Prepare for surgery

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Prepare for surgery

Postby kkmark » 28 Jul 2013, 11:37

Hi ETO
Yes any help any input is much appreciated and yes we all need help coping with this.and for me you n reborn have been wonderful. I am worried abt if I get BM at work Bcoz I still have pain afterwards which then I have to take sitz bath to cool down I am planing for 1/2 day tomm n see how I can cope up. How did u manage BM at work any tips.
Thank you hope u had great weekend
Kathy
kkmark
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Ever the Optimist » 29 Jul 2013, 12:51

Hi Kathy,
How did work go??? Was everything OK?
I was pretty fortunate because I tend to get a BM before I go, and after I finish work, so this works out quite nicely!
However, I did have the odd ocassion when it didn't work out that way, so I'd discreetly slink off and take my time. I always carried baby wipes to clean-up and also used tissue which, I'd soak in hot water and use that to dab at the area so I felt nice & clean. I'd also suggest taking some pain killers too if you need to prior to the BM, so any post pain is less intense for you.....you could use really cold water instead of hot after the clean-up because this actually pleasantly numbs the area too.......
I hope it's going OK & just do what you can manage to do at this stage. You're still recovering after all, so keep looking after yourself :) 
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby kkmark » 29 Jul 2013, 19:40

Hey ETO
The day went by good a little uncomfortable sitting so walked every few minutes stood up n worked but I feel good was at work till 6 hrs. Yes I have my pain killers n baby wipes with me now all the time :)
Hope I will be healed by next month one day at a time
Thank you
Kathy
kkmark
Salt Bather

Topics: 3