Scheduled LIS surgery for tomorrow

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Scheduled LIS surgery for tomorrow

Postby MattMecham » 18 Jun 2013, 22:28

It's been over two years since my LIS.  Absolutely zero pain, and zero complications in all that time.  Most days, I don't even think about it.  Ranks right up there with the best decisions I have ever made in my life.
Semper Fi,

Matt
MattMecham
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 19 Jun 2013, 03:35

Congrats it's great to hear success stories.  I hope that's me shortly 😊 I'm just 1 wk post LIS & tag removal most of my pain is coming from incision site & tag I'm sure given time this will fade too.
Deleted User 2543

Postby xxstaciexx » 06 Jun 2016, 08:17

I am due to have lis surgery this August. Any advice on recovery, pain etc would be most appreciated. Scared is not the word xxxxxx
xxstaciexx
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby MattMecham » 27 Aug 2016, 19:06

Hello Stacie. I don't know if your surgery has happened yet, but I thought I would pop back in and give a five year update. I had my LIS early in 2011, and have had zero complications since then. Life is good!

(Unless you have already gone through recovery) Just take it easy. It's nice if someone can bring you stuff while you lay around and read books, watch tv, and sleep, but in my experience, it won't kill you to hobble around a little and get some water, soup, etc. I took several days before I let myself go back to work - even after I felt fine, I stayed on my back for another couple of days, just to make sure that SOB was really gone, hahaha. I hope everything turns (turned) out well for you.
Semper Fi,

Matt
MattMecham
Salt Bather

Topics: 3