I cant take this anymore!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: I cant take this anymore!

Postby hendrick181 » 03 May 2013, 07:11

I have had 2-3 BM per day all my life....id be terrified to stop the miralax or the metamucil....at this point would anyone advise i stop to try to have fewer BM??
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby bgd » 03 May 2013, 08:13

My doctor advised against laxatives, exactly because they make you go too much. He said 1 BM per day would be ideal, but me personally I can't take this pain everyday for 8h and I don't see how the fissure could possibly heal if torn everyday, as you said before.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby bgd » 03 May 2013, 14:42

OK, I think I'm ready to declare that Manuka works to some extent. It's the only new element I introduced one week ago when I had a major re-tear and I feel much better already. I only had 2 BMs during this week, first one was painless but triggered some mild spasm. On the second BM I had some discomfort and little blood, but there was no spasm afterwards.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hendrick181 » 04 May 2013, 08:14

How did u apply it? I have a consult in two weeks, that the doc said if i want we can plan on doing LIS that day instead... I have to let him know this week....i guess i will try the honey again.
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby bgd » 04 May 2013, 14:50

I settled with the thinnest syringe I could find, it's 1ml and I can stick it all in, cause it's so thin. So I put it in like 1cm deep, tilt it down towards the fissure, try to poke it a little bit so I know I'm at the right spot. Then shoot about 0.3ml. If it stings then I know it's right on. Although after a couple of days of Manuka and no pooping it didn't sting anymore, I assumed it meant healing. Then BM tears it up a little bit and it stings again.
So the thing is we are doing so many things we don't know exactly what works in what combination. For me I'm sure it's a combination of no pooping, botox and Manuka. Ah, and I also started taking magnesium pills the same day I started Manuka, people say it calms the muscle fibers. But since I started feeling better relatively quicker than others here who did botox, I'm assuming Manuka must've played a role. It sure can't hurt, so I'll keep doing it.
I'm also contemplating LIS a lot, good luck. But I would be just devastated if it didn't work. Since I'm only month and half old in this and seeing some improvement in levels of pain, I'll wait a bit more till botox wears off, see how it feels afterwards. If it goes on more than 3 months, I might do LIS.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hendrick181 » 09 May 2013, 21:19

Thanks for the info. Where did u get the syringe at? I cant seem to find any around me...also wow! I used the honey again(6th time) and i think i finally must have gotten it on the fissure! Whoa... Thats a weird feeling.. Like i have to BM and some stinging. Thats normal, right? I always read that it was.... Hope it helps me turn a corner! I have a consult a week from today that if the botox stops working immediately like the 1st time he will do LIS but i am absolutely horrified by missing almost two weeks of work...
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby JHH » 10 May 2013, 02:06

Dont stress over work mate. Your health is much more important!
I hope honey works out for you. Please keep us posted :-)
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby bgd » 11 May 2013, 15:19

I bought the syringe at the pharmacy. Yes, stinging and feeling like pooping is normal. Albeit I don't feel the stinging anymore! Felt so good after the last BM that I almost feel like declaring myself healed! Pain level 1-2 only 2 weeks after starting Manuka! The only problem is that I need to lay down for hours after BM, otherwise it'll hurt. So I poo late in the evening and go to bed.
This Manuka stuff seems to be working after all. It also helps that I poop once every 3-4 days.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hendrick181 » 11 May 2013, 15:59

Well i think the botox is wearing off and im become tolerant to diltizam since it doesnt help as much anymore....this is such a roller coaster that i really cant stand it anymore! The spasms are so intense...finally went away after 2nd BM 8 hours later and i feel another BM coming... Any other ideas for reducing spasms please let me know. I have tried everything on here at this point.....tempted to stop eating...
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby owmybum » 12 May 2013, 02:44

I'm so sorry hendrick181.... It's so soul destroying when you feel you have exhausted every option.
I would book another appointment to see your crs to discuss the next step for you.
In the mean time... Keep up with the routine... Stool softeners, water, baths or sitz, pain killers if you need them. Blob of Vaseline on anus before bm.
Have you tried elevating your feet during a bm?
Hang on in there.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !