I had my surgery this morning

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I had my surgery this morning

Postby owmybum » 04 Jun 2013, 02:48

Hey Suzy.... How are you doing?
What's the routine like for you now? Can you sit yet?
OMB xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby ravians » 04 Jun 2013, 03:46

ok that's gud to hear that u r a week ahead. we will keep noticing positive things only to keep the hope up. hope u will get to 19 mm dilation soon. to how much extent u can do home tasks.? take care .
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Juls814 » 04 Jun 2013, 04:29

Hi Suzy, I hope you are on the verge of getting back to a normal life. I can't imagine how you went on for all those years- I have a fissure since February, and since then all I can think about is my behind. My life revolves around it. I wanted to thank you for sharing your story. I am scheduled for surgery this Friday. I already cancelled once and won't lie that I am terrified and trying to find every excuse. I'm not sure yet what surgery for the fissure, I do know he wants to remove a hemmoroid. He said he will only remove the biggest one. I am very narrow and I guess all those years I had trouble using the bathroom should have been an indicator. I never had a narrow stools- they varied, but since the fissure they have become narrow. No surprise since I had terrible terrible spasms for 2 months. Your story is very encouraging and helpful. I have read everything, questioned everyone to a point where I am slightly obsessed. Reading your story in detail helps me realize that there will be pain but I can manage and get through it. So I just wanted to thank you so much to have taken the time to write it. Image
Juls814
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Postby suzyljank » 04 Jun 2013, 09:14

Hi, thank you all for your encouragement. I can sit now, but I still have to be careful. I have two tiny spots on each donor site that need to heal. They may be tiny but boy can they hurt. The hardest part is getting from a sitting position to a standing one without sliding your butt. I'm having a hard time mastering that one. The skin on the donor sites is very thin and fragile, it will take time for it to regain it's strength. I do get pain but my CRS said that is to be expected. I can do light housework now, go grocery shopping, things like that. I don't venture very far because I still have to shower after every BM and then use a hair dryer to dry, absolutely no toilet paper is allowed. I eat a normal diet. Fiber cereal in the morning with fruit is when I get the most fiber. I've started taking benefiber again but I have to go slow cause it can make you gassy. I have IBS so have to be careful with too much raw fruits and veggies. I use a 1/2 tsp. miralax in tea in the afternoon and a regular dose in tea at bedtime. I find the gauze between my bum to catch the discharge and to keep my healing donor sites from sticking together to be the most uncomfortable. Having that there all the time makes the skin irritated, can't wait til I don't have to do that anymore too. Slowly I'm progressing. In a few weeks I go in for a dental implant, been waiting a long time for this. I'm continuing with my daily dilation and keeping my fingered crossed that I continue to heal. I take it one day at a time. Most days are good but sometimes there is a bump in the road but I deal with it and my husband has been so helpful thru all of this. I know a few of you are scheduled for surgery soon, I wish all the best. Try not to over think what you're about to do just think of it as the first step on your road to recovery. And please share your entire story. So many people come here looking for advice and a lot of us forget to finish our stories because we're feeling better and leave the group, so sometimes they only see negative outcomes. I read so many scary stories about advancement flaps, that was one of the reasons I put the surgery off so long. I searched all over the Internet and couldn't find a good outcome. Then I found 3 here but I really had to look. Those positive stories helped me so much. If you having any questions I'll try my best to answer. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby splinterboy1984 » 04 Jun 2013, 17:07

Hey suzy, I wish you good luck you been through alot. I dont know if you beleive in god(sometimes you have to wonder why hes not listening, is he even there)but he is there, we just dont understand things and the bigger picture. I will pray for you. take care
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Postby ravians » 05 Jun 2013, 01:24

yes HE is there for sure without any doubt in the slightest aspect.
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jr2 » 05 Jun 2013, 15:07

Hi Suzy,
Just wanted to pop over and say "hello" and let you know I'm thinking of you and still holding you close in thought while you continue this long recovery. I also wanted to thank you again for being so open and willing to share your experience with others. I know it is so helpful for so many to be able to read an honest account of different surgeries.
Wishing you better and better days ahead.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Savaici » 05 Jun 2013, 17:06

Hi Suzy,
It is so wonderful to read your "story," and to see your progression. Just feel so happy for you, and wish you well with your healing every day. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby momof7 » 05 Jun 2013, 19:30

Reading through your posts, Suzy, I have hope. I will plan on asking my CRS about dilation after my surgery Fri. I have no idea what all they will find, but I'm thinking at least three sets of stitches running vertically from internal to external along with the LIS. I know I have numerous 'roids internally. But He can only take care of the worst ones. He feels that mine are too advanced to the new THD hemmie procedure.
Fortunately, he is similar to your doc...has been very up front that my recovery will be very painful.
Thank you, for keeping us all updated. I look forward to seeing you post in the success stories. =)
momof7
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby ravians » 07 Jun 2013, 14:34

Suzy you are right, people when they get better after surgery they usually leave the board not completing their success story and people don't actually get to know the real stats of their surgery outcome. only those stay here mostly who for some reason don't heal.
people should complete their stories so that others who are seeking any help or success rate of surgeries are not mis guided.
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist