What not to eat....

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: What not to eat....

Postby Please go-away! » 21 Aug 2013, 19:45

Kreaybutt I tried a rice cheese, like soy cheese..yuck, never again..Image 
Hi Scientist, I too can eat some different food's, other then my usual grind, as long a I take my IBS pill. it contains slippery elm and other ingredient's. And of course water, water, water..lol.
You should be OK with small amount's of cheese, Kreaybutt. I love my old cheddar, I can eat a very small piece or I will grate a teaspoon on my Kale or omelette, so little but when it's shredded it look's like more, just for the taste.
love this Forum..Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Scientist2516 » 21 Aug 2013, 20:44

I used to have slippery elm tea for sore throats. I might see if I can get some for my night-time drink. Great idea - could be better for me than mineral oil.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Please go-away! » 21 Aug 2013, 20:50

I have used the tea too, but when I found it in this natural pill form, produced for people with IBS.
I just love it, you can find slippery elm in throat lozenges, that some people with colon issues swear by the lozenges and tea as well.
Theirs a brand on the market, called sleepy time, max something, there is slippery elm and other ingredient's to calm the throat and help you sleep. I found it in the health store, I guess because of the slippery elm, it can't be put in a regular grocery store, because it is more medicinal.
Good night, I'm off to la la land..long day, it's 11:00 p.m in Toronto, Ontario Canada..:)have a good night all.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 22 Aug 2013, 23:12

Boy the advice you get is so varied!  My naturopath at first said NO DAIRY, which I haven't gone without my whole life!  When I whined a little, he said, well avoid the harder cheeses, but milk, yogurt should be fine for you.  So, based on my own experimentation.....always scary with an AF, I find I can eat some cheese but have to watch the amounts and what I eat it with.  Pizza is not great b/c it combines cheese with white flour.  Some shredded cheese on dishes that include veggies seems to be fine.  Cheese on a hamburger--nope.  I hope you find your AF-friendly yet varied diet!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10