SELF-DILATION

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: self dilation

Postby Guest » 23 Jan 2012, 10:45

woi...
Are you an artist too?
I really miss my art and writing... The pain has just been too consuming ...

Postby workingonit » 23 Jan 2012, 13:30

I like to think I am a non-practicing artist ; )
I draw when I can, but lately that is even less. Just not in the mood when I am worrying about my health.
I can't write worth beans, but I do keep a journal and that helps with stress and worry.
Is there no topical you can get to lessen the pain?
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby reckless » 24 Jan 2012, 07:56

I've ordered a set of 5 dilators that go from a 1" diameter to 2".
It cost Ј45.
I'll be careful to work my way up slowly.
reckless
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby workingonit » 24 Jan 2012, 12:06

Reckless,
Keep us posted please. Did you read the letters about self dilation from the yahoo anal fissure group forum?
There were 4 people there who tried it with success, Vince, Jon, Neena and Don. Neena didn't do it til after she healed though. I believe one of them recommended using vitamin E oil as a lubricant.
I am afraid to try it before I heal, but definitely plan to do it after I heal (well after the new skin has weathered a bit too).
Did you get the kind that are straight edged and taper or the kind that sort-of bulge out at the end?
I'm feeling more sore today, so just trying to stay the course... The increased dose of nifedipine does seem to make a difference though.
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby reckless » 24 Jan 2012, 12:38

I got the ones that bulge at the end. They're based on the old Young's dilators.
They were used by doctors in the early 20th century to treat fissures, anal stenosis and tight pelvic floor muscles.
I had to order them from a damn sex shop lol.
I can't believe people actually would want to shove those things in themselves for pleasure!
I thought the idea is to use them to aid healing, not after. Since it's the tight anus that prevents the fissure from healing.

I'll probably just use ky jelly as a lubricant.
reckless
Salt Bather

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 24 Jan 2012, 13:55

j -
FTR, I've never had blood with mine.
Also, I'm just trying not to touch anything. I don't know if that will help, either. I don't really feel like getting out and walking in our cold, misty weather - I'm thinking that, in my case, it would only make me shiver and probably spasm. I really don't know. I guess I've become a bit of a recluse, lately - but woi really has the right attitude, to try and stay positive.
Honestly, I don't know how to treat this d*mned AF. Still trying to, though, one way or another.
Oh - and I made a call up to SF (about 3 hours north of where I live), and I called around, and as yet, none of the doctors does S.A.D.s. However, I did find one crs - a women (not that it matters to me about that) - and she has high ratings. The gal in her office staff said that this crs is very successful with AFs. --- So, I'm thinking about possibly taking a trip up there, if I can arrange it.
All these things float around in my mind, as I try to figure out what to do and try to find a doctor who KNOWS what to do.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby reckless » 24 Jan 2012, 14:40

My sphincter is in constant spasm so I need to use these dilators to break the cycle. I hope they work!
reckless
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2012, 14:54

Reckless...
Let us know how it goes, and please just go really slowly with it to avoid any further fissure aggravation. You might find the smallest one you ordered is still too big depending on how tight the muscle is, so you may need to start out just getting used to using just your finger before progressing to something larger.

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2012, 15:01

Sweet...
It does sound like you are doing all you can to find the best care for yourself and gathering information and opinions will go a long way toward making you feel more comfortable in your treatment plan. It is so important to feel confident in your doctor, and you just have to keep on until you find one you really trust. I really trust my doctors. I just wish they did dilitation.
In the meantime there are days when it just really takes it's toll and it's totally understandable to feel down and anxious. Chronic health issues mean grieving for parts of our lives that are no longer part of us, so don't be hard on yourself when you feel discouraged. Remember you are not alone, though, and on the days when you feel down, let others be the hope keepers for you.
Sending you a big hug... :)

Postby grannymaria » 24 Jan 2012, 15:09

reckless wrote:My sphincter is in constant spasm so I need to use these dilators to break the cycle. I hope they work!
Image Plz be very careful sweetie.. and as everyone has said - please start with the smallest one and gently and ever so carefully.. Our prayers with you.. Plz keep us posted..
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13