I had my surgery this morning

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I had my surgery this morning

Postby suzyljank » 16 May 2013, 16:05

Hi, I'm feeling better a litte at a time, my donor sites are the most pain but they are healing. Sitting is really tricky.
I have gauze bunced up between my but so the donor sites don't stick together. Sometimes it bunches up and sticks to the new skin and will bleed a little bit, that's not easy to sit on. You kind of have to get in just the right position to sit for any length of time but I'm working on it. Today my husband took me up to the store to buy some looser pants. I wasn't out very long but it wore me out. Guess I just have to be patient. How are you doing? Are you going to have LIS or the flap done? Don't be afraid if the flap becomes necessary, if I can do it anyone can. I'm the biggest scaredy cat out there. What ever you decide to do ask someone to stay with you for a few days if you can. It helps so much. All the best Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby marg6043 » 16 May 2013, 16:41

suzyljank, I been reading on how you have been suffering for years after having hems removal and scar tissue building, you are a brave girl to wait so long while suffering.
It kind of make some of us think two times about complaining when we know others have been suffering much longer.
It is an inspiration for many of us to read your posts, you sound so upbeat even with the recuperation journey still ahead of you.
I know in my hart that you are going to do well, just take it easy and let the body do its thing.
My prayers are with you in your healing and recovery. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Ozark English » 16 May 2013, 18:23

Dang Suzy, I have to say - you've gotta be one tough customer. I can't imagine rolling with the punches the way you are with all this. I'm sure the slow-and-steady recovery has to be hard, but it sounds like you're making serious progress. Keep up the good work and don't worry, dude, we're all rooting for you here!
Ozark English
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby PIA » 17 May 2013, 03:02

Image xx Pia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby pinpin » 17 May 2013, 11:41

Hi Suzy,
What do you believe is diameter of your BM now? You are saying normal size.
I was always wondering what is normal...
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby suzyljank » 17 May 2013, 17:44

Not having a good evening suddenly started bleeding. Called the doctor am doing packing every twenty minutes to see if blood slows up. On the third time changing packing and my husband says he sees a broken stitch. Have no idea how that happened. Have to keep pressure on the area, if bleeding doesn't slow or stop have to go to emergency. Hope that doesn't happen. Doctor said I might need a new stitch. Also have to stop taking ibuprofen for now because it thin the blood. I'm a little scared. Say a little prayer please, Suzy.
suzyljank

Postby Savaici » 17 May 2013, 18:27

Image So sorry, dear Suzy. Thinking of you and hoping this quickly resolves without a trip to the ER.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby suzyljank » 17 May 2013, 19:24

Thank you. I've been sitting here with packing for a few hours now and the bleeding is slowing, thank god. I just got so scared. I have an appointment with my CRS this Tuesday so I'm hoping I can keep things together until then. Everything happened so fast, I made such a mess. My husband wants me to teach him to do laundry while I'm sitting here. I have to say between looking at my butt, packing my wounds and cleaning up blood he's been an angel. One thing having all these butt problems has taught me is who I can really count on. I'm blessed to have so much support. Suzy.
suzyljank

Postby jr2 » 17 May 2013, 19:48

Suzy,
Adding my hope that the bleeding stops and that it all turns out to just be a blip in your recovery. It's so true what you say about going through hard times and learning about things about people in your life. So glad you and your husband are seeing even greater closeness to one another through this experience together. Image
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby marg6043 » 17 May 2013, 21:32

Suzy set backs will happen during the healing time, do not let this take back any hopes you have from this surgery.
Remember we as women want to do take care of everything, the house, the kids the husband, because that is what we are suppose to do or what we think is the right thing to do.
Been idle, resting or even too much care of our own needs makes us feel guilty, but right now you need to see that you are surrounding by people that cares a wonderful husband that is doing everything he can to make thing easy for you.
Is ok to just lie there and do nothing, is ok to slow down is ok to take care of yourself and let others take care of you.
Don't let this set back take away anything that you already have accomplished.
Is going to be better days.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8