non healing wound or chronic fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: non healing wound or chronic fissure

Postby Ever the Optimist » 11 Aug 2013, 14:25

Hi Igrik,
I really have to apologise for this! but I have checked out the website on an online phamacy review and it is not recommended you use the site anyway (which is probably a sign that you could not access the link).....
I've done a bit more research and there are a few sites that say they sell this but I would actually be really careful that they are genuine......They seem to be US & Canadian based. None of the genuine sites for the UK sell the cream as it's prescription only......
SO sorry!! Image
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Please go-away! » 11 Aug 2013, 17:41

Igrik
What ever your decision, remember you are not alone, so glad your wife , is so supportive.
It will take time, but you will come on top, and look back as many people here, and wished you done it sooner.so before you know it,
it will be over.
All the best...Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby gnilb372 » 24 Sep 2013, 11:49

I think most doctors are fixated on "procedures" and prescriptions. I suffered an AF for over 10 years (pain, bleeding, itching - a general pain IN the ass) . . . I had tried everything the doctor recommended - to no avail - and he was saying that it was time for surgery. As a last ditch effort, I got a bunch of A&D ointment and a large box of surgical gloves . . . and used them to LIBERALLY apply the A&D ointment before, during (yes - I said during), after and in between movements. I got it on, around and inside my rectum. I was a walking rectal oil slick - but it worked quickly and completely. I have been free of all pain/blood/itching for over a year now. Basically, use the A&D ointment for lubrication, protection and anti-inflammatory . . . Don't skimp on it . . . use plenty. If it's not working, USE MORE.
gnilb372

Topics: 2

Postby Lmdouce » 11 Oct 2013, 15:45

what is this anal resting pressure...im having a Lateral internal sphincterotomy in a week...the Dr. never mentioned this to me...should I be worried??
Lmdouce
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby pinpin » 11 Nov 2013, 03:38

Well, I suggest to ask about this to doctor firstly. But if he is competent and recommends surgery, probably he is aware.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby Scientist2516 » 11 Nov 2013, 09:17

Lmdouce, anal resting pressure is basically how tight your anus is.

The idea is, that people with a normal (fairly low) anal resting pressure are unlikely to get a fissure.
People with high anal resting pressure are more likely to get a fissure, and if they do, it is less likely to heal.

I don't think they really know why, but two possible reasons are:
1) the tightness of the muscle at rest makes it more likely to tear during a BM. To explain this a little more, our internal anal sphincter is strongly contracted almost all the time, so that we don't leak BM. To have a BM, your sphincter must relax. If it doesn't relax and you have a big BM, the skin of the sphincter can tear.
2) If the sphincter is really tightly contracted at rest (ie when you are not on the toilet), less blood can get to the area, so the area gets weak (this is called ischaemia). And then, if you do get a fissure, it can't heal because of the lack of blood supply.

The most common place to get a fissure happens to be where blood supply is lowest anyway - the back part of the anus at 6 o' clock.

So LIS is supposed to reduce anal resting pressure by cutting the anal muscle. Now, instead of a circle, it's a C shape and can't contract as strongly. The idea is to prevent painful spasms. I suppose it may also allow blood flow to the anus again.

The place they cut is away from the most ischaemic area, so a LIS cut will heal much better and faster than the fissure.

You can also increase blood supply and relax the anal sphincter with medications like nifedipine, diltiazem and nitroglycerine. These are all blood pressure drugs, which relax and open blood vessels, and relax smooth muscle like the internal anal sphincter. But if these don't work for you, LIS is usually the next step.

I hope this helps.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby pinpin » 24 Jan 2021, 14:34

Just wanted to stop by and tell everything is ok since LIS surgery. Ocasionally can get a fissure once in a year, but it healing itself.

Perhaps, getting older and internal muscle is not as strong as before.

Has been 8 years!

:afsmile:
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good