
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure