So depressed

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: So depressed

Postby juney » 17 Mar 2008, 16:18

i think i'm the only LIS patient who is NOT HAPPY. i've had 2 and didn't heal after either. only by taking MOM every night have i finally found some relief. it's not a sure thing, but it would be worth it to consider.

i plan to get pregnant one day in the future and i will definitely have a c-section. i don't think it would even be a question w/ a considerate dr.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 17 Mar 2008, 16:19

I think it is wise to go to a CRS off base. I grew up an Air Force brat and you probably don't need me to tell you that the quality of care is less than in the private sector unless they have changed things significantly in the last 20 years.
I think a second opinion is smart. I am going to get a second opinion on Thursday to see why I am not healing or healing so slowly when I was told that 8 weeks was the definite outside time for healing.

Yeah, the swelling is puzzling. Does it feel like a hard ball or is it all around the anus. Did you have a difficult birth? I had some nerve damage in the pudendal nerve (rectal branch) as I was pushing the baby out which caused nerve pain. I have two kids and would not get pregnant again for $1 million because of the suffering and pelvic problems now.
Ask you CRS is he thinks you might have pudendal neuralgia. Nerve pain can be present even when you don't see anything physical that would account for the pain. I don't want to worry you but maybe just ask about it. There is a website www.tipna.org that has more info about this condition. I don't think that you have it but you sure have had a lot of problems since the birth.

Postby buttgirl » 17 Mar 2008, 17:11

I think it's worth shopping around until you find a good CRS. It can take a while, but once you've found one its so worth it. MY first 3 surgeons were not good at all. I'm glad i did not let them do LIS. the one I am seeing now is great so far and can highly recommended. The difference in the way he treats me is phenomenal. He did even need to scope me to tell what was going on, unlike the others. I'd suggest finding a good CRS and then deciding what to do with his/her help.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Jen » 17 Mar 2008, 21:10

Juney - I am so glad the MOM is working for you. I actually had a tablespoon last night because I was so upset, and things came out really smoothly this morning. I totally agree with you - C sections are the only way to go. Did your CRS recomend this as well? Mine said a vag delivery was ok, and I could not disagree more!
Buttgirl - Thanks! I have decided to get a second opinion. I like my CRS - but there maybe someone better for me. What kind of teas are good for the rear? Any herbs? I have become a big tea drinker as well since this started.
Lecia - Thanks for the website. I looked at it and I don't think I have that. One of the base doctors mentioned it to me before. I think my prblem is just with my anus. The swelling yesterday was short lived. It happens around 1/2 of my bum. It occurs around the fissure. Some people would say its a skin tag - but it is too large to be a skin tag...it is literally half the circumfrance of my bum! I'll get it checked out on Monday and update everyone.
I am sorry your still hurting. Maybe your body is just a little slow at healing. It seams there is such a wide range of healing times for the LIS folks. Maybe your just a little slower. I am sure everything is ok.
I feel a little better today about my setback. I was really down about it yesterday. I can't wait until I am healed.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Sorerumpie » 17 Mar 2008, 21:20

Jen, I can totally understand how you feel.
I am using Nitro cream and was feeling like it was healing up well until last nite when it woke me up out of a dead sleep .
Felt like it tore open again ................... damn it !
So, needless to say I am walking around with a sore butt again today and just wondering how long this must go on.
Have you been cleaning your tush after bowel movements and coating the fissure with ointment religiously ?
And, I attribute some of my setbacks definitely with slipping from a really boring diet. Example - I had mexican food with salsa and chips the other nite - DUH ! Could that possibly have caused some re-tear ??? I feel stupid when I do things like that.
Good Luck Jen , hope ya get back on your feet quick.
Last edited by Sorerumpie on 17 Mar 2008, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Fissulyna » 17 Mar 2008, 21:29

HEY JA _ LOL- what person to do with you ??? Image I warned you about Mexican food just , like, 4 day ago Image ! Oh my, anyway, I am so sorry to hear that you are in pain again Image , those ups and downs are just maddening, I know : (((.
You just have to go back to your fissure routine and hold onto it like for dear life. There is no other way, dear JA, you HAVE to stick with it, not only untill you feel better but about for a year after your butt heals and maybe even longer. If you don't, you will make your fissure very happy and yourself very miserable :( ...
Please take care !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 17 Mar 2008, 21:45

Ahhh...I am sorry about your setback too! Our fissures are on the same cycle Image
I am so good with my diet...the only thing that I can pinpoint that went wrong was going to the bathroom twice in one day! Freaking fiber!
JA - How many times a day do you put on the nitro? My doc said to only apply the nifedipine twice a day....should I use it more????
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Sorerumpie » 17 Mar 2008, 23:34

Jen , I have been using the Nitro three times per day with a 12 hour break at nite. When I miss an application I really notice the pain coming back. The Zinc Oxide cream goes on about five minutes after I apply the nitro.
Personally , I have no Idea if this going to work or not ..........
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Sorerumpie » 17 Mar 2008, 23:37

Fiss, Yea, that mexican food and salsa was really a stupid move - but darn - it sure tasted good at the time - Yum !!
Gee, could it be the salsa ingredients that burn so bad today ?
DUH !
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Mar 2008, 01:11

Hey, what was done was done Image !!! Now ,at least, you can imagine taste of "real food" when in crisis Image LOL ! Yes, try to stay away from anything spicy or very acidic. It can burn down there really bad Image . Even when one gets diarrhea it burns like hell since a lot of stomach acid comes down the digestive tract :pale: . I am sure that you will feel much better in no time - take some extra baths and pamper your behind Image - you never know - your new date might fall in love with it so exfoliated and powder fresh Image !!!
All the best Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61