Girls don't poop...LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Girls don't poop...LIS

Postby Corsi » 23 Feb 2009, 08:34

I have been home for 2 hours now. I was the first one my CRS did surgery on today. I am grateful I didn't have to wait. Was up all night because the laxatives kicked in big time...
In November my fissure was 3 mm long...today during surgery my CRS was kind of surprised about what he saw. My devil fissure is now 1 cm and deeper than before, and also I have got another one. 2 fissures! No wonder I have had BM pain every Image day. I really hope this takes care of things. He too thinks that LIS was the correct thing to do knowing that my fissure has become bigger and has got a twin sister. I really could have done without this second one, but my butt seems to think "the more, the merrier".
I have something up my butt, he told me it was to hinder bleeding. Something sponge like he said... He said it would come out with the next BM Image
I dread the next BM, last nights wonderful trips to the toilet hasn't really helped things, and now this thing up my butt...?
I am so full of different types of medicines that I don't feel much yet. Haven't slept since Sunday morning 05:00 (34 hours, so my head is a bit slow).
They told me to take Pinex Forte (said it could be constipating), Ibux and Paracetamol (which isn't supposed to be constipating). I don't know what to do, my hubby says that I should take what they suggest, but he doesn't know the fear of constipation. I tend to think Paracetamol today/tonight and Ibux and Paracetamol when I get up tomorrow morning...what would you wise boardie members suggest? Should I take something before the pain becomes too bad, or just wait and see?
I do have problems taking painkillers long term because I always get stomachpain.
I will eat liquid and soft food, and as little as possible. I will continue with lactulose and Movicol in the evening, don't dare to change things just now...you see I listen to your advice.
Thanks for all the support, advice and just being there for me. I have seen Pinky's good luck thread and Val's nice words (you are a hero for being able to give support, all the time you have your own problems), Tabby sent me hilarious healing vibes text messages last night with a picture of Grumpter (my hubby and I laughed out loud when we saw it, and also when I told him Grumpter is on a world tour, he said "You guys are crazy". I take it as a compliment..). Got the necklace today as well (will mail you later L.) Also thanks to the rest of who have been so very supportive Image you all!!
Well, that's all from me Image
Corsica Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Re: Girls don't poop...LIS

Postby cherylk » 23 Feb 2009, 08:45

I am glad you were able to have the surgery, Corsi. Now you can rest, relax, and heal. Can't advise about the meds as I have never taken those. My husband doesn't think some of the things we do are funny either. Guess one has to have an AF to appreciate the humor sometimes. Image No wonder you had such pain with 2 fissures!! Good luck with healing.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 23 Feb 2009, 08:53

Ahh Dear Corsi Image What a day !
So nice to hear you safe and sound – YOU DID IT GIRL !!!! Image
Not so good about sister fissure BUT now atleast you have the ground in which to heal !
The sponge in your butt in packing , don’t freak a few of the members here have had it just please try and relax as much as you can for the first BM the packing should come out and then jump right in the tub OK !
I was the same with the meds and only took paracematol that first night , I was OK but if pain calls then maybe the ibux which is Ibuprofen, all the meds I took was one of each - paracematol in the am and ibuprofen in the pm, remember paracemtol for pain ! ibuprofen for inflammation and swelling !
The text was to make you smile – it worked Image
Now go and get nice and cosy with them cats Image

Postby Guest » 23 Feb 2009, 09:33

Oo sorry and Pinex Forte – that is codine based from what I can see Image (The constipating one)

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Feb 2009, 10:08

I agree with Tabby, have a hot bath drawn and ready for immediately after your BM(s) the first few days, it is relaxing, soothing and brings blood ot the healing site.
I am so proud and happy for you Corsica! Today is the first day of your life without fissures, even though you still have it for now...it's the beginning of the end, how cool is that?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 23 Feb 2009, 10:13

Hey Corsi!
so glad to hear from you!! I've been waiting to hear something from you and I am so glad that they did the srugery today. It sounds like you really needed it with the fissure getting bigger and the evil twin. I am so happy that part is over. Sounds you got a lot cleared out of your system last night.
I alternated between the narcotics and the non-narcotics. Codeine is very mild in the narcotics world so I wouldn't worry so much about taking some. Did he suggest stool softners too?
So glad the necklace arrived today.
Just relax, sweetie!

Postby Jen » 23 Feb 2009, 10:23

Corsi -
I am glad your doing ok. I am sure you will recover quickly. Two fissures! Yikes! No wonder you were in so much pain!
PS...I wish girls didn't poop! :)
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby val » 23 Feb 2009, 13:44

So glad its all over and you're ok! LIS was definately the right thing to do seeing as the fissures are multiplying!
Its best to keep on top of the pain and take the meds. I personally wouldnt take anything which even threatens to constipate! Paracetamol with ibruprofen should be adequate - its only when all the local anaesthetics wear off that its a bit of a shock! After that it improves pretty quickly.
Hope you feel better soon. Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Corsi » 23 Feb 2009, 14:12

Image Image Image Image all of you!
I'm still OK, can feel more, but not bad. Valerie when you say it is a shock, is it very bad? Should I take paracetamol before I go to bed like Tabby did, or have it by the bed?
And girls, I got my period yesterday, that was fun...
Jen wrote: PS...I wish girls didn't poop! :)

Me too! Wished it could just evaporate Image
Tabby wrote:The text was to make you smile – it worked Image

It really did :)
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 23 Feb 2009, 15:39

Period !! Image That sucks Image
When i felt more of the cherry bomb explosion bum, i took paracetomol that was evening time too ! Hopefully a good nights sleep for you ! Image