I cant take this anymore!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: I cant take this anymore!

Postby Positive Girl » 28 Mar 2013, 08:48

Hi Hendrick, don't give up, 5 weeks may be still too soon for full healing, my surgeon says he would not talk to me for at least 2 months after doing the latest botox last Friday......like you I am still struggling but one positive thing was the pain didn't last quite as long as normal. He gave me a prescription for a paste like cream........I will check the name of it and post it when I get home, anything is worth a try !! Good luck................to you and your wife with the new baby
Positive Girl
Fibre Addict

Postby hendrick181 » 30 Mar 2013, 06:38

Has been a deep dull ache for a long time since re-tear. Botox still in effect since muscle isnt in spasm very often. What little spasm there is im able to offset with the nefipedrine. Is this a sign of healing having that constant dull ache all day long?
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby CrackinUp » 30 Mar 2013, 06:53

hendrick181 wrote:Is this a sign of healing having that constant dull ache all day long?

Yes, in fact I had a dull ache (even bad, and I do mean bad spasms) for 2-3 weeks after the fissure closed! This week I really turned a corner - I have gone from a minor irritation at times to symptomless. I've had red wine, fillet steak, curry... you name it. And the wine was in volume!
I'm 9 weeks in since the tear and 4 weeks since healing (or being told it was healed). Only just starting to feel normal. I had some quite strong aches / pains / sensations after healing, so don't worry about that!!
Hope this helps ease your mind a bit :)
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby CrackinUp » 30 Mar 2013, 06:56

In fact I think my dull ache might have been an angry skin tag, so keep an eye on that on a daily basis if you can. If it swells and ends up a bit red then it's angry and going to hurt a bit.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hendrick181 » 30 Mar 2013, 07:20

Ive never seen or felt a skin tag. But thanks for the info. Would i know it if i had one? I just saw the CRS wednesday and he said AF is still there and probably did re-tear... I assume a skin tag would be outside the opening of anus?
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby CrackinUp » 30 Mar 2013, 08:39

Mine is inside, but just pokes out. Senitel pile is the technical term. Sinetel means 'protector of', and that's exactly what it does... protect you (hopefully) from a re-tear as there's extra skin around the area.
Mine only pops out if I look in the mirror and push, otherwise I can't see it at all. Gross I know... but that's how I found it. Plus my CRS confirmed it on my first appointment. :)
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hendrick181 » 30 Mar 2013, 09:51

Mine hasnt ever popped out but i try to not push or spread out the cheeks since it could re-aggrivate. I just always assumed it was just swollen down there. I may actually have that.... This is a constant feeling of "bulging out"... Should i do anything different or worry if i do have that?
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby CrackinUp » 30 Mar 2013, 11:24

No, it's normal so don't worry. It's just the body's response to the fissure to grow additional skin to protect the fissure. :)
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hendrick181 » 30 Mar 2013, 12:20

Thanks again CrackinUp. Also are u using sitz baths? All ive been doing is taking a bath in about 3" of water with some epsom salt in it.... Should i be doing anything different?
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby hendrick181 » 07 Apr 2013, 23:07

Awful spasm today. Nitro canno keep up to offset them. Im out of ideas and i cant stand the pain anymore. I felt ok after 1st round of botox but symptoms returned after a month. Do i opt for 2nd round or proceed with LIS????
hendrick181
Salt Bather