So depressed

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: So depressed

Postby juney » 18 Mar 2008, 10:07

jen - i did talk to my CRS about having kids, even though that's a long time away for me :) she doesn't have kids, but she said after dealing with so many butt-traumatized patients she would never even consider giving birth naturally herself! it just seems like it can wreck havoc on your body (like poor lecia!). plus with all our histories, i'm sure any dr would sympathize and let us have a c-section. i worry about that sometimes, but hopefully by the time i decide to get pregnant this will be long in my past! :roll:
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 18 Mar 2008, 10:53

Jen-
I'm right there with you. My fissure retore last Tuesday and in situations past seemed to go away after a few days. But not this time! Most of the times I do not have any bleeding, however, this morning I had a lot of blood. It's definitely scary and has thrown me over the edge. I feel like a total head case! I'm going to NYC on Thursday for a 3rd opinion, as I've gotten 2 completely different suggestions. I've already had one LIS and would do it again in a minute if I knew it would solve the problem forever. Wish someone could make that guarantee. Try to hang in there as I am. I know where you're coming from!!

Postby Jen » 18 Mar 2008, 13:35

Nancy,
I am so sorry about your pain! This is such an amazing board! Everyone is so helpful and I swear a couple of these folks no more about fissures than doctors! :D
Are you on nitro or nifedipine? Just asking, because you mentioned you had alot of bleeding. I had alot of bleeding with my fissure when I started the nifedipine because it is a vasodilator. The pain was minimal with lots of blood. I had a colonoscopy and all other GI issues have been ruled out. You should have one for piece of mind.
Fiss-
I was reading a post of yours somewhere and you mentioned Manometry. Is it normal to get this done before surgery. My CRS mentioned that she wanted to do this with me.
Also, I know your fissure was like mine - it would tare and heal every 2-3 weeks. When it would heal up during these 2-3 week periods, did you have any pain or soreness?
Thanks to everyone! My spirts are lifted and I am doing better...especially after reading Lecia's poop show story! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Mar 2008, 15:19

Hi Jen ,
As I mentioned in my post - it is not usually done although it should be.
Yes, even when my fissure would be almost healed, there was a small pinch during BM and some burning sensation in the skin - but I think burning was side effect of Nitro and Nef. creams.
Hope it helps !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 18 Mar 2008, 17:33

Jen,
I too understand about the burning after the BM. I am coming in late in the post. I would have a BM early in the day and it would only hurt a little bit, but if I had a BM later on the same day LOOK out it would burn and sting and the spasms would start up an hour later. I am so sorry you are depressed, keep your chin up. Time heals I did not have LIs as you know see what the CRS has to say..
Hugs
Patty

Postby Guest » 18 Mar 2008, 18:26

Jen-
Currently I'm not doing anything - seeing a doctor on Thursday. I'm afraid they will suggest a colonoscopy - but with the fissure causing so much pain - I don't know how I would do the prep for it. I'm sure it would be excruciating if I were up all night long with diarrhea. The thought makes me sick! This whole thing has been a never-ending nightmare.

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Mar 2008, 18:36

I know : (((, that part IS upsetting. I had to self administer Fleet before the LIS and I collapsed on the floor because of the pain the tip caused going in : ((((... I cried for an hour and fell asleep exhausted and woke up just in time to go to surgery center ...
I wish you all the best !
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 18 Mar 2008, 18:39

Nancy,
You mentioned something about some healing oil for fissures? I think I might have found the website. It doesn't have the ingredients listed so I was curious to see if you knew and what your experience was.

There were a lot of testimonials and even one from another person named Nancy! Do you think it is worth using it again?

Oh, yeah, Jen-to make the poop story worse they actually had me raised up on a platform like I really was on a throne!

Postby Jen » 18 Mar 2008, 22:02

Nancy - I think you should do the colonoscopy after the fissure heals. It really gave me a pice of mind that I am ok besides my sore hinney. I think your right - right now it would be too painful. BTW - I am ordering your heal fissure product! I figured, what the hell! :)
Lecia - OMG!!! Why did they do this? I hope they had a good reason and r/o a condition that you don't have. I know it was no fun, but reading about it put a smile on my depressed face. A platform...geez! More power to you! :)
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Mar 2008, 22:35

Jen - didn't you have colonoscopy recently ??? Did it hurt ? Did they ever checked you for Hep. C and HIV after what happened?
Hope all is fine there !!!
Fissulyna
VIP